The Ultimate Business Plan for Thailand.

There are 3 things a Farang can legally own in Thailand.

- His underwear.

- His motorbike or car (with the right documentation) OR: The pre-fab-home in his name OR a lavishly equipped Houseboat on the river-kwai (for example). In his name. For less than 100'000 Bht.

It may well be, that such alternatives find very little liking among future Thai-Wifes, having already planned for a Farang-Future in Nakhon somewhere.

Cheers.

Actually farang can own everything in Thailand, house and land included.

The house is easier if being built from scratch as it has to be a separate legal entity to the land, this is easier done in the planning stage than when built. But not overly difficult to do. The house will 100% owned by the foreigner.

To own land is slightly more tricky.... It can only be one rai and you have to invest 40,000,000 baht. Which probably puts most people off.

Salapoo, I don't know where your expertise comes from. I hope not from a Pattaya-Lawyer. that claims "can do for you". = establish company for you, etc,etc.smile.png

Relax, hold back on investments and rent for 6 months and then re-consider.

Cheers.

- His underwear.

- His motorbike or car (with the right documentation) OR: The pre-fab-home in his name OR a lavishly equipped Houseboat on the river-kwai (for example). In his name. For less than 100'000 Bht.

It may well be, that such alternatives find very little liking among future Thai-Wifes, having already planned for a Farang-Future in Nakhon somewhere.

Cheers.

I suppose your correct, I'm from the U.S. and only own 99.94% of the shares of my Ltd. company.

Edited by beechguy

- His underwear.

Cheers.

Actually farang can own everything in Thailand, house and land included.

The house is easier if being built from scratch as it has to be a separate legal entity to the land, this is easier done in the planning stage than when built. But not overly difficult to do. The house will 100% owned by the foreigner.

To own land is slightly more tricky.... It can only be one rai and you have to invest 40,000,000 baht. Which probably puts most people off.

Salapoo, I don't know where your expertise comes from. I hope not from a Pattaya-Lawyer. that claims "can do for you". = establish company for you, etc,etc.smile.png

Relax, hold back on investments and rent for 6 months and then re-consider.

Cheers.

Everything he says is actually correct. smile.png

The land deal is a loophole set up for foreign embassies.

Owning a house as a separate entity to the land is perfectly doable, but easier to do as the house is being built.

Do you get your information from Barstools in Chang vests? biggrin.png

"His motorbike or car (with the right documentation)"

Cert. of residence from an immigration office or embassy if not in possession of a WP. Hardly difficult or the classed as 'the right documentation'.

Edited by 1020

I've already seen converted shipping containers. Similar idea. Why not your idea? Go for it! Why show us this? I assume your not doing anything with the idea.

I've already seen converted shipping containers. Similar idea. Why not your idea? Go for it! Why show us this? I assume your not doing anything with the idea.

I have no interest in participating in any type of business here. I consider Thailand as a place to relax, not do business. smile.png

I think this is a fantastic avenue for someone interested in building an extremely in demand business though.

Look at Mac Walen, saw that many foreigners were crying out for longer-term visas due to the country's tightening visa rules, saw the Ed Visa option almost loophole) and the opportunity to use and market it... Making him a US$ millionaire in the process. :)

Get a Thai company to produce these and put you in charge of foreign sales and marketing, you're going to be making a lot of money on commission.

Edited by 1020

- His underwear.

Cheers.

A Farang can not own land in Thailand. The formation of a company to circumvent this "law of the land" is an old trick, but very well known by the proper Thai-Authorities by now. "Crack-downs" by Thai-Authorities are on the increase and the only ones that still believe that the "law of the land" can be "tricked-out" in this way in the longer term are uneducated Farangs or certain Law-Firms, that make their living out of "we can do for you-no problem!"

Of course no problem for them, they give no refunds whatsoever , the problem will be the Farangs problem.

Theoretically, the Farang can own the house. but a traditionally built house (with foundation etc) can not easily be moved from property a) to property B), if the Farang wishes to do so. Unless brick by brick? biggrin.png

I believe the concept, that at least part of the assets of a Farang can be moved if events should warrant it, is an idea which time has come. By way of a "movable-house" for example.

But like they say in Thailand: Up to you!

Cheers.

- His underwear.

Cheers.

A Farang can not own land in Thailand.

Theoretically, the Farang can own the house. but a traditionally built house (with foundation etc) can not easily be moved from property a) to property cool.png, if the Farang wishes to do so. Unless brick by brick? biggrin.png

A Westerner can own land here, up to one rai, if they invest 40m Baht. No need for compnaies or anything else.

A farang can own the house here, as with anything else. If he has a strong 30 yr lease on the land, or invests 40m baht and owns the land himself he is pretty safe. As stated, it is easier for the legal separation on land and house at the building stage. If done then, it is very easy for the Westerner to own the house 100% in his own name.

It seems like you've been listening to too many Thais... 'You cannot own this, for Thai only, no no you cannot own that, for Thai only.' I once went up country on my nice motorbike for NYE once, one of the locals just up from BKK was telling me how it's a pity that I could not own it and had to put it in a Thai's name (with a big smirk). When I informed them they were wrong they started getting angry and claiming I don't know Thailand. So I opened up the pillion seat, took out the copies of the gree book with my name and my name only listed as the owner. They got very sulky and very angry. The spirit of the Thai. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you have such idiots informing you of what you can and (incorrectly) cannot own.

• Like 1