Where to find a large electrical wholesaler?

Satcommlee

Hi,

I am in Korat and have been to both "Do home" and "Home Pro" and am not impressed with the selection.

I am willing to travel to Bangkok, but I am looking for an electrical wholesaler where I can buy absolutely everything for a complete house wiring job for a house I am building..

From Consumer units, to trunking, sockets, switches etc..

I'm also struggling to find modulaor ethernet RG45 sockets, F-Type satellite sockets etc..

Also, has anyone seen 3 Meter trunking in Thailand??

So any recommendations of a huge electrical wholesalers that should have everything??

Thanks in advance

Have you tried Global House? They usually have a very large range of electrical fittings, wires, accessories etc - including your elusive trunking smile.png

http://globalhouse.co.th/store_detail.php?BrchID=14

I'd never heard of that company, and great they are in Korat too, I will try in the morning..

If they sell 3 Meter trunking - I owe you a beer!

Thanks for that.

Probably too far for you but... Volt Amp in Maphtaput (near Rayong) have literally anything you would find at a large industrial electrical wholesaler in a Western Country as they supply the nearby industrial area. They also have a lot of imported electrical parts that you won't find anywhere else, they are usually much better quality than the Thai stuff. If you are buying switches, power sockets etc stay clear of the Thai and Chinese stuff or you will be changing them in 6 Months. best quality at a reasonable price here is the Clipsal Brand.

Probably too far for you but... Volt Amp in Maphtaput (near Rayong) have literally anything you would find at a large industrial electrical wholesaler in a Western Country as they supply the nearby industrial area. They also have a lot of imported electrical parts that you won't find anywhere else, they are usually much better quality than the Thai stuff. If you are buying switches, power sockets etc stay clear of the Thai and Chinese stuff or you will be changing them in 6 Months. best quality at a reasonable price here is the Clipsal Brand.

Do you have a location or web site for this Volt Amp?

Do you have a location or site for this Volt Amp

Their web site is www.va-electrics.com/ . I think there might be a location map on the site. My company does a lot of electrical manufacturing and I have always found them to have good stock of pretty much everything

Hi Thanks for all the feedback so far..

I bought the bulk of the kit at Global House in Korat as kindly suggested by IMHO, but I was not satisfied with their range of consumer units and RCBO's, RCD's etc..

I done the main bulk of the wiring and fixings last weekend, but have not installed the consumer unit yet, so I may try the other suggestions for the consumer unit and modules.

I also need only 5 Meters of main Earth cable to go to the Earth Rod but they seem to sell only 50 Meter rolls. Does anyone know where I can buy 10mm or 16mm Earth/Ground Cable off the drum?

Just to comment on Global vs Home Pro from my experience: Global seems to have wider variety and (perhaps) slightly better prices for most products. But, for the electric stuff I prefer Home Pro. I get a bunch of stuff at Global and 1-2 months later, I'm replacing it (like for lights, switches, etc.) And, in Udon at least, they are not as receptive for returning stuff as is Home Pro. Not big differences but sometimes that's all it takes.

As for connecting to ground rod: Uhm, whatever the color, tape, etc. - if it's connected to the ground rod - it's a ground wire regardless of what any code might need for that. Duh.

• 10 months later...