Third foreigner arrested in Phuket anti-overstay campaign

webfact

Well, well dome congratulations, this just tells me what bunch of _____ the authorities and governing bodies really are, all the real hard problems in this country and they cant seen to do anything past .5%, but now they have decided to concentrate so much effort into exporting westerners who really don't course that much of a problem, not getting rid of immigrants from neighbouring countries that really wouldn't take much time there all over Bangkok begging on the streets, or how about concentrating efforts on finding somewhere for al those children begging or labouring on the streets somewhere to live and get a education, s e basic clothes and a meal.

Congratulations well done to those in that proud picture.

Tell us what you really think.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Russians, the over stayers, lets hope next will not be the arriving touristsfacepalm.gif

Do understand about visa over stayers, just seems Phuket is the only city doing the crack down, while the real problem makers like taxi drivers and rip ff merchants stay untouched

• Like 1

Today a crackdown/investigation on farang visa over stayers…..

Tomorrow,

A crackdown/investigation of farang with bogus companies just set up just to obtain Thai real estate….

Your dream life in Thailand could be over in a flash…

Something to think about…LOL

Another major criminal arrest. Amazing.

Sorry, but I live in Southern California and they catch hundreds of Mexican illegals per day. This would hardly be newsworthy.

Obviously they are just trying to scare people into not overstaying.

Can't see why they would parade a farang before the cameras like this as though they just busted a major narcotics ring

Let's not forget about the thousands upon thousands of Thai staying in the West illegally.

Source?

+1

• Like 1

Let's not forget about the thousands upon thousands of Thai staying in the West illegally.

Source?

LOL... You're joking right?

No, I'm not. Where's your evidence that there are 'thousands upon thousands' of Thais living illegally in the west?

+1

Sorry, but I live in Southern California and they catch hundreds of Mexican illegals per day. This would hardly be newsworthy.

Can't see why they would parade a farang before the cameras like this as though they just busted a major narcotics ring

Really and where have you ascertained that piece of unsupported data from?

• Like 2

I missed the birth of my son because I did nt want to overstay for a single day. Long story, would neve happen again though.

You usually have lots of advance warning that a baby's due, so couldn't you have sorted out a new visa in time. Or even leave and come back the same day. Not sure why didn't organize things so that you could be at the birth.

As an example Australia as of 2012 had 1860 Thai overstayers

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wear-out-welcome/story-e6freuy9-1226438043184

• Like 1

Don't worry people, its worse in Queensland. . . . as far as cops posing with little farty jobs like this and letting their mates get away

with murder. The first thing you do if you're going to be serious about crime is befriend a senior cop and start paying him.

Its a world standard.

• Like 1

Cabinet reshuffle triggers actual work under new Minister of XXX

trying to keep their phoney balloney jobs and not be tranferred off

to a 'none-functional-position', meaning no graft, in Nakon Nowhere.

Should all disappear in about a month,

but a few overstayers will have been scooped up.

• Like 1

Yes but they don't get a fine, they just get a free trip back into Mexico so they can try it again! clap2.gif

Often multiple times, so what a lot of "muppets" the American authorities are proving to be. whistling.gif

As an example Australia as of 2012 had 1860 Thai overstayers

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/wear-out-welcome/story-e6freuy9-1226438043184

There are a few in NZ that i know of !

Edited by oldsailor35

If you want to excoriate me for overstay due to not leaving my wife's side as she lay in hospital near death, go ahead.

They'd just changed the visa rules and embassy staff in Laos that week and were claiming you needed proof of onward travel, no exceptions. We'd dumped all the cash on hospital bills.

Once the medical drama was over, I sorted my overstay.

You are aware that you could have gotten a medical extension for taking care of your wife.

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

(2) In the case of looking after a patient, confirmation and request has been made by the physician responsible for the treatment or by an embassy or consulate.

(3) Patient Carer, except parents, spouse, children, adopted children or children of spouse, shall be granted no more than 1 extra person.

You have to look at this in a different light.

When you arrive in Thailand you must immediately assume that because you are from Europe then all these 'silly' laws about visas' and the law of Thailand doesn't apply to you as a white officer with black privates to Kow-Tow you.. Then when you are back in UK you can join in with all the other lot complaining about the number of people in UK who are there without legal visas or reasons to stay.

In all honesty these sad losers really p-ss me off with the attitude they have regarding overstay.

Thailand does not need them or want them and rightly so. The end end result of the actions of these f--kwits serves only to cause the people who, want to and do do it propery, hassle from the Thai Authorities who are only doing their job.

As in UK, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

These guys know exactly what law they are breaking and then illicit sympathy from other posters on the forum who are most likely in the same situation but haven't been caught yet.

No sympathy.

I agree, its because of these f-wits that the honest conforming farang population have to jump through more and more hoops to stay here ! Catch them wherever they come from and chuck them out.

Another question that no one seems able to answer, Just how do prostitutes (show girls) mainly from the ex eastern block countries get work permits. They are everywhere, i was propositioned only last week in a Koh Samui bar by a Russian girl.

Yes but they don't get a fine, they just get a free trip back into Mexico so they can try it again! clap2.gif

Often multiple times, so what a lot of "muppets" the American authorities are proving to be. whistling.gif

Oh not really, it is all smoke and mirrors, the government and a lot of businesses don't want to stop the flow of cheap labor into the US they just want the gullible public to think they want to stop the illegal immigrants.

• Like 1

Don't worry people, its worse in Queensland. . . . as far as cops posing with little farty jobs like this and letting their mates get away

with murder. The first thing you do if you're going to be serious about crime is befriend a senior cop and start paying him.

Its a world standard.

If you have got definate proof of what you are saying, stop blabbing your face off and report it to a senior Qld Police Officer. There is a member in TV who is a serving Victorian Police officer, i expect he will be able to put you on the right track as i don' t think he is a bad bloke apart from being a St Kilda supporter. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

If you want to excoriate me for overstay due to not leaving my wife's side as she lay in hospital near death, go ahead.

They'd just changed the visa rules and embassy staff in Laos that week and were claiming you needed proof of onward travel, no exceptions. We'd dumped all the cash on hospital bills.

Once the medical drama was over, I sorted my overstay.

You are aware that you could have gotten a medical extension for taking care of your wife.

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

(2) In the case of looking after a patient, confirmation and request has been made by the physician responsible for the treatment or by an embassy or consulate.

(3) Patient Carer, except parents, spouse, children, adopted children or children of spouse, shall be granted no more than 1 extra person.

yeah we tried that. as she was in hospital in Ta Bo, even though we lived in Udon, it became a mess between Udon immigration and Nong Khai.

both refused to acknowledge the letter of the law. too bad we didn't know the retired immigration officer then.

when we told her what happened she hit the roof.

it's not to say your advice is wrong. others should heed it.

but in our case it was clear immigration wasn't sympathetic in Issan like the might have been in a tourist area like Phuket or Bangkok.

in the end you'll never be able to say exactly what will happen (future tense). only what actually happened (past tense).

In my case I made a concerted effort at all times to handle my business here and prevailed.

In the case of those who want to wander high-traffic areas just down the street from immigration, perhaps they'd better think twice and sort their situation out before they end up deported.

That said, a lot of the idiots on here taking the holy high ground refuse to understand that you can be back here a day or so later even after overstaying 3 years.

There's a difference between that and say, shooting someone or commiting a drug offense.

Judging people you don't know is just plain stupid.

• Like 2

Can't get enough evidence to convict a killer, but can successfully track down foreigners with a few months overstay. Unreal.

Well a farang is an easier target to spot and so "catch" than a native who can disappear within their own country, no surprise if you think about it really.

They still look like family photo from mom's album. Everyone smile for the camera.

A lesson for us all to learn from - if ever in such a situation when lined up in front of "officials" and someone is taking a picture you just know it will end up in the media and on-line so give a big thumbs up and smile - if nothing else it will piss someone off so it's worth it.

The guy overstayed by 3 months and they sent out undercover officers to find him?

Like these numb nuts don't have anything better to do. Jesus.

Scams operating everywhere you look in the stank island and they're worried about this? They should be downright ashamed to have their photo taken for this 'bust'.

Well these are Immigration police it is not their job to deal with scamming jet-skis nor house break-ins, if you knew Thailand structure you would know the different branches of police like every other job has it's job limitations that those staff work within and never stray into someone else's area.

If you drove a car you would know that you can speed past Local Police trucks etc with impunity as it's not their job to deal with speeding on the Highway, that's the remit of Highway Police just like Highway Police don't deal with bar fights. When you grasp this difference you will start understanding the country a bit.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Cuban
  • Like 1

Amazing..the BS that you lot write....absolute conjecture and crap...I was with Andy the evening prior to this incident...I know/knew the plan for the following day which in part included the Phuket immigration office....there is so much more to this story including the very first contact with the officer concerned, the reason for his appearance, his questions and those individuals that called the officer..(these were scooter rental people by the way !)..so much is missing from this story but reading what you morons have to say is far more amusing than what exactly did take place and why it took place....dream on you TV sad people......you know who you are....coffee1.gif

these overstayers give us law abiding , tax paying farangs a bad name

out with the lot of you

No they don't. Just stay in your own lane and don't worry if someone else breaks the law, it's got nothing to do with you. No reason for paranoia.

Edited by Time Traveller

Can't get enough evidence to convict a killer, but can successfully track down foreigners with a few months overstay. Unreal.

so true, when they really "want to" it appears they can accomplish nearly anything. apparently all

problems on island have been resolved now that these 3 and their crime wave has been stopped. indeed "re-arranging deck chairs on titanic"

Edited by cali4995