Three Tourists caught-up in “under-the-bed” massage scam in Pattaya

Rimmer

indians are so cheap and they always bargain, I kind of am happy that this is happening, probably they arranged the 100 bht sessions and that is why I approve it, sadly the ladyboy did not find any money in their pants

Very dumb post. the dumbest......so we promote theft and scam now because of the nationality involved? Thought Thailand already exposes enough of that share. Indians have a certain fame but several other nationalities too. It's Pattaya creating the attraction for cheap tourist. And a lousy ladyboy who will go from pickpocketing to worse?

No, we promote common sense and logic. If the going rate is 500 but she agrees to go for 100, it is the buyer who is an idiot.

NO different to idiots "buying" diamonds from the street sellers for 1/100 of the real price.and then screaming scam

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit this, but something similar happened to me way, way back when, in the Philippines.. but this was a small hidden door in the wall next to the peg where I hung my trousers. It took a Philipino cop friend to show me the trick door. whistling.gif

When I was down in Lamai 18 months back I decided to have a thai massage after I'd just come out of the gym near the bridge there...the girl told me to put my wallet and valuables in a tray and then I laid it down next to the curtains.When I went to pay there was nothing in my wallet..zilch!Only person it could have been was the thai guy on the desk...he must have slid the tray from under the curtain and ratted my wallet when I was being massaged!I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even a happy ending one..1000baht nicked..the cunning bast..rds!!!

I hate to admit this, but something similar happened to me way, way back when, in the Philippines.. but this was a small hidden door in the wall next to the peg where I hung my trousers. It took a Philipino cop friend to show me the trick door. Posted Image

Come on, give us the rest if the juicy details. :)

A monster under the bed would not be as scary as that thing !!!!

I can remember as a child, my mother reading to me a Norwegian story called "The Three Billy Goats Gruff". They each had to cross over a bridge under which was hidden a troll (for pictures "click" below):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=three+billy+goats+gruff&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CAJZu1PVF0FVKUM%3A

Once I had learnt to read for myself I would often start the story, as I lay in bed, but could not finish it. The thought of the troll under the bridge, and so in my imagination under my bed, was just too scary.

But you're right lee b, the thought of a ladyboy under my bed .... Brrrr ...shiver me timbers!

What does the thought of a ladyboy reaching up from under the bed and groping you while you are asleep do to your timbers?

As far as the scam goes, maybe an extra hand from under the bed might have come in handy for the gals to speed things along.

Edited by MaxYakov

Three Indian Tourists were involved in an “under-the-bed” massage scam early on Monday Morning which resulted in the theft of money by a Ladyboy hidden underneath a bed used during the massage scam.

What an idiot fellow... fly from India just for fun... go get married.

Ha ha haa that's probably why they are there...they are probably married!

Like what I said in my some other post, Thai girls are an EYE POPPING experience for Indian guys, even though they are married... LOL

• Like 1

I hate to admit this, but something similar happened to me way, way back when, in the Philippines.. but this was a small hidden door in the wall next to the peg where I hung my trousers. It took a Philipino cop friend to show me the trick door. whistling.gif

Was he wearing a rubber suit when he told you about the trick door

Note to self: look under bed ... w00t.gif

And then allow your clothes to be thrown on the floor? Rule of thumb is to put everything in the front pants pockets, then hang the pants with the front pockets to the wall and hang the shirt over the pants. Unless of course you were raised in a barn and drop your clothes on the floor and think nothing of it.

• Like 1

indians are so cheap and they always bargain, I kind of am happy that this is happening, probably they arranged the 100 bht sessions and that is why I approve it, sadly the ladyboy did not find any money in their pants

So, you are putting all eggs in one basket... LOL cheesy.gif

You have to give the Indians credit for reporting this to the BiB, they could have lost face and just said "at least we didn't die, lets keep this to ourselves".

That is most likely because they were upset they did not get good massage so wanted their 100 baht back, just like an Iranian not so long ago, who made a 15 year old his GF, bought her a phone but few days later went to file a report that he wanted the phone back because she was not keeping up her end of the bargain.

...they go in numbers for protection.......and rightly so.....

....the problem is....they have no idea 'what' they are dealing with........

....in Thailand...it is a 'national pastime'...looked upon as a skill or virtue...to be able to...lie to...cheat. or s...teal from...a foreigner.....

• Like 1

Somebody once told me "You may learn to speak Thai but you will never learn to think Thai". How do you say in Thai " OK, you bring them back here and I will hide under the bed and ........" ????? 555555555 How does one think this stuff up?? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

So, this pretty "girl" proposes that we go back to a room together with my two friends and all three of us lie on the same bed to get a "memorable massage". Hmmmmm, I have never done this kind of thing before but hey, I know Babu and Ishtar pretty well and we are pretty good friends and I haven't had a "massage" in quite some time so .........

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

When I was down in Lamai 18 months back I decided to have a thai massage after I'd just come out of the gym near the bridge there...the girl told me to put my wallet and valuables in a tray and then I laid it down next to the curtains.When I went to pay there was nothing in my wallet..zilch!Only person it could have been was the thai guy on the desk...he must have slid the tray from under the curtain and ratted my wallet when I was being massaged!I wouldn't mind but it wasn't even a happy ending one..1000baht nicked..the cunning bast..rds!!!

So did you then cop a beating because you couldn't pay for the massage or was that up front?

That's what happens when these Indian chappies try to get more bang for their bucks by getting a group discount from the one Coconut Girl.

Bigotry much? Are you suggesting that only Indians are targeted . . . oh, and there were three girls, not just one - but don't let the facts get in the way of your phantasies

(Well, three girls plus the added extra under the bed)

This begs the unsavory question as to the happy ending lying there like sardines . . . bah.gif

Since we are being picky were they all really girls?

They (Indians) are picked on because they are naive and generally non-confrontational.

The other major groups in Pattaya, Russian and Chinese, don't really go for this sort of thing.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

So did you then cop a beating because you couldn't pay for the massage or was that up front?

No I paid them the next day as they knew I went to the gym on the corner there and walked past there...now whenever I have a massage I stick my valuables under the pillow..you live and you learn!!

I like how these Indian blokes like to party together. Very charming!

Well, since some of them have been known to order one beer in a bar beer and share it, it only makes sense, no?

Gotta hand it to the perpetrators involved to have hit on how to turn this "we share" tendency into a profitable opportunity instead.

I like how these Indian blokes like to party together. Very charming!

Well, since some of them have been known to order one beer in a bar beer and share it, it only makes sense, no?

Please don't spoil the fantasy for me ...