Shared International Web Hosting

whooliggen

Hey All,

Quick question: I've got a small work-related website that's hosted in Singapore, but I'm looking for a company that I can jointly host my site on a European server (preferably UK) along with an Asian server (preferably Singapore). Not looking to pay a fortune either...

Any ideas?

Cheers,

W. ph34r.png

EuroVPS has a good shared hosting plan for small sites - plus they have a good reputation.

This one looks good too. Cheers.

Just out of interest: do you have personal experience with them or have you heard/been recommended that they're good?

Assuming you are after linux based servers not windows (PHP etc not ASP) then I could help.

I run servers in Singapore, Sydney, Ireland, London and California.

I presume that you are looking for a geolocational and fully redundant system....

Do you have geolocating DNS sorted out yet to direct users to their closest server?

I can answer general questions here but if you want prices or company details send me a private message.

We're looking at Amazon but hadn't seen cloudflare. Nice one. Thanks.

As for the SSL biznizz, when a visitor wants to purchase an item on our site, they are taken to the PayPal login in page. Would this still be OK for us to use cloudflare then? Sorry if it's a banal question, but the tech side of the web has never really been my ball game...

Looks like cloudflare is not accepting new free accounts from Thailand IP's wink.png

That's a bummer as their offering looks real interesting. Do they do this every now and then or is the first time they are not accepting Thai accounts as far as you know?

Looks like cloudflare is not accepting new free accounts from Thailand IP's wink.png

That's a bummer as their offering looks real interesting. Do they do this every now and then or is the first time they are not accepting Thai accounts as far as you know?

Dunno - I just tried to create an account and it refused the connection of the signup page when I use DTAC isp

As for the SSL biznizz, when a visitor wants to purchase an item on our site, they are taken to the PayPal login in page. Would this still be OK for us to use cloudflare then? Sorry if it's a banal question, but the tech side of the web has never really been my ball game...

Yes. As your site/shopping cart would just use a paypal api to confirm payment etc which doesnt require an ssl cert. These days tho, how happy will your customers be entering logins, creating accounts etc if SSL isnt used on your site?

Yes. As your site/shopping cart would just use a paypal api to confirm payment etc which doesnt require an ssl cert. These days tho, how happy will your customers be entering logins, creating accounts etc if SSL isnt used on your site?

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but I think the fact that the actual fiscal transaction goes ahead on PayPal, that seems to fill buyers with the confidence they need. Also our target market is girls from 18-25 and I'm not sure that they're savvy enough to embroil themselves looking out for SSL adoption in our site. I could be wrong, but 1 year in, nobody has mentioned the lack of it has deterred them from purchasing. I know for banks and many other types of online businesses it is essential, but do you think it's a must if we're selling $10 t-shirts?

Cheers for all your help & opinions...