Snowden agrees to asylum in Venezuela: Russian lawmaker

webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny thing though what he said in his email. 'Many ordinary Americans are getting increasingly concerned about Obama's invasion into their lives'.

Wasn't expecting to hear that.

Maybe some of this dissatisfaction is about a troubled USA which goes beyond the Snowden thing?

(PS. My brother is as straight as a dye. that's why he does what he does. Class act.)

Your brother sounds like a bright and observant man. Maybe you should make some room in your reasoning for what he's telling you.

funny thing though what he said in his email. 'Many ordinary Americans are getting increasingly concerned about Obama's invasion into their lives'.

Maybe some of this dissatisfaction is about a troubled USA which goes beyond the Snowden thing?

(PS. My brother is as straight as a dye. that's why he does what he does. Class act.)

Dont worry, one terrorist incident will swing those people around.

Wishful thinking? If you're not just making a joke in poor taste, then I'd say you've lost your perspective:

http://thinkbynumbers.org/anti-terrorism-spending-disproportionate-to-threat/

Being struck by a terrorist doesn't figure into the top 100 things I worry about in any given day.

Wishful thinking? If you're not just making a joke in poor taste, then I'd say you've lost your perspective:

http://thinkbynumbers.org/anti-terrorism-spending-disproportionate-to-threat/

Being struck by a terrorist doesn't figure into the top 100 things I worry about in any given day.

Point taken.

However the figures would be very different if you didn't have to go through security checks at every airport in every country in the world.

I wouldn't fancy getting on any plane where there's no security, would you?

Pan Am Flight 103 cost the world a lot of money,.... apart from the disgraceful loss of life to innocent people.

On an asylum matter, I just read this article

Kremlin says decision on asylum for Snowden not up to Putin

Link to article

blink.png

If you believe that, Let me sell you a bridge, CHEAPwhistling.gif

I am seeing more of an airport lobby in Snowden's future. Must suck to be him about now.

Single Pot. Yes, I am afraid it goes much deeper than Snowden.

UPDATE:
Russia may naturalize Snowden - Migration Service Council head

MOSCOW: -- Former CIA employee Edward Snowden may become a Russian citizen if he wishes to do so, Federal Migration Service (FMS) Public Council head Vladimir Volokh said.

"He may apply for Russian citizenship after he obtains temporary asylum and refugee status. Snowden will qualify for a shorter naturalization period in a refugee capacity; if I am not mistaken this period is three years," said Volokh, former deputy head of the Federal Migration Service.

He also said that Snowden could not be extradited to the United States because he had officially applied for temporary asylum.

"International conventions signed by Russia and other legal documents prohibit the transfer of a foreign citizen to a country in which he may be in danger," the Public Council head remarked.

"In addition, Snowden qualifies for international protection. The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should assist in this procedure," he said.

Full story: http://english.ruvr.ru/news/2013_07_17/Russia-may-naturalize-Snowden-Migration-Service-Council-head-3763/

-- THE VOICE OF RUSSIA 2013-07-17

UPDATE:

Russia may naturalize Snowden - Migration Service Council head

MOSCOW: -- Former CIA employee Edward Snowden may become a Russian citizen if he wishes to do so, Federal Migration Service (FMS) Public Council head Vladimir Volokh said

That will be a huge relief to Snowden. Russian governments are notoriously lenient on citizens who reveal state secrets.

Snowden needs to stop letting these Wikileaks folk manipulate him, it's obvious he is loathed by many in the US.

If he really wants to get back in their good books, he needs to go and shoot a black kid.

I hope he wont find Russian winters that long .... its very hard to live in Moscow if you dont have enough money.

He already survived in Russia on asylum, surely he will survive in winters indeed on govt. aids.

Snowden may leave Moscow airport within few days - lawyer

MOSCOW. July 17 (Interfax) - Former CIA employee Edward Snowden may leave the transit zone of Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport within the next few days, lawyer Anatoly Kucherena, who has been providing legal advice to Snowden, told Interfax on Wednesday.

"The granting of temporary asylum to him will take no longer than one week. I think he will be able to leave Sheremetyevo's transit zone within the next few days," Kucherena said.

va cm

(Our editorial staff can be reached at [email protected])

http://interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=430983

Wife stuck in Moscow right now and friend's husband she is staying with in Moscow works for government. Apparently, he was jokingly saying Putin has clamps on Snowden's communication and ability to go anywhere. Putin was supposedly to meet with John Kerry recently and he made Kerry wait over 3 hours in a small room for the meeting purely to show his disrespect for Kerry and the US. Ultimate shun and Putin at the moment has absolute contempt for US. Nice. Nah, Putin would not use Snowden to extract and gain access to whatever information he has and tell US whatever he wants us to hear. He jacked Kerry around to his face . . .

Long story short, Snowden apparently ain't going no where until Putin says so and this may be why other countries are acting so wishy washy about asylum process.

interesting to hear this.

China has absolute contempt for the US too.

Maybe nothing's changed since the Cold War apart from the Russians and Chinese finding some money.

the Chinese Dream is at the expense of the American Dream.

Don't know too much about the USSR apart from the fact they used to be communist and now they are nouveau riche.

Obama's got a handful.

Edited by SinglePot

interesting to hear this.

China has absolute contempt for the US too.

Maybe nothing's changed since the Cold War apart from the Russians and Chinese finding some money.

the Chinese Dream is at the expense of the American Dream.

Don't know too much about the USSR apart from the fact they used to be communist and now they are nouveau riche.

Obama's got a handful.

I was a bit surprised, especially by the slap in the face to Kerry who is effectively an extension of Bama. Reflect real weakness on US and anyone with balls (such as Putin had tables been turned) would have left after 15 minutes. Same with asylum game and Snowden sitting in Russia with US spy intel, Putin will be defiant and play games with US and Snowden's asylum efforts just because can.

Putin knows he is dealing with a spineless regime and he is a former KGB spy with a brawler mentality. The KGB mentality will exploit poor Snowden and he will continue to play games with US administration about Asylum, information possessed by Snowden and where Snowden is. Doubt he has been at airport this entire time (no one saw him there) and everything Snowden does or says at this point will be filtered, controlled by and approved by Putin.

Putin apparently dictating Snowden's movement, asylum requests and information to shun Bama who takes it like a b**ch, says nothing, does nothing and will do nothing . . . except focus resources on on stuff like Zimmerman.

Wife stuck in Moscow right now and friend's husband she is staying with in Moscow works for government. Apparently, he was jokingly saying Putin has clamps on Snowden's communication and ability to go anywhere. Putin was supposedly to meet with John Kerry recently and he made Kerry wait over 3 hours in a small room for the meeting purely to show his disrespect for Kerry and the US. Ultimate shun and Putin at the moment has absolute contempt for US. Nice. Nah, Putin would not use Snowden to extract and gain access to whatever information he has and tell US whatever he wants us to hear. He jacked Kerry around to his face . . .

Long story short, Snowden apparently ain't going no where until Putin says so and this may be why other countries are acting so wishy washy about asylum process.

LOL. Does the US government often discuss the Snowden affair with your wife ?

• Like 1

I don't know about Russia but I'll tell you what I know about China.

They see the US as weak.

All this democracy nonsense.

They are a dictatorship. Bullies.

Don't know much about China except economically, but I am learning much about Russia being married to one and with many friends from there. Different mentality and very hardened approach to everything. US is all about finesse. Russian is in your face with no excuses for its actions.

People on the ground can sometimes see much more clearly than the politicians jbrain.

They see the US as weak.

Don't know much about China except economically, but I am learning much about Russia being married to one and with many friends from there. Different mentality and very hardened approach to everything. US is all about finesse. Russian is in your face with no excuses for its actions.

Sounds just like my experience in China.

They see the US as weak.

Well more of an oligarchy really.

Perhaps if the US want to tickle Putin's tits they should start leaking information about his personal wealth and where it has come from....

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Nonsensical question. Wife is in Russia. She is Russian. Her friend is married to government employee and is from her town in Sibera so they are Russian. Read what I wrote. He was joking about Russia screwing with Snowden and Kerry. Had nothing to do with US government.

Just Googled and found this about Kerry being made to wait 3 hours by Putin so what he was saying appears to be corroborated to some extent.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-putin-unhelpful-syria-because-cold-war_722583.html

Now if you think I am making this up for my own amusement, so be it.

They see the US as weak.

Well more of an oligarchy really.

Perhaps if the US want to tickle Putin's tits they should start leaking information about his personal wealth and where it has come from....

Russians already know that . . . Some care and some don't care. Much like partisan politics here.

Point, and counter point. Predictable.

The question is where will it lead from here?

No. Makes us look weak and childish. Kind of like a resentment, hurts us more than them. Also hurts our athletes devoting their lives to training and living their dreams more than Russia. Russia will just get more medals and know that they got to us.