Which gold stock to buy now?

When everyone realises that the cupboard is bare there will be a sharp upward correction.

since when do investors care about the production cost of a company? does anybody buy a Rolls because of the freaking expensive leather used for the interior or because the handmade front grill took 96 master working hours?

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My recommendation would be to buy a basket GDX , GDXJ or SIL ( for silver co's )

No 1 miner is ever a safe bet see .....

Barrick Gold Delays Production at Pascua Lama Mine, Sets Big Charge

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323419604578574151632336948.html

All of the Gold the miners are at this time seen as absolute no hopers.... but that is baked in ....and so if if the Gold price rises these stocks could be up 100% in months
There are always bottom pickers sick.gif
but these 2 have been on the money ..
Edited by churchill

All of the Gold the miners are at this time seen as absolute no hopers.... but that is baked in ....and so if if the Gold price rises these stocks could be up 100% in months

Another of your half-baked ideas.

and one of your Brain Dead responses

• Like 1

I think brainless would be more accuratebah.gif

When everyone realises that the cupboard is bare there will be a sharp upward correction.

since when do investors care about the production cost of a company? does anybody buy a Rolls because of the freaking expensive leather used for the interior or because the handmade front grill took 96 master working hours?

wow

Naam

I know your a smart man with a background in finance but this is one of the dumbest posts you've ever made.

If you dont understand the supply and demand scenario then all is lost.

Demand for a RR is not the same as the demand for gold

less gold due to exploration, mining over running costs = less gold

more chase physical gold

bubble

I think brainless would be more accurate:bah:
Ahoy! A pair of pots in close formation.

wow

Naam

I know your a smart man with a background in finance but this is one of the dumbest posts you've ever made.

more chase physical gold

bubble

dumb² is to equate production cost with demand / "chase" tongue.png

• Like 1

wow

Naam

more chase physical gold

bubble

dumb² is to equate production cost with demand / "chase" tongue.png

Interesting logic. My car's value shoud only increase as the repair bills mount and cost of ownership reaches maximum levels.

• Like 1

Interesting logic. My car's value shoud only increase as the repair bills mount and cost of ownership reaches maximum levels.

watch out LRB! BlackJack might be "chasing" your car ohmy.png

beam me up Scotty as there's no intelligent life forms here!

I have no difficulty whatsoever in understanding your point Blackjack.

That for sure certifies the call for a one-way ticket. Edited by yoshiwara

That for sure certifies the call for a one-way ticket.

subtle reminder J O

this is a gold stock thread

so if you dont want to participate in a meaningful way

then as the old saying goes - rack off Noddy

That for sure certifies the call for a one-way ticket.
subtle reminder J O

this is a gold stock thread

so if you dont want to participate in a meaningful way

then as the old saying goes - rack off Noddy

Talking of Noddy who might be a gold bug, who knows?...

'Gold ended June with its biggest quarterly loss in value on record...From March to June, the price of gold has slid by almost a quarter, its sharpest three-month drop in at least 45 years...' (South China Morning Post July 1) Even Noddy might have trouble getting his little head around that one, but maybe you can convince either Noddy or BigEars that gold is going to the moon. Our message to Little Weed is 'Flobalob'.

Edited by yoshiwara

you poor dear thing

stuck in forward gear -

dude - you make money on the way down and on the way up

havent you worked it out yet?

move on

That's right. I have yet to meet a gold bug who has admitted to making a loss.

Edited by yoshiwara

you poor dear thing

stuck in forward gear -

dude - you make money on the way down and on the way up

havent you worked it out yet?

move on

That's right. I have yet to meet a gold bug who has admitted to making a loss.

I don't like the inherent negative aspect of shorting.

Gold is going to $500. wait till year end to buy

Okay I'm glad that's settled.

But which gold stocks should we be considering?

Why is it everybody, or at least most of the postings on this thread, want to go around in circles over the price of the commodity.

I would have thought you would have exhausted yourselves already on the other thread, 405 pages with 259,061 views - and you still want more!

gold will not go to 500 bucks an oz

i will bet mr pink and the twins on it

labour, electricity, water, fuel, refining etc costs are getting higher every month - currencies exchanges are having a big impact as well

when or if the price hits $1100 then exploration, mining, starts ups, IPO's will stop as they will not be able to cover costs or do cap raising of millions of dollars

goldmines now need to have millions in cash on the books to last out the next few months and if they dont they will mothball exploration, mines, expansion etc.

some companies are even putting off board members.

so its back to hedging for some

the demand for physical gold is HIGH

Here’s what is happening, according to a recent report from the World Gold Council:

• Mints have uniformly reported being swamped with orders.
  • Total number of American Eagle coin sales in the month of April were the highest since June 2010 and represented the highest ever dollar value recorded by the mint.
  • The UK mint reported a tripling of coin sales in April.
  • The Perth mint reported the highest demand levels in five years and that the mint was working through weekends to satisfy demand.
  • Premiums in regional markets have been pushed to exceptional levels
  • In India, consumers have flooded into the market, viewing the lower prices very much as a buying opportunity, with a sudden rise in jewelry sales reported from retailers across the nation.
  • Japanese jewelers reported a surge of buying [...] The top jewelry retailing chains reported up to six-fold increases in volume with buying heavily outweighing selling.
  • Some refiners report that they continue to work at high levels of capacity to meet demand. There is a lack of recycling at these price points and large bars have been imported to meet shortages. This is particularly true for those refineries supplying Eastern markets.
  • Transport capacity has also been strained, as the ability of the global supply chain to deliver gold to meet end user demand is limited and difficult to ramp up in a short period of time.

OK dogs

rip into it

• Like 2

labour, electricity, water, fuel, refining etc costs are getting higher every month - currencies exchanges are having a big impact as well

when or if the price hits $1100 then exploration, mining, starts ups, IPO's will stop as they will not be able to cover costs or do cap raising of millions of dollars

goldmines now need to have millions in cash on the books to last out the next few months and if they dont they will mothball exploration, mines, expansion etc.

Here’s what is happening, according to a recent report from the World Gold Council:

• Total number of American Eagle coin sales in the month of April were the highest since June 2010 and represented the highest ever dollar value recorded by the mint.
  • The Perth mint reported the highest demand levels in five years and that the mint was working through weekends to satisfy demand.
  • In India, consumers have flooded into the market, viewing the lower prices very much as a buying opportunity, with a sudden rise in jewelry sales reported from retailers across the nation.
  • Japanese jewelers reported a surge of buying [...] The top jewelry retailing chains reported up to six-fold increases in volume with buying heavily outweighing selling.
  • Some refiners report that they continue to work at high levels of capacity to meet demand. There is a lack of recycling at these price points and large bars have been imported to meet shortages. This is particularly true for those refineries supplying Eastern markets.
  • Transport capacity has also been strained, as the ability of the global supply chain to deliver gold to meet end user demand is limited and difficult to ramp up in a short period of time.

OK dogs

rip into itgiggle.gif

Heres what is happening, according to a recent report from the World Gold Council:

OK dogs

rip into it

demand so high that the price still takes a bath.

post-17813-0-53077100-1372933715_thumb.j

Heres what is happening, according to a recent report from the World Gold Council:

OK dogs

rip into it

demand so high that the price still takes a bath.

attachicon.gifdog bath.jpg

1st dog prize goes to the man that dresses as a womanpost-6522-0-43072700-1372935107_thumb.jp

Edited by BlackJack