Rental Contract For Non Immigrant "O"

Due to my job which will keep me away from Thailand very often for at least 1 year, a friend of mine asked me the possibility of renting for 12 months the condo where I live that I personally own. He’s retired and in the process of applying for a NON IMMIGRANT “O” which, among all the documents, requires copy of the rental agreement, ID of the owner (my passport) and copy of house book (tabien baan). Would this documents be allowed for me to produce or is there any chance that I could get into trouble ? Thanks for any feedback and glad to hear feedbacks from any farang who actually did it.

Edited by metisdead
Topic title edited to remove all caps as it is bad netiquette.

It largely depends on the nationality of your friend.

If he is British ,for example,then the items on your list are irrelevant.

Therefore ,what is his /her nationality?

Hi, thanks for yr post. He is Australian

This in truth is a question for the Visa section of Thai Visa

If your friend is over 50 then he/she maybe eligible as a retiree.

Other than that he must show evidence that he is visiting family.

This website

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/country/a/australia

explains more

This in truth is a question for the Visa section of Thai Visa

If your friend is over 50 then he/she maybe eligible as a retiree.

Other than that he must show evidence that he is visiting family.

This website

http://www.thaiconsulatesydney.org/country/a/australia

explains more

the issue here is not the visa of my Australian friend but me, as owner of the condo, perhaps not allowed to issue the rental contract in my own name as the lessor. Maybe it is not clear in my topic

As I understand it ,if you wish to rent out your condo for 12 months -you rent it out.

Many Farang enter such agreements with no paperwork what so ever.

Its a simple arrangement between you and your friend.

Ultimately you are responsible for any un -paid utility bills

Who is asking for all these documents?

As I understand it ,if you wish to rent out your condo for 12 months -you rent it out.

The immigration in order to issue the retirement visa for him. They want written contract, ID proof of condo owner and copy of my house registration book.

The immigration in order to issue the retirement visa for him. They want written contract, ID proof of condo owner and copy of my house registration book.

Your friend ,as part of the process for a retirement visa, has to produce proof that he has somewhere to live.

Suggest that you comply.

It can be no problem to you.

The contract will have to be written in Thai.

The house book (typically Yellow for a Farang) must have your name in it.

There is nothing sinister going on.

If you look on the Thai consulate Hull UK website -you will see that they allow UK Farang aged over 50 to obtain an 'O' . Proof of income is required. Your friend only needs an 'O' for 12 months.

A retirement visa is extended from the 'O'

Why is he seeking a retirement visa? Possibly Thai consulate Oz,work under different rules.

Suggest that you or your friend fully understand the conditions such that a 12 month stay can be achieved -with min. cost and effort.

This of course is a topic for a different Blog.

Your friend ,as part of the process for  a retirement  visa, has to produce proof that he has somewhere to live.

Suggest that you comply.

If you look on the Thai consulate Hull UK website -you will see that they allow UK  Farang aged over 50 to obtain an 'O'  . Proof of income is required. Your friend only needs an 'O' for 12 months.

Why is he seeking a retirement visa? Possibly Thai consulate Oz,work under different rules.

Suggest that you or your friend fully understand the conditions such that a 12  month stay can be achieved -with min. cost and effort.

This of course is  a topic for a different Blog.

Thanks. I have blue book, not yellow. My concern is that immigration might ask a work permit or forbid condo rental where the lessor is not thai.

Your friend ,as part of the process for a retirement visa, has to produce proof that he has somewhere to live.

Suggest that you comply.

If you look on the Thai consulate Hull UK website -you will see that they allow UK Farang aged over 50 to obtain an 'O' . Proof of income is required. Your friend only needs an 'O' for 12 months.

Suggest that you or your friend fully understand the conditions such that a 12 month stay can be achieved -with min. cost and effort.

This of course is a topic for a different Blog.

Thanks. I have blue book, not yellow. My concern is that immigration might ask a work permit or forbid condo rental where the lessor is not thai.

I am not an expert on work permit rulings. Renting out a room ,however,does not take work away from a Thai.

Your name ,I think,will have to be in the Blue book-if your local city hall allows this. Mine is written on the inside of the cover -Farang name on the main pages is prohibited.

Your friend ,as part of the process for  a retirement  visa, has to produce proof that he has somewhere to live.

Suggest that you comply.

If you look on the Thai consulate Hull UK website -you will see that they allow UK  Farang aged over 50 to obtain an 'O'  . Proof of income is required. Your friend only needs an 'O' for 12 months.

Suggest that you or your friend fully understand the conditions such that a 12  month stay can be achieved -with min. cost and effort.

This of course is  a topic for a different Blog.

I am not an expert on work permit rulings. Renting out a room ,however,does not take work away from a Thai.

Your name ,I think,will have to be in the Blue book-if your local city hall allows this. Mine is written on the inside of the cover -Farang name on the main pages is prohibited.

That's true but there might be other reasons related to the revenue department ?

CEKIPA

Don't forget 15% withholding tax is payable on the rent and the owner has a responsibility to inform Immigration Police of any ferang staying on his/her premises, just 2 things to consider. In my experience to obtain a retirement visa /extension of stay In Pattaya at least a Lease contract written in English is fine.

BW.

Edited by bigwilly