Can you raise the height/handlebars of a Honda Sonic?

MrHammer

In a previous thread I asked advice on which beginners motard to buy. Seems like a used D-tracker is the best bet, but out of my budget right now, so I think I shall be looking for a Honda Sonic instead. Seems like there are plenty around at the same price or cheaper than an Airblade or Nuevo. They're also quite a good deal faster and could be good training yes?

Anyway, the Sonic is too low for me and my height to ride comfortably. Is it possible to raise the entire body or at least the handlebars?

most sonics and cbr 150's come with the clipons/bars about a half inch from the top, you can raise it till its flush with the top of the forks.

You can also pivot them inwards or outwards a bit. If you pivot them the notch on the bottom of the clipons/handlebars will have to be ground off as it will hit the triple clamps. I ground mine off and they stay with no problems (cbr 150). If you pivot them outwards too much, it will turn too quickly and not handle well.

EDIT: nevermind, if you raise them the notches will clear.

Maybe look into a KLX 140 if youre thinking of a sonic.

Edited by KRS1

most sonics and cbr 150's come with the clipons/bars about a half inch from the top, you can raise it till its flush with the top of the forks.

You can also pivot them inwards or outwards a bit. If you pivot them the notch on the bottom of the clipons/handlebars will have to be ground off as it will hit the triple clamps. I ground mine off and they stay with no problems (cbr 150). If you pivot them outwards too much, it will turn too quickly and not handle well.

I am just trying to figure out if it will be big enough for 185 and close to 100 kg (that will go down :D)

And a KLX 140 I googled, but looks like a dirt bike?

I am just trying to figure out if it will be big enough for 185 and close to 100 kg (that will go down biggrin.png)

And a KLX 140 I googled, but looks like a dirt bike?

whoops, meant the KLX 150 (always get confused with the KLX line) or Dtracker 125

But, your kinda big man...

Maybe look into a NSR 150 or KRR150, they run about 15k-25k used. Or the good ol' CBR 150.

Edited by KRS1

I'd say at your height and weight, a sonic is way too small for you. If money is an issue then get a second hand new model(or old) CBR150. It's the same size the CBR250 and will perform much much better than any sonic, KLX150 or D tracker.

I'd say at your height and weight, a sonic is way too small for you. If money is an issue then get a second hand new model(or old) CBR150. It's the same size the CBR250 and will perform much much better than any sonic, KLX150 or D tracker.

I dont want a sportsbike looking one though. I want a motard bike if I can afford it.