List of Thai monk's assets mounts

webfact

List of monk's assets mounts
Piyanuch Thumnukasetchai
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- More illegal luxury assets allegedly belonging to jet-setting monk Luang Pu Nenkham have been unearthed in a joint investigation led by the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and the Office of National Buddhism (ONB).

The assets comprise several luxury cars, including a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari - and a large amount of cash stashed in 41 separate bank accounts.

ONB director Noppharat Benjawatthananant warned that Luang Pu Nenkham would be considered guilty, if he failed to return to Thailand by the end of the month.

Despite taking a vow of celibacy, Luang Pu Nenkham is also alleged to have had as many as seven lovers and to have fathered a number of children with them.

In addition, news reports have alleged that up to Bt200 million in donations has been uncovered in bank accounts belonging to his charity.

Luang Pu Nenkham, whose real name is Weeraphol Sukphol, was scheduled to return to Thailand on June 20, after the ONB approved his request to go on a month-long trip overseas.

Noppharat reiterated that under ONB regulations, any money donated to monks who have already been ordained must be spent on policies declared to the general public. He added that it was forbidden for monks to own any property other than what they had before being ordained.

DSI Pol Lt-Colonel Phongin Intharakhao said a woman had also made rape allegations against the monk in December 2010.

As per the DSI list, the monk's alleged assets include two luxury homes - one in Ubon Ratchathani and the other in Si Sa Ket; 13 vehicles, including a Rolls Royce, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Hummer, Toyota Camry, four pick-up trucks and four motorcycles.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-06

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the article fails to mention is the number of photographs being aired on various cable TV new programmes of the pious Luang Pu Nenkham being feted and kowtowed to by quite a number of senior police and military types.

I wonder why, and I wonder why the said senior police and military types were paying him this interestingly sycophantic degree of respect in the first place?

Duh... that because he hold their money,,, so they better be nice to him...

a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari - and a large amount of cash stashed in 41 separate bank accounts; as many as seven lovers and to have fathered a number of children with them. the monk's alleged assets include two luxury homes - one in Ubon Ratchathani and the other in Si Sa Ket; 13 vehicles, including a Rolls Royce, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Hummer, Toyota Camry, four pick-up trucks and four motorcycles.

that is a wonder life of anyone, but monk ?

a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari - and a large amount of cash stashed in 41 separate bank accounts; as many as seven lovers and to have fathered a number of children with them. the monk's alleged assets include two luxury homes - one in Ubon Ratchathani and the other in Si Sa Ket; 13 vehicles, including a Rolls Royce, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Hummer, Toyota Camry, four pick-up trucks and four motorcycles.

that is a wonder life of anyone, but monk ?

If any independent person(s) would investigate the life of the monks in Thailand, he would make more incredible findings ...

You can read and see pictures almost every week about monks who are caught having sex with a woman or with a child.

And this is only the top of the iceberg.

• Like 2

A conversation between a Thai father and son:

Son: daddy, daddy. When I grow up I want to be a lawyer!

Dad: Hell no!! The're no good.

Son: Ok, daddy. I want to be a doctor so I can help people who are sick, I love to heal people. Look, I just healed the dog from tick problem.

Dad: Are you freegin' crazy? You been talking to K. Mae again?

Son: Ok, daddy. I want to be a scientist. I want to discover how to cure cancer, tb, and kill all the bad dengue mosquitoes. They are maidee mak mak!

Dad: Shut T F up!!!! You will be a monk!!

Absolutely. I've already told my son it's meditation not medicine for him. And can I have my first Ferrari in pink.

Edited by bigbamboo

Corruption ... deceipt ... illegal payments ... Thailand at its finest Just par for the course

Here we go. Bash Thailand this happens nowhere else in the world syndrome. What pious heights the pure condemn from! Ungh!

What purist country do you come from bra?

• Like 1

Corruption ... deceipt ... illegal payments ... Thailand at its finest Just par for the course

Yep, only happens in Thailand:

• Jim Bakker - Created the PTL organization. Convicted of fraud and conspiracy charges after illegally soliciting millions of dollars from his followers.[26]
  • Hogen Fukunaga - Founder of Ho No Hana who was given a twelve-year jail sentence for fraudulently gaining 150 million yen from his followers.[27]
  • Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) - founder of the Creation Science Evangelism ministry. Willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over Federal income taxes, knowingly structuring transactions in Federally-insured financial institutions to evade the reporting requirements, and obstructing and impeding the administration of the internal revenue laws.[28][29]
  • L. Ron Hubbard - Founder of Scientology. He was convicted of petty theft and ordered to pay a $25 fine in San Luis Obispo, California 1948[30] and in 1978 was convicted of illegal business practices, namely, making false claims about his ability to cure physical illnesses in France. He was sentenced to four years in prison, which was never served.[31][32][33][34][35]
  • Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.[36]
  • Henry Lyons - Former President of National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Convicted for racketeering and grand theft.[37]
  • Barry Minkow - Head pastor of San Diego's Community Bible Church, and founder of the Fraud Discovery Institute, who had turned to religion and entered the ministry after release from prison for the notorious ZZZZ Best fraud, returned to prison in 2011 for further acts of securities fraud while serving as a clergyman.[38]
  • Sun Myung Moon - Leader of Unification Church, imprisoned for criminal tax fraud in the 1980s.[39]
  • Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh – later called Osho. Fined $400,000 and given a 10-year suspended sentence following a plea bargain agreement in which he made an Alford plea to (1) a charge of having concealed his intent to remain permanently in the U.S. at the time he applied for his visa extension and (2) a charge of having conspired to have followers stay illegally in the country by having them enter into sham marriages.[40]Deported from the United States.[41][42][43][44][45]

Err..... Forgot the Pope

• Jim Bakker - Created the PTL organization. Convicted of fraud and conspiracy charges after illegally soliciting millions of dollars from his followers.[26]
  • Hogen Fukunaga - Founder of Ho No Hana who was given a twelve-year jail sentence for fraudulently gaining 150 million yen from his followers.[27]
  • Kent Hovind (Dr. Dino) - founder of the Creation Science Evangelism ministry. Willful failure to collect, account for, and pay over Federal income taxes, knowingly structuring transactions in Federally-insured financial institutions to evade the reporting requirements, and obstructing and impeding the administration of the internal revenue laws.[28][29]
  • L. Ron Hubbard - Founder of Scientology. He was convicted of petty theft and ordered to pay a $25 fine in San Luis Obispo, California 1948[30] and in 1978 was convicted of illegal business practices, namely, making false claims about his ability to cure physical illnesses in France. He was sentenced to four years in prison, which was never served.[31][32][33][34][35]
  • Luc Jouret - A founder of the Order of the Solar Temple. He was convicted in Canadian Federal Court of conspiring to buy illegal handguns.[36]
  • Henry Lyons - Former President of National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc. Convicted for racketeering and grand theft.[37]
  • Barry Minkow - Head pastor of San Diego's Community Bible Church, and founder of the Fraud Discovery Institute, who had turned to religion and entered the ministry after release from prison for the notorious ZZZZ Best fraud, returned to prison in 2011 for further acts of securities fraud while serving as a clergyman.[38]
  • Sun Myung Moon - Leader of Unification Church, imprisoned for criminal tax fraud in the 1980s.[39]
  • Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh – later called Osho. Fined $400,000 and given a 10-year suspended sentence following a plea bargain agreement in which he made an Alford plea to (1) a charge of having concealed his intent to remain permanently in the U.S. at the time he applied for his visa extension and (2) a charge of having conspired to have followers stay illegally in the country by having them enter into sham marriages.[40]Deported from the United States.[41][42][43][44][45]

I guess you look something over the head.All names you mention in your post have the word "convicted" or something similar in the sentence.

I can name several Thai monks who have been caught redhanded over the years for unusual health, strange enough I can't find any info on their convictions.

• Like 2

How did you forget GENE? He was a piece of artwork

Revend Ike was a gem as well.

Dr. Gene Scott

I didn't like church as a teenager. I was never a "God-Hater," but the traditional church world was such a turn-off with it's hypocrisy and legalism, that I gave up on "organized religion" altogether. That all changed the first time I heard Dr. Gene Scott on the radio. He was amazing! I couldn't believe that a person with his intellect could also be a Christian. Even though he had an Einstein-like IQ, he never tried to talk over people's heads. He was able to break down complex subject matter and still communicate it.

I found Dr. Scott during the time when Christian leadership was represented in the news media by the big three: the effeminate Jim Baker; the smug Jerry Falwell; and the hypocritical Jimmy Swaggart. Dr. Scott seemed too good to be true. "So," I asked, "what's the catch?" After all, my secular education indoctrinated me into believing that a person could not be both smart and be a Christian -- yet Dr. Gene Scott was the living paradox to that stereotype.

DrScott-Bible.jpg

So... your argument is that two wrongs somehow make a right? The fact that you can pull up headlines from elsewhere is because those people too are being persecuted and prosecuted; that's why they are in the news. If there is murder somewhere else in the world, does that make it okay here? If there is corruption, then it's okay for people to be corrupt here? The monk should be prosecuted; and if found guilty--then he deserves all the legal and verbal abuse he can get. What does or does not happen elsewhere is of little matter; it is still up to all of us to hold up our own to proper conduct; no matter where we live.

Surely his post is made in jest

At least I hope so.

The evidence against this 'holy man' and his financial activities seems to be so damning, one wonders if it will lead to extradition should he decide to stay put in France.

Couple his thirst for jet-setting with his apparent lust for the 'gals', you've got to ask, why/how has he gone so untouched/noticed till now? The general opinions of people of faith is one of decency and devotion to religion yet this one man has and will continue to drag Thai Buddhism and all it stands for through the sh*te for a long time. Many Thais were already disillusioned but the faith he 'practises'. This will no doubt fuel their doubts even further and the longer this 'shower' continues to rain, the more Thais will wonder why they donate and visit the temples.

The pic this morning on the BP is the head abbot of his congregation heading into the courthouse, looking all agitated. He claims that the monk is a disgrace etc etc.

I would tend to think the abbot would have had to known what was going on.

• Like 1

Couple his thirst for jet-setting with his apparent lust for the 'gals', you've got to ask, why/how has he gone so untouched/noticed till now? T

People tend not to notice anything when they crawl over the floor face down

• Like 1