Hang Dong; things to see + wednesday market opening time

wixcm

Hi, i plan to visit Hang Dong this wednesday and wondered if anyone knew about the place and what to do and see there for the day, like surrounding countryside, farming, beauty spots, hot springs etc. I'd like to go see the market too at i think, Kad farang? and wondered what time it starts? Any info on hang dong would be appreciated...

You can check out Royal Floral drive up to the temple behind it very nice view . Then there is Bantawi also a wood carving museum south on hwy 108 almost to Sanpatong . Lots of neat things to see here .....

After the temple keep going past Doi Kham Resort, keep heading left and within a km or 2 there's very nice coffee shop/cafe on your left,(closed16 & 17 every month) rainforest setting complete with stream and yet another coffee stop with Thai food half a km further on your right next to a waterfall. Owners soon to open an art gallery on site.

You can check out Royal Floral drive up to the temple behind it very nice view . Then there is Bantawi also a wood carving museum south on hwy 108 almost to Sanpatong . Lots of neat things to see here .....

Royal Flora, had some guests we took there last week,they were charged THB100 to enter.

We went on the "bus" for THB 20 a head. Nearly all the roads were shut for repair, "bus" journey lasted all of 7 minutes.

With the dual pricing and the ongoing repairs and nothing new to see it is off the itinerary for the time being.

They were impressed withe Royal Pavillion but that was it.

Many thanks for all the options and road updates too, i have a few things to check out before the flea market in the evening and journey back home... thanks for your replies

There is nothing in Hang Dong worth seeing or visiting that I know of.

It`s just an area that people pass through when on route to somewhere else.

rolleyes.gif

Except that Ob Khan Gorge & National Park is in Hang Dong. And a part of Doi Suthep-Pui NP, with several waterfalls and trails, and resorts on the Samoeng Road. And the Night Safari / Royal Flora. And Ban Thawai for wood carving, handicrafts and furniture. And that 'Canyon' restaurant off the Canal Road.

That sums you up exactly BJ. Take you out of Loi Kroh Rd and you are totally lost laugh.png
  • Like 2

That sums you up exactly BJ. Take you out of Loi Kroh Rd and you are totally lost laugh.png

Really.. I kind of wonder how he feels about Loi Kroh.. Maybe some day we'll get it out of him.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Hang Dong Home to some of the cleanest and quietest villages in Northern Thailand. The Baan Thawai tourist trap will take about a half hour to browse. Some things of great artistic worth but mostly the things tourists pack into suitcases to take home.

God - half a day looking at wood carvings would make me want to carve a hole through my chest to remove my beating heart to end the agony.

Royal flora - some people might enjoy it but I can't get into it. How many times can you say "wow more freakin flowers - yay" before you just go postal.

Op Khan National Park is pretty nice. Though I recall hearing that there was something dangerous there - I think either a drownings or snakes - but whichever it was, I heard it was more than one time.

Night Safari is something I have always wondered about by never went, so that could be another option (assumable in the evening ofc).

Other than that, I would have to agree with this:

God - half a day looking at wood carvings would make me want to carve a hole through my chest to remove my beating heart to end the agony.

Royal flora - some people might enjoy it but I can't get into it. How many times can you say "wow more freakin flowers - yay" before you just go postal.

Op Khan National Park is pretty nice. Though I recall hearing that there was something dangerous there - I think either a drownings or snakes - but whichever it was, I heard it was more than one time.

Night Safari is something I have always wondered about by never went, so that could be another option (assumable in the evening ofc).

Different strokes for different folks. I wandered around all the shops for about 3 hours and watched artists work, but then I enjoy watching craftsmen. I also came home with a carving I liked and would not be able to purchase in Canada. Beetlejuice said there is nothing to do. Winnie the Kwai disagreed. I enjoy a walk or a hike in the forest while others prefer to guzzle beer all day. I enjoy going on long motorbike rides whereas others are too frightened to do so.

The question wasn't what you or I like to do so much as the various options near Hang Dong.

• Like 2

Different strokes for different folks. I wandered around all the shops for about 3 hours and watched artists work, but then I enjoy watching craftsmen. I also came home with a carving I liked and would not be able to purchase in Canada. Beetlejuice said there is nothing to do. Winnie the Kwai disagreed. I enjoy a walk or a hike in the forest while others prefer to guzzle beer all day. I enjoy going on long motorbike rides whereas others are too frightened to do so.

The question wasn't what you or I like to do so much as the various options near Hang Dong.

Why is it that women are so much more intelligent than we are?

We bought 6 month passes to the Night Safari. We live only 7 km away. We prefer and hour before dusk to the night. Hint: A one time ticket costs 800. The 6 month pass 500 baht. You do the math.

Why is it that women are so much more intelligent than we are?

Because we taught them far too well !