Reshuffle of Cabinet based on 'suitability', says Yingluck

webfact

Reshuffle of Cabinet based on 'suitability', says Yingluck
The Nation

30209353-01_big.jpg

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday cited "suitability" as the reason for her latest Cabinet reshuffle.

BANGKOK: -- "I stick to the principle of suitability," she said. "The government has run the country for almost two years, so it is reasonable to expect a Cabinet reshuffle."

Deputy Government Spokesman Pakdiharn Himathongkham said that among the new Cabinet appointees were "capable people" who had served as government ministers in the government of Yingluck's elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra. He said their participation in the current government would help boost its efficiency. "It's like giving a 'magic touch' to the new Cabinet," he added.

In response to a remark by opposition leader Abhisit Vejjajiva that the prime minister should stop Thaksin's influence in government affairs, Pakdiharn said it appeared the Democrat Party leader was "envious".

Another Deputy Government Spokesperson, Sunisa Lertpakawat, also countered Democrat Party criticism of the potential Cabinet line-up yesterday. She said it was merely based on media speculation and not on the official Cabinet line-up, which would be endorsed by His Majesty the King.

Sunisa also rejected allegations by the Democrats that the prime minister would double as defence minister in a bid to interfere with the military's transfers of senior commanders in the armed forces. She said the Defence Ministry Administration Act, issued by the post-coup government in 2008, prevents politicians from interfering with transfers of high-ranking military officials.

Deputy Interior Minister Chatt Kuldiloke, who is likely to be replaced in the latest Cabinet shake-up, said yesterday that he would take a long rest. A retired police commander, he pointed out that he had been serving the country for many years. He turned 70 this year.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-29

Yingluck said she sticks to the principle of suitability but it's a relative term and I'm sure she doesn't mean suitable by virtue of ability, intelligence or attention to the best needs of the nation.

Her idea of suitability will be as directed by her brother based on what's best for him and the family, no one else need apply.

Yes, I noted the subtle change from appointments being based on 'ability' to 'suitability'.

Hardly the same thing at all.

• Like 1

When will PM-Yingluck explain, why she had previously picked people who turn out not to be 'suitable', and who now need to be reshuffled or fired ? wink.png

And how does she explain-away the need for a fifth reshuffle, within two years, when will she take responsibility for having repeatedly picked the wrong people ?

It demonstrates a talent, of sorts, but hardly a useful one ! rolleyes.gif

It would be nice if she started her explainations by telling us what happened in the last 72 hours that was so so big it caused the re-shuffle given how adamant she and the party were that it wouldn't happen.

Like everything else it was just BS but totally in line with the dictum of doing what they want without the need to explain to anyone, after all their loyal masses will automatically fall in line.

• Like 1

It amazing what 6 months can do in finding out whether people are capable or suitable for the job. In my company, we usually only give 3 months probation.

Does that apply to members of the boss' family?

• Like 1

I wonder it the 'regular', middleclass voter is finding this Bull <deleted> as tiresome as I am. It seems they are NEVER frank and won't tell the truth even when caught in a lie.

I think that is a Thai trait. At least, that has been my experience.
  • Like 1

Yingluck said she sticks to the principle of suitability but it's a relative term and I'm sure she doesn't mean suitable by virtue of ability, intelligence or attention to the best needs of the nation.

Her idea of suitability will be as directed by her brother based on what's best for him and the family, no one else need apply.

Yes, I noted the subtle change from appointments being based on 'ability' to 'suitability'.

Does any one know what position her sister will hold.

You can't be more suitable than having the last name Shinawarta with your brother sister clone act being the comic PM act.

• Like 2

When will PM-Yingluck explain, why she had previously picked people who turn out not to be 'suitable', and who now need to be reshuffled or fired ? wink.png

And how does she explain-away the need for a fifth reshuffle, within two years, when will she take responsibility for having repeatedly picked the wrong people ?

Why does the PM not run the country the way she sees fit and not listen to her brother.

You can't be more suitable than having the last name Shinawarta with your brother sister clone act being the comic PM act.

Yaowappa is on a mission to get all the PTP ducks in a row and everyone on the same page, so to speak. This as a prelude to the glorious return (dreaming here) of their Master and Commander Thaksin.

So, in answer to your question :"Does any one know what position her sister will hold?"

My answer would be, the missionary position..

• Like 2

Why does the PM not run the country the way she sees fit and not listen to her brother.

Simply put she has no idea how to run the country.

• Like 1

Deputy Government Spokesman Pakdiharn Himathongkham said that among the new Cabinet appointees were "capable people" who had served as government ministers in the government of Yingluck's elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra. He said their participation in the current government would help boost its efficiency. "It's like giving a 'magic touch' to the new Cabinet," he added.

Indeed these people were so capable of doing their job in Thaksins Govt that they got a 5 year ban from politics.

Which I suppose is the equivalent to a 5 year prison sentence for a non politician.

Hay it would seem by the news these days that the Govt has very little efficiency to boost other than in running up huge amounts of debt.

We wait to see about the magic bit.

With from the start handpicked 'knowledgeble', 'capable', 'full of potention' 'suitable' people it is indead reasonable to expect this fifth and latest cabinet reshuffle. Only normal and to be expected that a full hundred or so people had to be replaced.

Well, at least the main government policy as (still) to be implemented by the cabinet is unchanged, 'get Thaksin back'.

With this group of clowns, I'm guessing Thaksin figures the "KISS" principle is "suitable".

Yaowappa is on a mission to get all the PTP ducks in a row and everyone on the same page, so to speak. This as a prelude to the glorious return (dreaming here) of their Master and Commander Thaksin.

So, in answer to your question :"Does any one know what position her sister will hold?"

My answer would be, the missionary position..

exactly what i was thinking its getting ready for the big push to bring back tw-atty,,,,,,then once hes re-instated we can all breath a sigh of relief that were all guna be saved,,,,yay,,,,cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

If suitability is the criteria for being in Cabinet, may I suggest they all hand in their notice to quit and let a group of 6 year olds run the country.

The 6 years are more suitable than noluck. bah.gif

Is that with or with out their pads?tongue.png

Well now that I think of it dosen't make a difference, They would still be an improvement.coffee1.gif

The best part of that idea is they are young enough to learn.smile.png

Re-reading the OP it seems that the chance of a 'minor' reshuffle is starting to move from 'not at all', via 'no comment' to 'one should expect it after two years'. Note with the third reshuffle late October 2012, I'm not surprised to have this fourth 'minor' adjustment. I've come to 'expect' this musical chair show every six months.

Only question remaining is how many new 'suitable' people have been found to replace 'less' suitable people. As we need to 'expect' I'm afraid the line up of new ministers, deputy ministers, left or right hand of the office of someone or another, spokespeople, etc., etc., that line up may require an 'extra wide angle' lens for the photo-op.

Lies, pretence, and bullshit. The "clueless one" reads whatever is put in front of her, and has know idea how it connects or contradicts to the last statement.

And there are some TV posters who supprt her and her criminal bother's regime.

Sad for Thailand, not funny anymore.

The 6 month merry-go-round to make sure all get a turn at the trough. When the music stops, only those most loyal to the master will have a chair.

How can a PM constantly say there will be no reshuffle, and then just announce it? Cedibility - less than zero!

• Like 1

The tragedy in this whole reshuffle circus is that Mr Chalerm has been given the Labour Department and is no longer a Deputy P.M.

This snub must surely hurt his pride and will have damaged his ego irreparably.passifier.gif

He apparently challenged the P.M. to drop him from the line up, but she cannot do that easily.

Mr C is a powerful individual, (at least in his own mind) the sort of person you don't turn your back on.

Better to keep him in the yard on a leash (even though he barks a lot) rather than having him running loose in the neighbourhood.

There is an interesting article in the other paper about his tantrum.

"will have damaged his ego"

I understand that you can get medication, in handy liquid form, for that ! drunk.gif

I wonder who will take over his many results-within-90-days investigations & crackdowns ? laugh.png

• Like 1

The tragedy in this whole reshuffle circus is that Mr Chalerm has been given the Labour Department and is no longer a Deputy P.M.

This snub must surely hurt his pride and will have damaged his ego irreparably.passifier.gif

He apparently challenged the P.M. to drop him from the line up, but she cannot do that easily.

Mr C is a powerful individual, (at least in his own mind) the sort of person you don't turn your back on.

Better to keep him in the yard on a leash (even though he barks a lot) rather than having him running loose in the neighbourhood.

Yes and after throwing the toys out of the pram I wonder did he go back to the bottle. wink.png

Edited by khunken

Just read that one

Assuming the report is correct he sure did do his nana, threatened the PM even.

Surely he couldnt have said all that sober.