Thailand's Transport Minister gets taste of Bangkok public bus

webfact

IN Channel is reporting that he was supposedly trying to get to Swampy by public transport but was FORCED to call for his official car otherwise he was going to be late.

Nice to have a fallback position as the rest of us have to leave very early for a flight and sit in the bus or taxi with fingers croseed if the traffic is heavy.

So why didn't he use the Skytrain/ airport train. No traffic jams and he could have got on at Victory Monument.

Perhaps it was more to do with being forced to rub shoulders with the common manwhistling.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least he appears to be trying to do something right. Good for him.

This is a good man. I've been to his house, been out to dinner with him. He's western educated, forward thinking and is sincere in trying to make Thailand a better place. And he's not a politician. He was appointed to the position after working many years in the government transport sector, including the Airports of Thailand.

I'm SO glad to see someone share a human side on a Thai government official here. Thanks! So many TV posters who look at the glass half full here. I applaud the guy as well.

My mother twice told me...., "if you can't say something nice...., shut your mouth..., before I slap a bar of soap in it". It had minimal impact on first run. Second occasion...., having not taken full heed to her words...., made a lasting impression.

My parents encouraged me to have a mind of my own and to hold opinions. They reminded me that a lot of men died to give me the freedom to express any view that I might foster.

The truth is often ugly and painful. Deal with it, particularly if you are Thai.

Gets a taste of....

Don't tell me he licked the handrail.

Was the bus packed? Was he groped?

sorry you're out of luck. this is thailand. not going to happen even on the most packed buses.

Your mileage may vary. wink.png

The missus and two of her sisters have all been groped on Bangkok buses.

I've witnessed other incidents myself.

It may be more subtle than what your used to and less discernible to observe, but it is absolutely present.

Such is human nature, there's no exclusion here.

think back more now on this i have clearly made a wrong assumption here. i was assuming we were talking about people over twelve.