Replacement cushions for headphones in Bangkok

Litlos

I have a good set of JVC noise cancelling headphones I use when flying, and the ear phone cushions are disintegrating. I have not seen anywhere selling replacement ear phone cushions in Bangkok. The size needed is 73mm.

I have found them on Ebay, but ex China and the 73mm is the extreme end of the stated range of 70mm +/- 3mm so I would really like to check them out first. The JVC site was very helpful in saying go back and ask the dealer where you bought them, which is an Australian duty free shop so a waste of time.

Does anyone know of anywhere specific that sells the replacement pads in Bangkok as opposed to wandering through MBK, Pantip etc?

Cheers

Litlos,

Try www.proplugin.com.

They used to carry replacement ear phone cushions.

Interestingly I have seen both cushions and various types of rubber

deteriorate rapidly in BKK. Some compounds are not affected

while others break down into a sticky substance with others simply

flaking off. After moving out of BKK this no longer happened to

my equipment.

It is a problem for me too with cushions deteriorating. I have a couple pair of very expensive audiophile headphones that this have happened to and the manufacturer says that they are too old to replace - buy one of their new models with the bass boost is their solution but is not a solution at all for me .

Last lot of headphones i bought a couple months ago i bought extra pads .

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I have tried a few places and no has any replacement cushions to fit, so I bit the bullet and ordered some from China via Ebay. Then work emails me and I am probably travelling early next week, so replacement cushions will not be here in time, dammit. Had a look a buying some new Sony and have from 1800 through to 16,oo Baht, looks like about 8000 Baht for a reasonable pair.

Anyway today had to go to MBK to get mob phone repaired and as walking out go past a small stall selling lots of headphones etc, curious for pricing I ask and end up buying a set of Bose QC 15 at 4000 Baht. I think they are probably fakes, but look like good quality fakes and work well on the noise cancelling bit, so better than the ones I do not have at the moment. Got home and has online warranty registration, OK this should show if fakes or not. Very surprised when accepted for registration, I might have scored a bargain, probably only time will tell. Will order some spares cushions though probably through Ebay.

Cheers

Maybe try JetLive Audio in the Exchange Tower in Asoke.

Lots of accessories and high end headphones. Separate store sells high end audio. Very knowledgeable staff and honourable too.

I bought some Denon Bluetooth earphones for the gym. They kept dropping the Bluetooth signal. Looked online and turns out the model I'd bought were renowned for that problem. Took them back to JetLive. They tested the pair I'd bought and another fresh pair from stock. They confirmed the fault and gave me a FULL refund, in cash, right there and then.

I nearly fell over.

Went back a couple of weeks later when my wired earphones started playing up. Bought some gorgeous Sennheisers.

Would go back and recommend.