Which gold stock to buy now?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apparently you have already made your choices, what are you waiting for - confirmation?

Yes confirmation of these stocks would have been constructive and reassuring.

Waiting for - good question, when I posted this thread I deliberately chose the past perfect verb - had to.

As you have introduced the present tense - waiting, perhaps waiting for you to give your official confirmation of when is the right time to buy.

Maybe you have the ability to call the bottom of this market.

In the last five years the maximum you could have made on the metal itself was 170% profit.

Whereas for the best performing gold stock you could have made 15,900% profit.

With this kind of differential I feel that there is at least an argument for looking at gold mining stocks, as opposed to the metal itself.

Timing is of course crucial.

apparently you have already made your choices, what are you waiting for - confirmation?

Waiting for - good question, when I posted this thread I deliberately chose the past perfect verb - had to.

As you have introduced the present tense - waiting, perhaps waiting for you to give your official confirmation of when is the right time to buy.

In the last five years the maximum you could have made on the metal itself was 170% profit.

With this kind of differential I feel that there is at least an argument for looking at gold mining stocks, as opposed to the metal itself.

As Steve Santelli said on CNBC this week timing is everything for the traders.

with hindsight we would all be loaded, and far too busy spending our fortunes to post on here. Gimmie another 5 years and I will tell you what you should have looked at.

• Like 2

Gold prices have a sure fire battle at $1000. Why the heck buy now?

I guess some people like to sweat profusely while holding on to an underwater position.

with the appropriate shorts one could make a fistful of millions. so tell us your procedure how to profit from the "sure fire battle at $1000". we would also like to be rich.

• Like 2

I agree, I think that for gold to hit or go below $1,000 dollars will be one hell of a milestone.
A huge physiological barrier for it to break through in this present climate, of so much debt throughout the world.
If it does I think it will grab every financial head line in the land.
"Sure fire battle at $1000" a possibility, at worst it could be some kind of resistance level.
By this stage gold stocks could be going for a song.

I guess some people like to sweat profusely while holding on to an underwater position.

with the appropriate shorts one could make a fistful of millions. so tell us your procedure how to profit from the "sure fire battle at $1000". we would also like to be rich.

I didn't write a novel. Try to concentrate during my verbose two sentences will you please.

I didn't say profit around $1000. I said why buy now when 1000 challenge looks so likely?.

Check out the monthly XAU chart and the 200 day EMA.

I didn't write a novel. Try to concentrate during my verbose two sentences will you please.

I didn't say profit around $1000. I said why buy now when 1000 challenge looks so likely?.

-you seem to have a handicap when it concerns English

-i will therefore use simple sentences

@ 14.28 hours

-you mentioned "battle at $1000"

-that indicates gold will fall to $1k/ounce

-if that is the case

-you must have shorted gold to profit from the fall you expect

-i asked "please tell us how you shorted gold..."

@ 16.41 hours

-you come up with

-mentioning nonsens such as "i didn't say profit..."

-wrongly insinuating that i said something like this

-and then you substitute the "battle at 1000"

-with a lame "when 1000 challenge looks so likely?"

i rest my case and refuse to check the 200 day Enema smile.png

i hate Enemas laugh.png

• Like 1

-you seem to have a handicap when it concerns English

-i will therefore use simple sentences

@ 14.28 hours

-you mentioned "battle at $1000"

-that indicates gold will fall to $1k/ounce

-if that is the case

-you must have shorted gold to profit from the fall you expect

-i asked "please tell us how you shorted gold..."

@ 16.41 hours

-you come up with

-mentioning nonsens such as "i didn't say profit..."

-wrongly insinuating that i said something like this

-and then you substitute the "battle at 1000"

-with a lame "when 1000 challenge looks so likely?"

i rest my case and refuse to check the 200 day Enema smile.png

i hate Enemas laugh.png

Do you actually trade?

You diss moving averages and waiting to take positions near a highly significant inflection levels?

I guess I feel sorry for you and your behavior on this board.

No one is trying to insult a losing position you might be holding and hoping for.

Try to grow as a human being and develop some virtues. It will benefit everyone around you.

Let me explain to people actually wanting to learn how to trade successfully and not just start petty arguments.

When one pulls the trigger to get into a trade they should have a firm idea of a level to indicate when they are wrong and need to get out of the trade.

If I went long gold at say 1050 then I might be looking for a close below 950 and or a rejection of resistance around 1000.

So about 100 pips is my exposure to loss.

If I was to go long at 1200 then when would I consider myself wrong?

If the answer is below 1000 and lets say 950 then my exposure is a whopping 250 pips. Is there a level above 1000 that would prove a trader with a long gold position wrong? Think about it.

Julian Phillips: Some of the well-financed, capable juniors will recover tremendously. That’s why George Soros bought $225 million in derivatives in them. We see this current gold price (or lower still) as a temporary opportunity.

i would wait (if you can) for gold to breach 1100 dollars - or short it now - and buy it again on the way up. Timing is everything and some of the OZ mines have returned 5 or 6 % in a day - but timing is everything. I favour MML.ax however the Philippine Gov just announced a tax but this should be an issue as their costs are so low. Surprised they havent been taken over yet. TRY.ax is another one where you can pick up a quick trade.

Understand that the mining co's are spending more and recovering less gold and so the old supply and demand kicks in. Demand will push the price back up. Throw in the World is in chaos and is on life support - (just watch the news). Also the Bernanke is running out of new QE, twists and tapering - in fact hes just treading water until he retires.

Its difficult to post here as one is continually attacked by some so, DYOR and dont listen to the macho's on this forum or the posters that dress up as women.

• Like 1

One of my guys, Larry Edelson, says the floor should be around 1050 very lowest and maybe around 1150. He says hold off on the juniors until the rise commences. He has a pretty good record. It's darn confusing to me. You can look him up and get most of his opinions free. Saved me pretty big, I lost alot in the big drop a couple months ago but stayed out since then saving me quite a bit. I think yesterdays bump was a dead cat bounce. Any big drop below 1100 I'm gonna come back in.

Reality people. It's going to probe the 1000 level at least once and maybe 2-3 times

These big psyche levels are drawing traders like magnets to iron.

Traders are going to probe it to take out as many stops as possible. Really expect stop hunters to probe the mid to high 900's.

I will expect a vigorous rally off 1k but no idea if it persists...

Just watch the market and roll with the punches. The larger(dominant) trend is definitely down.

At this point in the Game Gold is more of a speculative Gamble than $RAYS on the US OTCBB Market smile.png Up 15% Friday$

It is higly speculative because I do not know of any other commodity with a so deep socially perceived value across all cultures and countries, but very low industrial purpose.

One of my guys, Larry Edelson, says the floor should be around 1050 very lowest and maybe around 1150. He says hold off on the juniors until the rise commences. He has a pretty good record. It's darn confusing to me. You can look him up and get most of his opinions free. Saved me pretty big, I lost alot in the big drop a couple months ago but stayed out since then saving me quite a bit. I think yesterdays bump was a dead cat bounce. Any big drop below 1100 I'm gonna come back in.

one of your guysbiggrin.png

The floor is at 0.

Again it is about timing and not time. Expectancy. Essential to not betting the farm on a deal where surely everything changes after your entry, depending on what others are doing - actionreaction.

And in case your floor is hit then get up again - in the same field or change it (trading or whatever).

Before you bet make sure that the only one who might get hurt is yourself.

And it's a game, a skill, an art and a gift. Cocktail

This is not financial advisory but common sense so think about it deeply before you engage.

At this point in the Game Gold is more of a speculative Gamble than $RAYS on the US OTCBB Market smile.png Up 15% Friday$

It is higly speculative because I do not know of any other commodity with a so deep socially perceived value across all cultures and countries, but very low industrial purpose.

Or so few calories.

Gold will go to $2,000 an ounce.

- Predicted by someone on March 1, 2000.

Gold will soon rocket to $3,000 an ounce.

- Predicted by some people early in 2013.

Gold will never go below $1,000 an ounce.

- Predicted by many today.

Gold is low in saturated fat and calories.

- Stated by me today.

• Like 1

Yup, I remember someone telling me this in 2008.

Actually gold will have trouble at 1100 and again at 1200, they are psychological not technical barriers but are important. China is hurting; nothing in the Euroland has been fixed and inflation is non-existent (that is America's viewpoint but I think America only looks at the cost of Ostrich feather dusters, and have long dropped such mundane things as fuel and food) so one might assume that the world will go in the direction of deflation and if so (or if the herd believes (or is led to believe) gold could drop all the way to $700, though I'll admit, at some point it'll rise back up and eventually I like gold because, simply, it is honest. Our currency has long ceased to be honest and this is so in all countries, Canada's nickels (5 cent piece, or 1/20 dollar) now stick to magnets. So too with 10 peso coins from the Philippines--the old ones did not, the new ones do as they are nickel plated steel.

Still, I for one think the question is valid and not bait so I'll not answer it a different way because though I'm famliar with Sandstorm (both Sandstorm metals and Sandstorm gold) I'm not particularly familiar with the others. I stopped following Sandstorm(a) a while ago but cannot remember why.

Last week I bought:

Endeavour mining @$0.44 Canadian

Carpathian gold CPN.T @ $0.16 C

Atac (ATC.V) at (I can't remember)

PLG.V (Pilot gold) @ $0.70C

I have orders in for REN.V (Rennaisance) but my bid was not taken.

I expect prices to fall to new lows sometime in July, time will tell if I'm right or not and clearly if I was so sure I would not have purchased the above. It's a strange market, buyer beware and not for the faint of heart.

I particularly like Oceana and like PMI, who refused a buy-out by what is now Asanko back in January. Both of the later (not Oceana) are in Ghana and I like Ghana and have done well there with some company that was bought out by Liongold (A78) Singapore and offered me a triple though I have sold A78. Asanko has over 100mm (million) PMI and Asanko would have been good bed-partners. PMI has good property but needs a whopping amount to open the mine. Frankly I cannot help but wonder if it is like it was near the end of '08 to March of '09. We aren't near a top so we are someplace down near the bottom of the V but how near, nobody knows. The big question is, if hard times and a low gold price continues many small time companies will die. Just keeping the office open costs over a million a year even if you idle everything and everyone.

Best of luck. My eventual prediction: Gold will go beyond $4k ounce...but the questios is "when?"

CobraSnakeNecktie

Do you actually trade?

You diss moving averages and waiting to take positions near a highly significant inflection levels?

I guess I feel sorry for you and your behavior on this board.

No one is trying to insult a losing position you might be holding and hoping for.

Try to grow as a human being and develop some virtues. It will benefit everyone around you.

it's always the same. when people are cornered and their inferiority complexes prevent them to admit they have made a mistake, they try to divert by getting personal, insinuate they know the financial position of a person and adding completely irrelevant bla-bla.

best of the day:

Try to grow as a human being and develop some virtues.

post-35218-0-40573100-1372551225.gif

• Like 1

The floor is at 0.

You may hate the metal, but the floor is not 0, far from that.

I have contracts with the goid mining industry in North America and I'm told that they need a price of at least $1,300 to keep the operation reasoanly profitable. Other areas may have different cost, but do not think that they are too much different. If the price falls below a certain level for extened perios of time, extraction slows down, offer is reduced, prices bounce. And as long most cemtral banks keep gold reserves (oh yes they do), gold will have value. The world is on the look to replace the USD with another global trading "currency", as it happens it has not found it yet.

The floor is at 0.

I have contracts with the goid mining industry in North America and I'm told that they need a price of at least $1,300 to keep the operation reasoanly profitable. Other areas may have different cost, but do not think that they are too much different. If the price falls below a certain level for extened perios of time, extraction slows down, offer is reduced, prices bounce. And as long most cemtral banks keep gold reserves (oh yes they do), gold will have value. The world is on the look to replace the USD with another global trading "currency", as it happens it has not found it yet.

Clearly, you know a al ot more than me about Gold. I do know one thing though. I've never seen a market bottom on a Friday. For whatever that's worth.

The floor is at 0.

I don't hate the metals. When you just cut out a phrase from a text and then try to interprete what stands behind the message you are missing the context.

I have my opinions but they are seperated from my actions more often than not. And my opinions count as much as yours.

• Like 1

I agree, I think that for gold to hit or go below $1,000 dollars will be one hell of a milestone.

A huge physiological barrier for it to break through in this present climate, of so much debt throughout the world.

If it does I think it will grab every financial head line in the land.

"Sure fire battle at $1000" a possibility, at worst it could be some kind of resistance level.

By this stage gold stocks could be going for a song.

A friend of mine has invested half his assets buying gold coins. He thinks gold is a bargain AT ANY PRICE. I asked him recently what he thought about gold's fall from its lofty heights and his reply was "it's an outstanding buying opportunity".

if you take out the gold word and look at this as any other product you have:

rising costs to get ore out of the ground

rising machine costs and maintenance

rising labour costs

government tax

lower gold yielding ore

rising water costs

rising electricity costs

rising environmental compliance costs

high demand for the physical product

start up costs of new sources and mines increasing

IPO's for new mines - shelved, mothballed, postponed

now add the gold word back in and you will see that at 1300 dollars to produce an ounce many mines will not be able to keep the doors open and will get swallowed up by the biggies. Consolidation is whats happening here.

When everyone realises that the cupboard is bare there will be a sharp upward correction.