"Western" bike shop in Sukhothai/Chiang Mai? Need rim tape.

blorg

Anyone know if there is anywhere that does western/expensive bike stuff in Sukhothai (preferable, where I am now) or have a recommendation for Chiang Mai? (Where I'll be in a few days.)

I just need some new rim tape for a 700C wheel, I keep getting punctures on the inside and think that must be it; I've actually changed the tyre and tube so it's not that.

My guesthouse here has no idea and I've gone to the two shops listed on BikeInThailand (LA and another local one) and neither of them have it, amazingly. There was a huge bike shop in Kampaeng Phet stocked to the rafters with expensive bikes, Zipp wheels and so on so surely there must be something here?

In Chiang Mai, I bought Velox cloth rim tape at Spin Bike a few months ago. The shop is about 8 kms south of the city on Canal Road in the Mae Hia / Hang Dong area, near the Night Safari. Jacky Bike and VeloCity are well stocked and should carry it. Both are on the west side of town in the Nimmanhaemin area.

Sorry I can't help you with Sukothai.

The only half decent shop in Sukhothai is the LA Bicycle shop.

It is in the main town not far from the night market and the bridge near chopper bar.

Head past chopper on the right go over the bridge, go past the big temple on the left and it is just before the traffic lights on the right hand side a yellow sign saying LA Bicycle is outside can't miss it.

:D;):D

Edit. Read that you have been missed that on the first read.

Chiang Mai it is then as I am 100% no more decent shops.

Edited by jambco984