Befast car service center charged 500 to clean engine before changing oil?

samtab

Hi,

I didn't ask for it and they didn't propose (i speak Thai fluently) but they showed me a bill including 500 thb for engine cleaning.

I said NO once only and they gave up, so it clearly was a scam.

People should learn to guess who is born victim or not. I'm clearly not.

Did it happen to you before at the yellow store or anywhere else?

I took my car into the Honda dealers and they gave my an estimate of all the things they intended doing, like yours they wanted to do an engine clean, but also the seats and the car and underside, all these little add ons were going to triple the price.

The guy seemed quite taken aback when I went through the list with him and deleted, what I believed to be, all the unnecessary jobs.

In my local village they only charge me 180 baht to wash and clean the whole pickup truck inside and outside as well as the underside and the engine compartment.

Must have tried a scam as you say.

160 baht of that is to remove all the underseal protection, damage wiring, flood your electrics, make your tyre sidewalls brittle and remove the oil protecting the engines metal. biggrin.png

• Like 1

What quick cheater did is pretend that they cleaned INSIDE the engine where oil is filled, not outside for cosmetic purpose.

But who rinse the engine before adding new oil ?

Especially without telling to customers ?

So nobody had this problem before ?

Edited by samtab

What quick cheater did is pretend that they cleaned INSIDE the engine where oil is filled, not outside for cosmetic purpose.

But who rinse the engine before adding new oil ?

Especially without telling to customers ?

So nobody had this problem before ?

oh yes, that was a scam, I thought you meant they cleaned the engine bay. I don't know how you'd even clean the inside of the engine - maybe flushing oil? flushing oil is light oil, some people use it - it's unnecessary and unfair if you hadn't asked for it. funny story

Edited by aussiebebe

• 2 weeks later...