Which gold stock to buy now?

Many goldminers have a production price of 800-900 $ per ounce. blink.png Be careful buying gold now.

Total costs are sitting at $1,600/oz for the 13 biggest companies, which has been our universe for the last 13 years. Over the last two to three years, we have seen total costs rise an average of 15–17%. At a gold price of $1,600/oz, the industry does not produce a single Dollar of free cash flow. If we take a cost inflation of only 10%/year, we will need a gold price over $2,000/oz to maintain production.

http://goldnews.bullionvault.com/gold-mining-all-in-costs-031220132

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many goldminers have a production price of 800-900 $ per ounce. blink.png Be careful buying gold now.

Total costs are sitting at $1,600/oz for the 13 biggest companies, which has been our universe for the last 13 years. Over the last two to three years, we have seen total costs rise an average of 15–17%. At a gold price of $1,600/oz, the industry does not produce a single Dollar of free cash flow. If we take a cost inflation of only 10%/year, we will need a gold price over $2,000/oz to maintain production.

Website for the flogging of gold bullion. Ignore.

you guys have no substance

only your opinions

test yourself

go and buy 1 kilo of physical gold and see how long delivery takes

then stick you opinion where it belongs

it takes 60 seconds weighing 3 bars each 20 Baht plus 1 bar of 5 Baht and perhaps another 2 minutes placing the bars in a nice little box while another shop assistant is using the machine to count the 11 bundles each THB 100k (plus some change). that might take an additional 2-3 minutes.

total delivery time since entering the shop max 10 minutes if no other customer ahead.

note: i am talking of "my" goldshop located in Pattaya Klang and not about the shop with the empty shelves in Nakhon Wetdream, Confusedbury Province you are referring to.

advice: try and sell your fairy tales to people who possess a wealth of no idea as far as gold purchases are concerned and stop ridiculing yourself.

and when was the last time you did that?

Website for the flogging of gold bullion. Ignore.

reasons why gold will rally

Before the Greek crisis flared up, debt-to-GDP in Greece stood at 113 percent. Today, even after all the write-offs, Greece's debt-to-GDP is a whopping 157 percent.

In Spain, pre-crisis debt stood at 40 percent of GDP. Today it's 84 percent.

In Italy, it was 106 percent. Now it's 127 percent.

In France, it was 68 percent. Now it's 90 percent.

Even Germany's debt-to-GDP is worsening, leaping from almost 67 percent in 2008 to 82 percent today.

i get it now

you were buying Thai Gold

where i was referring to 99.99% hallmarked gold -

so i guess lost in translation

i should have been more precise knowing that English is your second language

sorry for that.

in case you are referring to me... let's be very precise wink.png

-English is my third language,

-whatever physical gold we hold is 50% (Thai) 965 and 50% 999.9,

-i have mentioned more than once that 999.9 takes 2-3 working days for delivery (from BKK) when greater weights than 1 ounce are required,

-1 ounce bars of 999.9 are available in Pattaya for immediate delivery (mostly Crédit Suisse issues),

-there has never been any shortage of 999.9 except for the delivery time.

note: i wish i owned 1% of the 999.9 value than can be bought in Bangkok any time.

Here’s what is happening, according to a recent report from the World Gold Council:

cheesy.gif

sorry Naam

no prize for second

BTW

why will it take the USA 7 years to give the Germans the Gold that they have been safe keeping

could it be that there is none?

Lars Schall: In January this year, the Deutsche Bundesbank announced that it wants to repatriate some of its gold holdings at the NY Fed and all of its gold from the Banque de France. Do you consider it a bit strange that apparently it will take seven years to bring roughly 300 tons of gold from New York City to Frankfurt and five years to bring roughly 370 tons from Paris to Frankfurt? Moreover, the Bundesbank will leave a huge amount of its gold in New York City and London to have in the event of a currency crisis ”the ability to exchange gold for foreign currency […] within a short space of time.” Does this argument convince you?

Norbert Haering: The specifics of the plan for partial repatriation of gold seem to be designed to quash the public discussion about gold storage abroad. For many years to come, the Bundesbank will be able to answer these calls by saying: we are already working on it. And that will work well as a communication strategy. But the truth of the matter is that there is no good reason to store your national gold treasure abroad. The issue and the way in which the Bundesbank got itself tangled up in conflicting statements and justifications during these discussions makes one suspicious that either there is a problem with the gold or that Germany might not be as sovereign a state as we like to think. I do not know which one is true.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

only your opinions

test yourself

it takes 60 seconds weighing 3 bars each 20 Baht plus 1 bar of 5 Baht and perhaps another 2 minutes placing the bars in a nice little box while another shop assistant is using the machine to count the 11 bundles each THB 100k (plus some change). that might take an additional 2-3 minutes.

total delivery time since entering the shop max 10 minutes if no other customer ahead.

note: i am talking of "my" goldshop located in Pattaya Klang and not about the shop with the empty shelves in Nakhon Wetdream, Confusedbury Province you are referring to.

advice: try and sell your fairy tales to people who possess a wealth of no idea as far as gold purchases are concerned and stop ridiculing yourself.

Naam

let me know the address as i would like to buy before the Bernanke's next speech - possibly wed or thursday

like to load up before then

thanks

only your opinions

test yourself

Naam

let me know the address as i would like to buy before the Bernanke's next speech - possibly wed or thursday

thanks

A friend of mine tried to buy some at Hua Seng Heng in Chinatown in Bangkok two weeks ago and was told categorically there was nothing available

Edited by midas

A friend of mine tried to buy some at Hua Seng Heng in Chinatown in Bangkok two weeks ago and was told categorically there was nothing available

that must have been the chap who wanted to buy half a pound of smoked kipper, a glass of Marmite and three breakfast rolls at Hua Seng Heng.

only your opinions

test yourself

Naam

thanks

http://huasengheng.com/margin_requirement.php

Hua Seng Heng is the oldest gold shop in Chinatown

http://huasengheng.com/about_us.php

Tang To Kang - the oldest gold shop in Bangkok. It was founded by Tohkang Saetang, a Chinese immigrant, in the 1880s. It was the only gold shop in the Sampheng areas during the reign of Rama VI to be granted a royal appointment to use the Garuda emblem in 1921.

Hua Seng Heng is one of the oldest and pioneering gold shops in Yaowarat. They have been selling gold since 1951, and today have about 5 branches – 4 of which are in Yaowarat, and 1 at Seacon Square, which sell jewelry as well as gold bars.

http://www.goldpricethai.com/articles?fn_mode=fullnews&fn_id=6

Hua Seng Heng is the oldest gold shop in Chinatown

http://huasengheng.com/about_us.php

Tang To Kang - the oldest gold shop in Bangkok. It was founded by Tohkang Saetang, a Chinese immigrant, in the 1880s. It was the only gold shop in the Sampheng areas during the reign of Rama VI to be granted a royal appointment to use the Garuda emblem in 1921.

Hua Seng Heng is one of the oldest and pioneering gold shops in Yaowarat. They have been selling gold since 1951, and today have about 5 branches – 4 of which are in Yaowarat, and 1 at Seacon Square, which sell jewelry as well as gold bars.

i dont know what to make of this post as there's quotes and not reply.

maybe try again

maybe try again

Meanwhile Blackjack , I can't wait to hear your news about visiting Naam’s gold shop and you telling us how many minutes it took you to stock up. i.e. Whether you broke the record of 10 min or not that Naam claims is possible.tongue.png

If it's as easy as that maybe my friend in Bangkok will be tempted to make a special journey to Pattaya to stock up also bearing in mind how unsuccessful the trip to Hua Seng Heng was.

I'm sure you will keep us up to date of your efforts to “ load up “.smile.png

no reply from him as to where the gold shop is and so saai.gif

yeah right, i'll give you name and address and tomorrow you are presenting the fairy tale that you were there, the shelves were empty and a cleaning lady was dusting them.

don't insult my intelligence! tongue.png

maybe try again

reading and understanding that a quote can be a reply would help quite a bit. but perhaps that's too much to ask? huh.png

Now is not the time to buy gold of any sort.

Unless it's a gift for a girl you want to bed.

And then think carefully and don't give the gold over until after you bed her (a few times or more) to get value for money!

All of the Gold the miners are at this time seen as absolute no hopers.... but that is baked in ....and so if if the Gold price rises these stocks could be up 100% in months

Another of your half-baked ideas.

GDXJ up around 20%

GDX up around 15%

SIL up around 10%

since my half baked ideasmile.png