Big C - Kalasin

Totster

What is the location? Could be handy as I already use Tesco sometimes, but find the Kalasin branch isn't as good as some of the bigger stores. Of course, if you are somewhere to the west near the 213, Mahasarakham has a Big C as well. Incidentally I have often bought potatoes in the Thai markets in Kalasin, Yang Talat, Kantarawichai, Kamrieng etc, though admittedly there are times when they don't have any.

Edited by citizen33

If you head out of Kalasin on the Somdet Road (towards Somdet, which I think is called Thinanon) it's just before the intersection with the 213 on the left after the university.

totster smile.png

Edited by Totster

Thanks. It must be near the golf driving range,

Closer into town and on the other side of the road as you drive out of town... It is located between the Toyota Dealership and the College, and on the Toyota Dealership side of the road... Can't really miss it as they have had the Big sign up for almost 2 months now...

Pianoman

• 3 weeks later...

Went there today. Better food department than Tesco Lotus, I think. More bread, more meat, like tenderloin and rib eye. Maybe

more wine to choose from too. And they had Carlsberg beer, brewed in Laos!

Went there today. Better food department than Tesco Lotus, I think. More bread, more meat, like tenderloin and rib eye. Maybe

Daughter said it was rammed in there today, I'll pop in next week sometime I think, let the excitement calm down.

How much was the Carlsberg out of interest?

totster :)

I believe Carlsberg is brewed in Vietnam not Laos.

Daughter said it was rammed in there today, I'll pop in next week sometime I think, let the excitement calm down.

Carlsberg is around 850 baht if I remember right for 24 cans 330 ml.

post-118612-13752640121747_thumb.jpg

I've always got a few in the fridge now,bored of Leo and Singha.

Haha, it's always like that when they opem a shop. Now wait for the shelves get emptied over the time of a few weeks and not restocked .

Well, on the bottle I could read: Brewed in Vientiane, Laos. I saw only bottles, two sizes.

Well, on the bottle I could read: Brewed in Vientiane, Laos. I saw only bottles, two sizes.

Then I stand corrected,I know all the cans I've had are from Vietnam,maybe they only bottle it in Laos then.

Then I stand corrected,I know all the cans I've had are from Vietnam,maybe they only bottle it in Laos then.

http://www.carlsberggroup.com/Markets/asia/Pages/Laos.aspx

totster smile.png

I`m not sure, not too expensive I think. Did not buy anything today. Too many people! I think I`ll go back on friday.

totster smile.png

66 baht for a large (64 cl) and 39 for a small (33 cl)

totster smile.png

66 baht for a large (64 cl) and 39 for a small (33 cl)

Cheers, I relented and popped in yesterday, pandemonium !

totster smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Went there last Saturday (Aug.10) what a Zoo. It was like going to a plaza in Canada the Saturday before Christmas. The parking lot was bumber to bumber. I wasn't impressed, I didn't see anything that I couldn't get at Tesco. It has another KFC. Kalasin now has three KFCs, why doesn't someone put in a McDonalds? I would think it would do well.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Went there last Saturday (Aug.10) what a Zoo. It was like going to a plaza in Canada the Saturday before Christmas. The parking lot was bumber to bumber. I wasn't impressed, I didn't see anything that I couldn't get at Tesco. It has another KFC. Kalasin now has three KFCs, why doesn't someone put in a McDonalds? I would think it would do well.

George, shortly after the anouncement that Big C was going to built, there was an "Accidental Fire" at the KFC in the Plaza, and it was distroyed.... So, there still only 2 KFC's in Kalasin, but that is still one too many, and I totally agree with the idea of a McDonald's for Kalasin, but I do not think that it will ever happen...

Pianoman

I didn't know about the accidental fire. How is Big C affecting the Plaza? Tesco didn't seem to affect it much. So Kalasin now has three Mister Donuts (none any good) three sukiyaki places and a piza company and swansens, but no hamburger place. Paul with all your money you should start a McDonald's (just kidding)

I didn't know about the accidental fire. How is Big C affecting the Plaza? Tesco didn't seem to affect it much. So Kalasin now has three Mister Donuts (none any good) three sukiyaki places and a piza company and swansens, but no hamburger place. Paul with all your money you should start a McDonald's (just kidding)

The reason that I still have "all my money", is that I have always stayed away from investing in what I consider "Loosing" ventures..., A Mc D in Kalasin, although I would enjoy having such, it would definetely not be a profitable venture....

Pianoman

I was there on that Saturday also, had to park out on the main road - walking round Big C that day was a thoroughly unenjoyable experience. Couldn't even go up one aisle as the Thai's were panic buying cooking oil (was reduced).

Anyway, went back on Wednesday and it was great, hardly anyone around and I could peruse the goods at my own leisure, I shall definitely go in the week for the time being until the novelty wears off at the weekends.

I would have liked a Mcdonalds, I think it would have turned a profit, the one in KK seems to do well.

I was there on that Saturday also, had to park out on the main road - walking round Big C that day was a thoroughly unenjoyable experience. Couldn't even go up one aisle as the Thai's were panic buying cooking oil (was reduced).

Anyway, went back on Wednesday and it was great, hardly anyone around and I could peruse the goods at my own leisure, I shall definitely go in the week for the time being until the novelty wears off at the weekends.

I would have liked a Mcdonalds, I think it would have turned a profit, the one in KK seems to do well.

totster smile.png

Many times have been in the Mc D at the new mall in Khon Kaen for lunch mid week and found the place almost empty... Not sure about how busy they are in the evenings, but they are defintely not making money on their mid-week Lunch trade...

Pianoman

Remember McD is a franchise and I believe McD charge a hell of a lot more for the franchise than the other business's do. Not only that but where there is a gold shop then a Thai will open another, where there is a hair salon then a Thai will open another so how can you expect someone to open a McD if there is'nt one there already....lol

HL biggrin.png