reliable shop for big bike service in Chiang Mai

DrAzTiK

Hello,

I have some minor things to fix on my bike (RkV200) : change oil, untighten and grease chain, check carburetor.

Can you advice me a service big bike shop in Chiang Mai with serious and competent bike mechanics.. Being to the shop where I have purchased my bike, thai mechanics are inexperienced and stupid :

- they have changed the oil quickly without putting a new oil filter and they didn't wait more than 2 minutes that all the old oil drop off

- they have tighten the chain like hell (very dangerous for the bike and for me).

- washed my bike with Hight pressure water at low distance from the bike and without really take care of engine or weak parts of the bike.

It 's almost unbelievable O_o.

Where can I find a decent shop for repair my bike in Chiang Mai? I wanted to go at Joe's bike team shop but he has moved to another area and he dosen't provide services before 1 or 2 weeks. (maybe more)

I am really hungry about these thai mechanics who cannot change oil, wash a bike and lube/fix chain correctly.. What can they do if they are incapable to fix basics...

Edited by DrAzTiK

Going from the airport to the city on Mahidol road. On the west side of the road just past Chiang Mai construction and Micro music. If you see the post office you have gone by it. This guy is very popular often see Harleys and large Hondas there. He speaks English. He appears to be open from 10am until 10pm

Going from the airport to the city on Mahidol road. On the west side of the road just past Chiang Mai construction and Micro music. If you see the post office you have gone by it. This guy is very popular often see Harleys and large Hondas there. He speaks English. He appears to be open from 10am until 10pm

That is Sa 081 8238361,

Never seen that one.

Is that opposite Pipat?

Anyway very popular is Pipat

Go from SW corner of moat towards airport plaza. Past the oranges on the left (east) side, probably the half way on the straight road, is a long row of shophouses. On the corner of a soi is his shop, I think it it shows some yellow. Thiank just before the soi thay sell push bikes.

Excellent English, bit pricey but reliable if a bit popular.

Pipat 0816414496

i just did a google search on your bike. It's less than 200 cc. I would guess any roadside fixit shop could do the simple things you ask

As I said before many thai mechanics are not reliable even for just fix basics, that's why I made this post...

THank you guys, I will check it out about theses shops ASAP

I wish there was a Thai bike shop that could even properly fix a REGULAR bike

Rather than just bash Thai mechanics as a whole i though i would offer a constructive answer .The big Honda shop on Nawarat road ,seem to have good mechanics at a very reasonable price .Going out from the City its on the right well before McCormac Hospital .

Edited by anto

Never seen that one.

Is that opposite Pipat?

Anyway very popular is Pipat

Go from SW corner of moat towards airport plaza. Past the oranges on the left (east) side, probably the half way on the straight road, is a long row of shophouses. On the corner of a soi is his shop, I think it it shows some yellow. Thiank just before the soi thay sell push bikes.

Excellent English, bit pricey but reliable if a bit popular.

Pipat 0816414496

The one I am talking about is directly across the street from the orange sellers.

Rather than just bash Thai mechanics as a whole

I don't know where YOU have been, but the reputation is fully earned and well deserved. I wonder how many people these incompetent <deleted> kill every year. There is no excuse for it -- especially at the dealers, where one would reasonably expect "factory trained" mechanic and a tool set that had something more that a screwdriver, hammer and pliers. I do my own work, thank you very much.