Visa Runs by Air Only

Hello All,

Quick question, how many Visa on Arrivals am I permitted traveling by air ? I realise it's 30 day permission with each entry and 15 by land.

I'm fortunate I get greatly reduced fares on Star Alliance airlines as an airline employee and would like to spend a couple of months in Thailand, I'm aware of tourist visas and land visa runs I don't mind doing a monthly flight to KUL or SIN as the cost is almost free and I like airports and airport food Lol.

Will I be stopped after two or three?

Cheers

Todd

Thank you for your quick reply, I wasn't sure if they would question a monthly run with no layover and a quick turnaround back into Thailand.

I would like to spend possiblly 3 to 4 months whilst on leave.

Again thank you.

Todd

This doesn't mean that the land-crossings are unlimited too. Right?

Land crossings are also, at least theoretically, unlimited, but obviously you need to do twice as many.

After three or four immigration officers start to ask questions, doesn't seem to happen at the airports.

Thank you for your quick reply, I wasn't sure if they would question a monthly run with no layover and a quick turnaround back into Thailand.

I would like to spend possiblly 3 to 4 months whilst on leave.

Again thank you.

Todd

You could save a little money by getting a 60 day tourist visa at one of the nearby embassies or consulates. It would only be an overnight stay (apply morning and get back next afternoon) to get one dependent upon what time your flight arrives.

A single entry would give you a total of 90 days by getting a 30 day extension of stay at immigration.

Edited by ubonjoe