Funniest gift your Thai partner has given you?

Chittychangchang

I got a super $$$ Gucci watch 2 years ago..

Problem is I dot ware watches often.

After the first time out wearing it she noticed small scratch on the wrist band now

when I have tried to ware it again and she has told me I'm not allowed to any more because I am not gentle enough with it.

It remains locked in the safe with all the rest of her jewelry that is too expensive to ware out.......

Last year i was walking past a music shop with the gf. I stopped to look at a fender and said something along the lines of, "wow, i'd really like one of those".

The next week is my birthday and my gf calls me and tells me she has a gift for me. I'm over the moon!

I walk into our room to see her with a big smile holding the ukulele that was sitting next to the guitar in the window. sad.png

Cheap tasteless plastic clock in the design of a golden sailing galleon.

I'm expecting those flying ducks of Hilda Ogdens fire place for Xmas!

• Like 1

The strangest gift I ever got was really one of the best. For my birthday I was told I was buying lunch for a whole elementary school! Sure enough, on that day I went to the school as several hundred children ate a lunch I provided. A member of each class came up and thanked me for the meal. Flor less than a hundred bucks I got a birthday (and a warm feeling) I'll never forget!

Great idea. How is it done?

Hope you get a reply. Sounds like something I would be interested in. And my birthday is coming up!

I've had a bouquet of flowers too bizarre moment that one, a really odd and effeminate loose woven scarf in pink, cream and orange wool with tassels and glass beads integrated into the design. A rough cast plaster moulding of Pocahontas that had been hand-painted (by her) of the type seen at shopping mall stalls for kids. A small display of fake silk flowers glued into a clay pot.

Good stuff: Silk ties (really good quality not the three for 100 Baht stuff) causal shirts all pretty good even the fake label ones, still wearing them after many years.

All the above from Ex-girlfriends (of one type or another).

I told my wife long ago never to buy me gifts, I have more things that I'll ever need on this earth and she is more than enough of a gift. wub.png

• Like 1

Last year i was walking past a music shop with the gf. I stopped to look at a fender and said something along the lines of, "wow, i'd really like one of those".

The next week is my birthday and my gf calls me and tells me she has a gift for me. I'm over the moon!

I walk into our room to see her with a big smile holding the ukulele that was sitting next to the guitar in the window. :(

You have my vote. I love it!!

My wife and daughter made a special trip to Bangkok, then stood in line for an hour for a large box of Krispy Kreme donuts. Went down well with the pizza and the red for my 60th. Dunkin and Mr Donut are such a disappointment now.

And I'll always remember the effort they went to.

Boxer shorts two sizes to small is another favorite.w00t.gif

I think she's trying to tell me somethingsad.png

CCC

I can't complain then. She saw boxers that were "my size" and bought them. Bless her heart. They were XXXL or something, and she could have joined me in them with room to spare. She meant well and was aware that I the L sized boxers I buy end up being S size after a wash. The most embarrassing gift though has to be a pink tie. Seriously? Pink? I know Thai guys can wear pink and feminine colours and get away with it, but a pink tie was just too much. Making matters worse it was too short. It was short like this

short_tie.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...