car repair queue 1.5 months

ETatBKK

car slightly damaged in a crash. bring it to insurance specified garage and the repair queue is 1.5 months away.

bring it to the brand official garage, they do service ( and they did a good job in last 5 years ) but they don't do crash repair :-(

what is the way of working here ? any other options ?

Tell your insurance 6 weeks wait is unacceptable and ask them to find you a faster repairer. simple smile.png

been done, and other appointed garages are all in the similar queue time. better garages have longer queues, some say 2 months.

I am not sure if the garage choices and queue time are related to the 'pricing' of the insurance package.

The time delay is because many of those in front of you are lubricating the process.....tea money. The queue keeps getting extended as new entrants who don't know the ropes are relegated to the end of the queue. The irony is that even more will join the queue in front of you as they lubricate the process. A little monetary lubrication offer from yourself will see instant promotion in the queue to the day after tomorrow, or next Thursday at the latest.

You may not like it, but that's how it works. smile.png

• Like 1

I waited 3 months for the repairer to collect my car to repaint for some scratches. After a phone call they said ANOTHER 3 months! <deleted>! So we called the insurer and they said a particular honda dealer would do the work (they do insurance work for this particular company). They collected the car in a week and finished the work in 2 weeks. I'm guessing the large numbers of new drivers in new cars are causing large numbers of accidents and insurance claims (might explain why my premium for my swift is so high). Ask the insurance agent to find you a faster garage. Wish I had done that 3 months ago!

What brand is your car?

a 12 old Volvo, well serviced by the dealer garage all these years. location, north of Bangkok.

Does it need any replacement body/trim parts? i'd be asking repairer how long to get them maybe your dealer doesn't do repairs so they don't have to stock parts especially on a 12 year old.

What brand is your car?

a 12 old Volvo, well serviced by the dealer garage all these years. location, north of Bangkok.

Does it need any replacement body/trim parts? i'd be asking repairer how long to get them maybe your dealer doesn't do repairs so they don't have to stock parts especially on a 12 year old.

I was about to say the same...It think it depends on the work necessary on your car. If they have to order the part from the factory it might take time.

Just FYI, when my Mitsubishi PJS window broke, they ordered the part immediately from Rayong, it arrived in 3 hours and my car was fixed in a day.

However, in the past when my Toyota needed a new front wing and bumper it took 2 weeks for the part to be ready. The installation took another 5 days.

I was about to say the same...It think it depends on the work necessary on your car. If they have to order the part from the factory it might take time.

Just FYI, when my Mitsubishi PJS window broke, they ordered the part immediately from Rayong, it arrived in 3 hours and my car was fixed in a day.

However, in the past when my Toyota needed a new front wing and bumper it took 2 weeks for the part to be ready. The installation took another 5 days.

the garage front desk girl came to us without even checking the condition of the car - then asked us to come back one and a half months.

the required spare parts are all standard items - front head light. then rest are minor body work and fix the plastic bumper. I guess this is a kind of one week repair job, but who actually in front of us ( and HOW ), god knows !

Tell your insurance company they have to cover the cost of a rental till yours is fixed.

And they will simply say 'no'. Won't help the OP any further.

exactly, I don't think I have an insurance package that covers a stand-by option. at least in my home country with very 'civilised' insurance offers, I may need to pay 4x times premium for such stand-by option.

while this is the first crash in Thailand, I suspected, a higher tier high premium insurance package, the choice of garages may be different, also the PRIORITY of the queue may be different ( other than the 'tea' money ).

the garage front desk girl came to us without even checking the condition of the car - then asked us to come back one and a half months.

the required spare parts are all standard items - front head light. then rest are minor body work and fix the plastic bumper. I guess this is a kind of one week repair job, but who actually in front of us ( and HOW ), god knows !

So the car is still drivable.

I had a 3 month repair time on a car that was not drivable anymore. Count your blessings.

22,000 is higher than my premium for the PJS...

I;m guessing it's because new drivers are buying eco cars and thus premiums are relatively higher (higher risk of accidents and claims). I'll use another insurer next year. 22K is almost as much as my civic when I bought that new.