Passport Renewals

I notice many places do passport renewals, so that the holder doesn't have to go to the Embassy in Bangkok. Most seem to do only British. Is there any business in Pattaya that can do this for an Australian passport holder?Many thanks.

I just don't want to have to go to BKK unless I really have to.

I am not Australian but as I had some spare time I checked the Australian Embassy Bangkok website.

You have to apply in person at either

1. Embassy in Bangkok or

2. Austrailian Consulate in Phuket ( who will send it to Bangkok)

I am not aware of private services who handle this matter but imagine that there might be some.The process and requirements for passport renewals vary by country. Renewals are often done by consulates. Check consulates (honorary and official) depending upon your country.

Transfers of Thai visa stamps from an expired passport to a new one is, of ours, a step taken with Thai Immigration. As far as I know, this is a normal procedure with application forms available at Immigration offices and (I believe ) on line for the Bangkok office. Since it is a "universal form," as far as I can see, it is useful at any office, only modifying the addressee.

Edited by Mapguy

I am not Australian but as I had some spare time I checked the Australian Embassy Bangkok website.

You have to apply in person at either

1. Embassy in Bangkok or

2. Austrailian Consulate in Phuket ( who will send it to Bangkok)

Yes,I went with an Australian guy,to the Embassy in BKK.I think it was about 10 days until he got it in the mail

I am not aware of private services who handle this matter but imagine that there might be some.The process and requirements for passport renewals vary by country. Renewals are often done by consulates. Check consulates (honorary and official) depending upon your country.

Transfers of Thai visa stamps from an expired passport to a new one is, of ours, a step taken with Thai Immigration. As far as I know, this is a normal procedure with application forms available at Immigration offices and (I believe ) on line for the Bangkok office. Since it is a "universal form," as far as I can see, it is useful at any office, only modifying the addressee.

The OP asked would he have to go to BangKok - Yes he will ( or Phuket for onward mail)