Car insurance Company and Repair shop BIG problem. Please help !

mbbnyc

Aces, I agree. It does not matter. I only added it to give background and because I knew there would possibly be some who would gravitate towards the unfortunate stereotype.

Thank you for the help. I don't know the insurance company. I can't remember the name. I was told it a few weeks ago and forgot. It was not one I recognized but then again I really only know the foreign insurance companies. I remember she said it was one of the biggest in Thailand. I think her insurance level was probably the minimum allowed by law OR by what the finance company would allow (if it works that way here) as she has a modest salary.

I have a text into her for the name. I am waiting for a reply

Mbbnyc...

Have to remember that unlike the USA, Thailand does not have any Lemon Laws on used cars....

Given this, it seems like 2nd hand car sellers really could care less...

As Lon as it looks good, they can sell it... If it stops running the day after it told out the door, it's not their problem

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Viriya is the Insurance company, Any thoughts ?

Not a Chepo,had Trucks with them for ages,the Plot Thickens.Not sure though your not being told a Thai Version,and somethings being glossed over. .w00t.gif At least you have livened up things from the NO ENGLISH HANDBOOK MOB.giggle.gif

Yes, had an accident while insured with them, took over 3 months to repair. On top of that the repair quality was extremely bad.

The repaired was one chosen by the Viriyah claims adjuster, of course no loan car for 3!! months, car could not be driven in the mean time.

Reason for the long time it took to be repaired is that Viriyah claimed there were no spare parts available, Nissan though told me they were available. It looks like Viriyah did some parallel import to save costs and have me wait a few months longer.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but some part of the situation do not really add up.

OP, you said its Mazda 3, Mazda 3 sells for over 1 million baht with 20% deposit and repayments over 15 000baht /month.

You also stated that GF earns 15 000 per month.- Thats first odd thing.

Second, GF paid 20% deposit and insurance said would cover 80%, how could she be left with another 20%

Third, GF could simply walk away and leave it, finance company would have to take on insurance and GF will get bad credit rating for a few years.

I am not sure if GF is not telling you the full truth, or something else is involved, but something is not right there.

Also keep in mind, insurance pays the insured value, what was the insured value?

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 2

Yes, had an accident while insured with them, took over 3 months to repair. On top of that the repair quality was extremely bad.

The repaired was one chosen by the Viriyah claims adjuster, of course no loan car for 3!! months, car could not be driven in the mean time.

Reason for the long time it took to be repaired is that Viriyah claimed there were no spare parts available, Nissan though told me they were available. It looks like Viriyah did some parallel import to save costs and have me wait a few months longer.

When a Vehicle attains a certain age, six years i think, Viriyah retain the right to repair body damage only,should the Air Con Rad or Engine Parts be damaged a debate ensues,and yes they do find cheaper bits if you Debate n Wait.thumbsup.gif

When a Vehicle attains a certain age, six years i think, Viriyah retain the right to repair body damage only,should the Air Con Rad or Engine Parts be damaged a debate ensues,and yes they do find cheaper bits if you Debate n Wait.thumbsup.gif

Car was 3 months old.

They simply did a very bad job here, both in service and in repair quality. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Well we go to get the car tomorrow (supposedly) and if it's done. We will be driving it to Mazda for a check out. Then we will see.

I just wanted another (and removed from the story) take on it and what to do, If there were any legal recourse options (which there seem to be none and thats fine) Also some ideas for how to dump the sucker.

So with that I will say thanks for all the help fellas and ladies if any.

I will post an update or two after we get the vehicle and let you know how it turned out.