New bike keys with no green book?

So the story goes, i left my ex girlfriend on good terms. i also left my Honda click with her as she agreed to forward it on to me in Chiang mai once i had address. Now she's found out that i have a new girlfriend and surprise surprise she's decided to not send the bike.

So, i know the bike is locked where i left it under my ex's apartment. However the keys are with my ex along with the green book. Will the local bike mechanic be able to sell me a new key even though i don't have the green book? He does know mw and he will recognise its my bike...

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Whose name is in the green book ?

Yeah that is important. If the bike is in her name, then it's her bike now. Sorry, nothing can be done about this.

Your bigger problem is it's doubtful you will ever see the book again regardless, which will be expensive to replace even if you do get the bike.

But if it's in your name, and it sounds like it is, then of course you can get keys made for your bike. Do you have a copy of the book? If so you should be able to get a new key from the dealer. But if she doesn't want to give you the bike (or the book), it may end up requiring you to go there to get it with a local BIB in tow less 500B or so. Of course then the story on the book will be "No hab." and you will be looking at a very expensive replacement process.

Good luck.

Not mine, so can't go to the police. I know, schoolboy error.

Ah ok. You're screwed then. At least it sounds like not hers either, otherwise she could report it stolen when you come get it and there is an even bigger headache.

Forget about the bike. Consider is an education expense. At least it's a Honda Click and not a Ducati Panigale. :)

• Like 1

So you want to steal the motorbike from it's legal owner.

No, my friend who left the country in a rush is the legal owner. I got it from him. Not my ex.

No, my friend who left the country in a rush is the legal owner. I got it from him. Not my ex.
Perhaps you should pay her a visit, both get drunk, reminisce about old times etc She might just give you the book and key. It's in your friends name and not hers, so if somehow you did take it, she couldn't do much about it.(legally)

If the sweet talk doesn't work, you may have to just forget about it, at least until your friend comes back. Just be careful, you know what they say about a woman scorned.

• Like 1

No matter how you lay down the story the bike is NOT in your name so you have zero claim to it.

Edited by Spoonman

Spoonman-

Guess you re read the OP then edited you post right? What story am i laying down? A simple question...

Obviously not straight with us with your OP, now it was your mates scooter..............................

I await the next twist to the tale.

So, if your mate that owns the bike isn't in the country it would still be difficult to get it registered in your name as the legal owner, being a farang, has to have a current visa to transfer the bike to you....which means he needs to be here, not somewhere else!

But it looks like your not getting possession anytime soon anyway!

heheheh reminds me of a friend who put his bike in the girlfriends name dumb mistake, when ever she sees him with another girl she comes and gets her bike after a month or so he will go ask her for it back, she says ok no problem. Then it repeats after a few months.

heheheh reminds me of a friend who put his bike in the girlfriends name dumb mistake, when ever she sees him with another girl she comes and gets her bike after a month or so he will go ask her for it back, she says ok no problem. Then it repeats after a few months.

Well on a cheap scoot sounds like your mate is not so dumb after all, if you read between the lines so to speak. laugh.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

my ex still has a scooter of mine, she gave it to her mum when we broke up even though the greenbook is in my name, i put it down as a loss, sometimes it really isn't worth the hassle although i did try for a while!

my ex still has a scooter of mine, she gave it to her mum when we broke up even though the greenbook is in my name, i put it down as a loss, sometimes it really isn't worth the hassle although i did try for a while!

There is a very simple solution to your problem - go to police - you're the legal owner, there was no need to try it for a while.