Inexpenive lawyers to deal with denial of child visitation rights

Samulator

I'm being denied visitation rights to my daughter after almost 5 years of sending child support averaging 10,000B per month. Suddenly my ex is excelling herself with a redicovered sense of vindictiveness and I'd like to find a lawyer who charges reasonable fees to obtain legal recognition that she's in breech of our divorce agreement. It's been 3 months since I've been allowed to see my daughter.A popular law firm adverising on here reckons about 100,000B and maybe ++. It's out of my range since my salary is low and the child support I send takes a huge chunk out of it. Anybody know any 'human' lawyers? All I want to do is see my d aughter once a week!

A good lawyers depends on where you are.

All over the world there are problems with ebforcement of visitation rights and Thailand is not different. It is a though battle. But if she wants to change the agreement, so can you regarding child support. Although that is a seperate issue, as it is for the child. Judges don't accept that you don't pay child support because you are not allowed to visit the child. But the ammount for child support in Thailand is normally set bewteen 3,000 and 6,000 baht plus sharing of educaitonal and medical cost on equal basis.

Thanks for that (both). If I stop sending money then I'm also in breech of the divorce agreement, although it would appear that I can send less :) I'm not very well off, but I love my daughter and just wondered if there's any legal help I can that doesn't cost the earth and doesn't just simply line the pockets of lawyers who aren't at all interested in the outcome...

Thanks for that (both). If I stop sending money then I'm also in breech of the divorce agreement, although it would appear that I can send less smile.png I'm not very well off, but I love my daughter and just wondered if there's any legal help I can that doesn't cost the earth and doesn't just simply line the pockets of lawyers who aren't at all interested in the outcome...

Most Thai ladies become much more open to discussion AFTER you stop sending them money.

If you behave like a doormat, you will be walked on.

As mario suggests, you want to keep it legal, reduce amount to 3,000bht/month.

Or only hand money over after each child visit.

Unless you are working in Thailand (with work permit) any payments can't be enforced by the Thai courts.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Thanks for all the replies; all very enlightening. I am living and working in Thailand with work permit and teacher's license, but the question is not whether I'm a doormat or not, it's "Does anybody know a cheap lawyer?"

Thanks for all the replies; all very enlightening. I am living and working in Thailand with work permit and teacher's license, but the question is not whether I'm a doormat or not, it's "Does anybody know a cheap lawyer?"

Again, where? Thailand is a big place. A lawyer in Bangkok might not be a good idea if you are living in Chiang Mai for example.

Thanks for that (both). If I stop sending money then I'm also in breech of the divorce agreement, although it would appear that I can send less Posted Image I'm not very well off, but I love my daughter and just wondered if there's any legal help I can that doesn't cost the earth and doesn't just simply line the pockets of lawyers who aren't at all interested in the outcome...

Most Thai ladies become much more open to discussion AFTER you stop sending them money.

If you behave like a doormat, you will be walked on.

As mario suggests, you want to keep it legal, reduce amount to 3,000bht/month.

Or only hand money over after each child visit.

Another option is to tell her you will only give her money in cash at the time of visitation...

Once a week = 2,500 thb per visit

Otherwise you will only send her 3,000 in accordance with Thai law and then you will also be contacting a lawyer to try and sue for custody

Tell her it is completely up to her how it will proceed

Let her decide ... But guessing if she actually needs your 10 k, she will let you see your kid again

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app