10-year-old girl gives birth in Nakhon Panom

webfact

10-year-old girl gives birth in Nakhon Panom

NAKHON PANOM, 27 June 2013 (NNT) - A 10-year-old girl has given birth in Nakhon Panom province, making her one of the youngest mothers in the country.

Teachers at a school in the province disclosed that a 10-year-old became pregnant and delivered a baby at Ban Pang Hospital. According to Health professionals, the average age girls begin menstruating is about 12, but that the number keeps dropping. Generally, as ovulation precedes menstruation, girls can become pregnant before having a period.

Extremely young mothers have a higher risk of pregnancy-induced high blood pressure known as pre-eclampsia, and their babies are at risk of fetal growth restriction.

A local body responsible for the youth health promotion drive said premature pregnancy is the second health risk in the 12-15 age group, after drug abuse.

Thailand’s Reproduction Health Development Committee yesterday said it was considering allowing people to use morning-after pills in a bid to prevent unprepared pregnancy.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-06-27 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless her parents make a complaint, no investigation will be made.

Are you suggesting statutory rape and being a pedophile are not criminal acts? I am sure they are and therefore the BIB should not require any complaint from anyone to investigate and subsequently charge the offender.

• Like 2

Are you suggesting statutory rape and being a pedophile are not criminal acts? I am sure they are and therefore the BIB should not require any complaint from anyone to investigate and subsequently charge the offender.

Really...being a pedophile is a criminal act? Are you sure you're sure on that? lol

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1

making her one of the youngest mothers in the country.

Please don't tell me there is a younger one somewhere?

(age 9, Phetchabun.Thailand)

Not that long ago in the month of February 2001 Wanwisa Janmuk became youngest Asian mother. World’s forth youngest mother was married to a 26 year old man; by the time of birth mother and father were nine and twenty seven year old respectively.

Blindloop

• Like 1

(age 9, Phetchabun.Thailand)

Not that long ago in the month of February 2001 Wanwisa Janmuk became youngest Asian mother. World’s forth youngest mother was married to a 26 year old man; by the time of birth mother and father were nine and twenty seven year old respectively.

Blindloop

I had hoped that the headline was a euphemistic way of making the whole story sound a bit softer. Hey, she's 10, but you know we have lots of 11 year olds. But no, a 9 year old, beats her to it....

AnotherOneAmerican, on 27 Jun 2013 - 15:49, said:snapback.png

A lot of the time the fathers come from the family.

Money will change hands and some officials (may) take there tea money. Even some monks will show up and .... :-((

Saw this a few times already!!!

This is a criminal act and there is a law in Thailand. But TiT. About it looks, that the involved are Thais, nothing will be done!!

Responsible for things like this are peoples like this in power now.

They let raid clinics, who may like to help young girls.

Doctors are not allowed to give medicines anymore. They are afraid Mr. C. (?) has tomorrow a new idea, how he can put down an other small grope.

Edited by Somrak

There have been many. The youngest was 5. She conceived at 4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youngest_birth_mothers

Reading that however, that was in 1939. It would appear that this is one of the youngest births in the last few years.

Where is Yingluck with her women's rights?

• Like 1

Wasn't there two 9 year olds pregnancies reported in the news a couple of years back (two in the same month - different provinces) - never heard any more, so maybe they miscarried (illegal abortion?).

Yes, as ThaiAtHeart suggested - PM runs the woman's rights group here, it would only take a word and tea money or no, they'd be an arrest.

Really...being a pedophile is a criminal act? Are you sure you're sure on that? lol

If you define "being a pedophile" as one who has committed acts of pedophilia, then most certainly. If you are inferring that one can "be" a pedophile without having (yet) committed those acts, then you may have a semantic argument, but only a thin semantic one.

The argument would be similar to the man who was arrested for burglary under the statutory provision that possession of burglary tools constitutes intent and guilt under the law. The defendant told the police that under that logic, they may as well arrest him for rape, too.

Pedophiles are special kinds of criminals, not just against the laws of the land, but against all things. It is my opinion that pedophiles should have a special system of justice to deal with them swiftly and finally.

Thai law is complaint driven, they don't chase unless someone requests.

Just sick and wrong!

Agreed, and that it happens elsewhere in the world doesn't make it any less so. Money will cross palms and it'll go under the rug. Shame we don't have a Mount Doom to drop perps in.

Are you suggesting statutory rape and being a pedophile are not criminal acts?

Sorry, being a pedophile alone is no criminal act. We all, who are free from such strange feelings, we should be happy.

It is good, that Thailand sees, that protect at least some of the weak (children), would help there image. But as always, Thailand does not understand.

No mention of the father? Statutory rape charge? No pedophile charged? Are the BIB even asking any Q's?

Usually this is the father / brother / uncle / neigbour / family friend, could be a boyfriend as well but I don't think so.

Most girls from the province who go work in a bar already were deflowered by a family member....

Most girls from the province who go work in a bar already were deflowered by a family member....

I'll go ahead and be the first: by what means did you come by that remarkable fact?

I

Been a Thailand nightlife professional for two decades therefor pretty well informed. And it's not that remarkable more a part of the province 'culture', most Thais know about this.

Did you know there were several child brothels in Chiangmai until 1996, (hidden in the earth wall, Kampengdin Road etc.) when they were finally all cleaned up forever.