Immi enforcement

RawaiPlaBoyz

I support stricter enforcement of Immigration Laws. I'm tired of these expats who have a lives in their home countries comming here and cheating Immigration rules. How many Farng Kamui are about. I am as watcful of Farang as Thai for a bad deal. Go Home Frang Immi cheats and leave Thailand for us honest folks whom belong here and lead an honest life! I almost forgot, get rid of all dopers..

Chime in on Farang Kamui ripoff artists.... I hope we have more police raids on unlawful and doper run kamui business.

Honest and drug free in Phuket!

I only support Thai businesses.

Once I see a farang is running the show, I go elsewhere.

None are professional and adopt the sabai Thai attitude. I've been cheated twice in Phuket and I won't name and shame any "company" but both times it was a farang run company.

Mostly these companies are in place just for the work permit and scam anyone who falls for their front of a business.

FTR, I'm not talking about restaurants run by farang.

• Like 1

I don't get it.

I have "a life" in my home country. I also have "a life" here.

Are you banging on about overstayers, or farang working without a work permit?

If it's about farang working, I defy any farang to state they have never breached the labour laws here. Anyone who has ever sold some shares, over the internet, is "working."

There are many other examples of some simple things that farang do, that technically, breach Thai labour laws.

• Like 1

The people the OP is talking about, aren’t reading this. They are busy falling off balconies, shooting at each other, or getting stabbed by their GF, and or wife.smile.png

Edited by Shot

Was in Jungceylon last night and an Arab with a French accent asked if I wanted to buy Marijuana.

Wish immigration would do more stringent immigration checks.

Walked along Beach Road - Patong on Saturday afternoon and got asked by 3 seperate, and scruffy looking Thai's, if I wanted drugs.

The first Thai said, "weed." The second Thai said "marijuana" and the third Thai said "marijuana, cocaine."

Looks like a way to supplement their income during the low season. :)

Was in Jungceylon last night and an Arab with a French accent asked if I wanted to buy Marijuana.

Wish immigration would do more stringent immigration checks.

Walked along Beach Road - Patong on Saturday afternoon and got asked by 3 seperate, and scruffy looking Thai's, if I wanted drugs.

The first Thai said, "weed." The second Thai said "marijuana" and the third Thai said "marijuana, cocaine."

Looks like a way to supplement their income during the low season. :)

Tuk tuks drivers dabble in anything.

Drugs, commission based stopovers, ping pong shows and even steal from you.

Anything to separate you from your money.

Edited by hansgruber

Yes I always use Thai run businesses. I find that they are more honest in their dealings as they cant run away to another country if they rip people off

I only use Farang companies when I have to. The worst offenders for rip off by race have always been Indians and Brits in my book

The Burmese I have dealt with have been nothing short of sensational, I was helping a friend with some repairs on a shopfront, their honesty is truly amazing, right down to the last brick

"Indian" and "British" are nationalities, not races. You don't want to be unnecessarily be branded as a racist, do you?

My take is that Phuket is devolving into a sort of entrepot for scumbags and cheats, from all over Thailand and the globe.

Even many Scandinavians get into trouble here; there is a truly cosmopolitan collection of riff-raff, but I don't think any single nationality or race stands out, at least in my own experience.

I wish Immigration would do away with the useless 90-day reporting and redirect the manpower towards investigation.

That won't happen, though, because the 'law-abiding' foreigners are a steady and easy source of revenue, while dealing with some 100,000 illegal Burmese is a major expenditure. It's a lot easier just to sit back and take kickbacks...

For the "if you don't like it here leave" brigade: don't bother, I am already planning my escape.

Yes I always use Thai run businesses. I find that they are more honest in their dealings as they cant run away to another country if they rip people off

I only use Farang companies when I have to. The worst offenders for rip off by race have always been Indians and Brits in my book

The Burmese I have dealt with have been nothing short of sensational, I was helping a friend with some repairs on a shopfront, their honesty is truly amazing, right down to the last brick

• Like 2

"Indian" and "British" are nationalities, not races. You don't want to be unnecessarily be branded as a racist, do you?

My take is that Phuket is devolving into a sort of entrepot for scumbags and cheats, from all over Thailand and the globe.

Even many Scandinavians get into trouble here; there is a truly cosmopolitan collection of riff-raff, but I don't think any single nationality or race stands out, at least in my own experience.

I wish Immigration would do away with the useless 90-day reporting and redirect the manpower towards investigation.

That won't happen, though, because the 'law-abiding' foreigners are a steady and easy source of revenue, while dealing with some 100,000 illegal Burmese is a major expenditure. It's a lot easier just to sit back and take kickbacks...

For the "if you don't like it here leave" brigade: don't bother, I am already planning my escape.

The "if you don't like it here leave brigade" actually make more sense to me than the 'hate and blame Thais for everything but stay here anyway and whinge about it' brigade. whistling.gif

I've also been exploring alternatives to Phuket. As much as I love some things here, its act is getting old and tired now. Time is near to move on methinks...

• Like 2

<snip>

<snip>

I beg to differ.

My take is that Phuket has devolved into a sort of entrepot for scumbags and cheats, from all over Thailand and the globe.

smile.png

I stay out of Patong these days. Idoubt it si like Haight Street in the 60's but still is no good. No Good. I suppose that we whould wish the ha roi baht cops at Ha Yek be shifted to crime suppression etc. S.E. End is still nice but getting way over crowded.....