Cooking a small roast & veges In benchtop oven.

I currently have a tefal bench top and use it mostly 4 reheating pizza and things. Tonight I am thinking about cooking a roast dinner but not sure it it powerful enough. Just wondering if anyone ever uses these types of ovens to do a roast in.

post-157316-13725610342038_thumb.jpgstkyn

m,y sisters got one in the uk, they are good,,

but our bench top oven does it nice too,

we get the chicken portions from big c, ect, cover with foil for a while in the oven, then foil of to crisp the skin, ( yes rob i no your not into skin,,)lol,

but us lard <deleted> love it,,lol,

my mouths watering thinking about it,

jake

• Like 1

we get the chicken portions from big c, ect, cover with foil for a while in the oven, then foil of to crisp the skin, ( yes rob i no your not into skin,,)lol,

jake

How do they do with pigeons jake?

ill tell you when i get back,

because i got some racing pigeons when i was at home, i was a big pigeon man in the uk, so ive got some in thailand now,

anyway my beautiful wife sent me a picture the other week ,bless her she had found and bought me 2 pigeons, well they are tumblers red checker pieds, beautiful birds,

but not racing pigeons, i will keep them of course, but one of them has paired with one of the racers and they have babys,

so when i get home they will be in the oven,,lol

so i will let you no,

jake

we have the same typ of thing, maybe a little bigger but not much and it works just fine,

i do a leg of lamb once a month,,lol, roast potatoes,,

jake

Hi jake

I also have a mini oven, quite impressed with it.

I haven`t yet but would also like to try lamb with roast potatoes.

How long do you cook the lamb for and at what temperature please ?

Any way of making the roast potatoes nice and crispy ?

Do you use foil or not ?( noticed you do with chicken, good idea )

Thanks.smile.png

jake

I eat the skin of chicken too at times Jake nothing wrong with that chicken as such is loads of protein and some fat is not a problem at all. I actually try to make my foods a bit more tasty at times.

I have a table top oven but a bit larger than the one in the OP Zanussi branch of Electrolux. I've done several roasts, slow cook, successfully. 160 deg C for about 1.5 hours.

oven.jpg

Pork loin washed and pat dry.

roast1.jpg

Spices

roast2.jpg

Lightly oiled and spices rubbed in and ready for the oven

roast3.jpg

Done

roast4.jpg

roast5.jpg

• Like 2

I have a table top oven but a bit larger than the one in the OP Zanussi branch of Electrolux. I've done several roasts, slow cook, successfully. 160 deg C for about 1.5 hours.

oven.jpg

Pork loin washed and pat dry.

roast1.jpg

Spices

roast2.jpg

Lightly oiled and spices rubbed in and ready for the oven

roast3.jpg

Done

roast4.jpg

roast5.jpg

that looks great!!! Not into rubs personally but well cooked food is always appreciated. If i know how to post pictures on here I would.

that looks great!!! Not into rubs personally but well cooked food is always appreciated. If i know how to post pictures on here I would.

Out of curiosity what different methods are there for doing roast pork for adding the spices? There is wet rub and dry rub, the latter is what I did. Or is it roasted without any and added later? Interested in different options to experiment with.

you can cut little slits into your meat and put your spices in them,,

if you get a rolled joint, unrole it, mix your spices with rice and diced veg and put in the middle of re-rolled joint,

as for the lamb roast it slow with foil, time depends on size, just keep checking,

as for your roast potatoes, par boil first, drain water and put a little butter on the season with salt and peper, and roast around your meat, in the juice, after say 15mintues take your meat out and turn power up till golden and crispy,

enjoy jake

• Like 2