Vietnam Airlines?

keagan

Hi, can anyone, pass on any experiences, of Vietnam Airlines.

I recently booked flights with Vietnam Airlines, LGW/BKK via Vietnam. 21st Dec, Return 13th Jan, £540- Great price, for those dates, good layovers, 1hr 50 and 3hr 30.

I've noticed since I booked Two weeks ago, the price has doubled, and today is back at £550- If anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance.

I have used them many times on short haul and think they are excellent, Nice aircraft & staff, food good and great lounge in HCM. I do however hate immigration at HCM but that should not bother you being a transit passenger.

• Like 1

Travelled to Australia several times with them perhaps three or four years ago, found them excellent and at that time the cheapest to Australia, afraid now much more expensive so I give them a miss nowadays. Modern planes, clean, very good service, only drawback was you had to overnight in HCM City on the way back but they put you up in a reasonable hotel all at their expence. Would use them again if they dropped the fares.

Different experiences, Booked a flight Frankfurt > Hanoi > Vientiane.

Frankfurt Hanoi was a terrible flight, very old noisy airplane stuffed with egg roll bakers with hordes of little kids, poor skilled or either ignorant stewardesses who looked stressfull. The way they managed was an uncontrolled mess. Huge transparent bags with garbage laying outside the galley for hours, very annoying having that right in front of you. After the hot meal they waited so long collecting the trays that everywhere people started to put in on the floor, so did I. Imagine walking to a rest room stepping over all those foodtrays. Everything on this flight far far below standard.

Hanoi airport security/militairy confiscated several items that I always carry onboard like my professional nail clippers, small scissors, nail file, tweezers etc. Complaining that International Aviation Law allow this as the blades are shorter the 6cm (even only 1cm) did not help. Only got rude 'Vietnam law not allow' buIIshit.

The flight Hanoi > Vientiane however was very plesant, modern plane and very good stewardesses.

But I won't fly with them anymore for sure, and will avoid Hanoi the next time.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I've flown this route and then onwards to Samui, many times, with a lot of carriers.

The best was Malaysia Airlines, then Thai and EVA, I found Jet Air and Etihad were on a par, Even Air India were decent.

So if they fall in between those, I'll be happy.

Thanks,

keep the reviews coming.

rolleyes.gif Slightly off the topic because I've never actually used Vietnam airlines.

I been to HCMC 3 times in the last 6 months and used either Turkish Airlines or Quatar Airlines from Bangkok to HCMH as they are usually both the cheapest on that short flight.

Both have a price around $212 round trip return on that route from Swampy, which is why I picked them.

Vietnam Airlines is always more expensive it seems.

Friends found their B777s old & dirty & poorly-maintained, when they used them last Christmas, they've booked a Gulf-based airline for next trip.

How would anyone know that the Planes were poorly maintained ?? Having a well worn Carpet is somewhat different to having a worn Engine ??

Friends found their B777s old & dirty & poorly-maintained, when they used them last Christmas, they've booked a Gulf-based airline for next trip.

How would anyone know that the Planes were poorly maintained ?? Having a well worn Carpet is somewhat different to having a worn Engine ??

We used to have a saying in the airline-business, if the seat-back tray is broken, then the customer thinks you don't maintain the engines properly.

But you're correct, I expressed myself badly, and should have said "the interior of the planes were poorly maintained". wai2.gif

And non-working seats/IFE don't necessarily mean corners are being cut elsewhere too. Although it's hardly a good sign IMO.

Edited by Ricardo