australian visa with 8503 attached.

I have been with my thailady for 2 years and we had a trip back to Australia march 2012 on a 3 month tourist visa ,it had the 8503 attached so no extension allowed.

Then we went again in march 2013 for 3 months on a tourist visa,again 8503 attached so not allowed to extend.

Today i called the visa office and was told they put the 8503 on the tourist visa when they are not sure of your relationship,I would like to go again so i asked if they will put the 8503 on again and he said if we supply enough info about our relationship so they know it is a real one ! then they will not put 8503 on the next tourist visa ,so we will be able to extend the visa in Australia if we want to.

Does anyone know what they might want to show a relationship is real ?

last time i sent with the application lots of photos and a covering letter.....obviously not enough so do you think they want statements from family and friends or ???

any ideas .

Well what can you use to show them this? What do you have? phone calls to her if you have copies from your bills and vise versa. Photos are good, photos of you both in Australia and Thailand with family. Perhaps not pics in Soi Cowboy. Gee you would think after some visas they would be satisfied as you presumably sponsored her each time. Stat decs from Australia from family or friends stating its genuine. Personally Ive never heard of anyone asking for the 8503, they just ask for a longer visa and even then I never did, it was just given.

• Like 1

Have a look at this post ... Why condition 8503 is imposed on some visas

If you are not happy with the single entry 3 month Visa ... why not apply for a longer Visa?

But remember ... that's just what they are ... Tourist Visas

Tourist stream: for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends.

Australian Immigration

Thanks Kris and Dave,

i have been living here in Thailand for 7 years and some times i think the people who work at the visa office do not read the info and letters i send with my ladies application.they think i live in australia and my lady is coming to visit me...how ever i do tell them in my attached letter that we have been living together for over 2 years.

Last time we asked for a one year visa and he sent us 3 months when i called and aked him why he said because its your first visa ...it was her 3rd visa and i told him so he said i have not know her long enough....its like they are not reading the letters we send them.Ive know her 4 yaers and lived with her after the village marriage for the last 2 years.

i asked if he could change it to a one year visa he said no....i must come back after 3 months and apply again and he said she will get another visa.....the reason i want such a lon visa is because i wanted to buy a 4wd and caravan and do a big trip around aust .would cost me $55.000 for a 4wd and then another $45.000 for a caravan too much for a short holiday.would loose too much when resale.

after she only got 3 months we just rented a camper van from Apollo and did the 3 month trip...not long enough .but a great trip,after living here Thailand for so long i forgot what a great country aust is .i still would like to do the 4wd and caravn trip but not sure what to ask for next.dont want to mess it up.

I just realized Kris i sent you a private IM after i see a post from you on another post.

maybe i should just bite the bullet and do the partner visa,but some one said more than one year to get it done here in thailand.

i think she can still get a tourist visa while we are waiting for partner visa.

crocken ... you know that you can still apply for a 6 month visa!

The new 600 stream has not changed that.

It just takes an X-Ray clearance, because Thailand's a TB risk.

There is a12 month Visa ... but I've never read of anyone getting one.

I'm not saying that you do but some people bombard the Visa Application with a million pages and a gazillion photos.

We prepare maybe 2 pages of photos which are dated and timed.

When we submit photos we make it relevant to the Thais ... not to us.

Photo at Songkran, Kings Birthday (everyone in yellow), Christmas, Loy Kathong

A simple invite letter and if we want something special an very brief opening summary letter.

I know in government circles (I worked in government for 5 years), it's tick a box ... make it easy to tick their boxes.

• Like 1

It just takes an X-Ray clearance, because Thailand's a TB risk.

There is a12 month Visa ... but I've never read of anyone getting one.

I'm not saying that you do but some people bombard the Visa Application with a million pages and a gazillion photos.

We prepare maybe 2 pages of photos which are dated and timed.

When we submit photos we make it relevant to the Thais ... not to us.

Photo at Songkran, Kings Birthday (everyone in yellow), Christmas, Loy Kathong

A simple invite letter and if we want something special an very brief opening summary letter.

I know in government circles (I worked in government for 5 years), it's tick a box ... make it easy to tick their boxes.

Is the 6 month visa a tourist visa?

Crocken, we list in our application, on the form AND in our letter, visas successfully received

Is the 6 month visa a tourist visa?

Crocken, we list in our application, on the form AND in our letter, visas successfully received

"Is the 6 month visa a tourist visa?"

Yep ... post-104736-0-19053500-1372982858_thumb.

That is the relevant page from the current application for for the

Visitor Visa (subclass 600) Tourist Stream

• Like 1

"I have been with my thailady for 2 years and we had a trip back to Australia march 2012 on a 3 month tourist visa ,it had the 8503 attached so no extension allowed.
Then we went again in march 2013 for 3 months on a tourist visa,again 8503 attached so not allowed to extend.
Today i called the visa office and was told they put the 8503 on the tourist visa when they are not sure of your relationship,I would like to go again so i asked if they will put the 8503 on again and he said if we supply enough info about our relationship so they know it is a real one ! then they will not put 8503 on the next tourist visa ,so we will be able to extend the visa in Australia if we want to.
last time i sent with the application lots of photos and a covering letter.....obviously not enough so do you think they want statements from family and friends or ???
any ideas ."

Hi crocken

First let me tell you that the person you spoke to in DIAC sounds like a numpty.

Sounds like they had no idea and was just trying to get you off of the phone.

Some facts: Should not tell you that 8503 condition will not be placed on your next visa.

That is up to the case officer in Bangkok.

Secondly, the state of your relationship has nothing to do with 8503 being imposed or not.

Research some of the stories on here and you will see it's a lottery, totally up to the discretion of the case officer.

Seeing as your girlfriend had a visa in March for 3 months, you might want to wait a while before submitting another

one.

8503: The whole point of condition 8503 is that so people can't extend/apply for another visa onshore. This is what DIAC are trying to avoid. And of the few people I know that didn't have 8503 and applied for another tourist visa onshore,they were only given 1 or 2 week visa's.

DIAC are of the view that 3 months is sufficient for a holiday visa so people shouldn't expect that if they apply for another 3 month visa (onshore)it will be granted. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, they usually are only give a few weeks. As anything that involves a case officer, this is not set in stone but seems to be policy.

Like David48 says, you're better off applying for a 6 month visa.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

"I have been with my thailady for 2 years and we had a trip back to Australia march 2012 on a 3 month tourist visa ,it had the 8503 attached so no extension allowed.

any ideas ."

Hi crocken

First let me tell you that the person you spoke to in DIAC sounds like a numpty.

Sounds like they had no idea and was just trying to get you off of the phone.

Some facts: Should not tell you that 8503 condition will not be placed on your next visa.

That is up to the case officer in Bangkok.

Secondly, the state of your relationship has nothing to do with 8503 being imposed or not.

Research some of the stories on here and you will see it's a lottery, totally up to the discretion of the case officer.

Seeing as your girlfriend had a visa in March for 3 months, you might want to wait a while before submitting another

one.

8503: The whole point of condition 8503 is that so people can't extend/apply for another visa onshore. This is what DIAC are trying to avoid. And of the few people I know that didn't have 8503 and applied for another tourist visa onshore,they were only given 1 or 2 week visa's.

DIAC are of the view that 3 months is sufficient for a holiday visa so people shouldn't expect that if they apply for another 3 month visa (onshore)it will be granted. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, they usually are only give a few weeks. As anything that involves a case officer, this is not set in stone but seems to be policy.

Like David48 says, you're better off applying for a 6 month visa.

Regards

Will

I remember reading on one of the many Aussie Government websitesites that their policy to attach the 8503 No further stay when applying for a three months visa is more or less routine these days. They are saying that it will enable them to issue more short time visas quicker.

On the 1419 there are three options. 3months visa, 6 months visa and 12 month visa. I helped my de facto wife of 7 years to apply for her third 3months visa and fully expected to have a 8503 condition attached to it, like when we she got her 3months visas in 2011 and 2012.

Some people claim to have gotten a 3months visa without the 8503 or even a 12 months multiple entry visa after applying for a 3months visa only. That might have been the case some time ago on the old 676 application form, but I think it is unlikely when applying on the new 1419 form. Maybe it still happens sometimes when your case officer thinks fit to do so.

Like David says, when applicants think they would like to stay longer, they should tick the 6 months box on the form and then be prepared to undergo a medical exam with an X-ray.