Being bumped up to Gold Status on Thai. Has this happened to anyone else?

samran

Quite by surprise I found a gold card in the mail box and a letter informing me of my new status.

The thing was I was still 5000 points short of qualifying and hadn't made enough sectors. But Thai had credited 5000 points and got me over the line.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and perhaps why this happens (not that I'm complaining).

Cheers for that. Problem is though, I was still 4800 points short of the 80,000miles qualifying and hadn't flown 40 sectors. The account statement just shows 5000 points credited.

I guess Thai are in a giving mood as I also get a free business upgrade!

I just had my platinum renewed for an extra 12 months and probably had about a 10% qualification for renewal.

My guess Thai are trying to keep customers with sweet talk.

My take, do not look a gift horse in the mouth as it may have bad breath.

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers for that. Problem is though, I was still 4800 points short of the 80,000miles qualifying and hadn't flown 40 sectors. The account statement just shows 5000 points credited.

I guess Thai are in a giving mood as I also get a free business upgrade!

In the past when I had qualified for Gold Status with TG I also received a free upgrade certificate and one business class voucher to certain destinations.

Did you also get those?

Just wondering as I'm not far off attaining Gold Status again.

It's not just Thai, I got an unexpected upgrade to Gold with Kingfisher.

No alcohol in the lounges on domestic but comfy seating and many are were just fenced off areas of the regular lounges where you could buy beer.

I do miss the Kingfisher crew, Indian Airlines is your mum in a saree, Kingfisher was Bollywood babes in short red skirts :P

• Like 1

No alcohol in the lounges on domestic but comfy seating and many are were just fenced off areas of the regular lounges where you could buy beer.

I do miss the Kingfisher crew, Indian Airlines is your mum in a saree, Kingfisher was Bollywood babes in short red skirts tongue.png

Thanks, that gave me the mental image, of a Bollywood-style flight-safety announcement, with full over-the-top dance & song ! laugh.png

I do miss the Kingfisher crew, Indian Airlines is your mum in a saree, Kingfisher was Bollywood babes in short red skirts tongue.png

Can vouch for the 'Bollywood babes' comment.

I was staying at the landmark Hotel in Ahmedabad a few years back. Had the pleasure of sharing a lift with three of the Kingfisher girls. With the lift in the Landmark being very small, four persons was a nice fit!!

Being Gujarat, pleasant memories of my many trips to that state are few and far between so that 'coming together' is easily remembered!

I don't mind Thai. They have really good leg room in economy where I usually fly (I work for myself) and that is important for 8 to 10 hours. They are punctual, have a TV in seats and the food is edible. The rest is just for show.

Plus I'm hooked into the Thai AMEX points programme, which turbo charges my points balance. Means I get about one or two trips to Australia per year out of normal spending on the card and putting my business expenses through.

All things considered, a good deal.