Snowden agrees to asylum in Venezuela: Russian lawmaker

webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://english.ruvr.ru/news/2013_07_25/US-pushing-Russia-towards-double-standards-human-rights-violations-Kucherena-9459/

Here's the Voice of Russia version of events.

read carefully and critically I would suggest.

Good stuff. Surrounded by intelligence for his own protection and he is thankful to Russia for leaving him in a small room with no change if clothes for a month.

I wonder what Snowden would say about Russia, Putin and his lawyer if he was on a beach in South America sipping piña colada. Guess that's why he is not on the beach in South America about right now.

Edited by F430murci

Who hired Kucherena?

Kucherena is a supporter of President Vladimir V. Putin who reportedly sits on the public council of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the K.G.B. Kucherena founded the Institue of Democracy and Cooperation which has been classified as a pro-Kremlin think tank designed as an image building tooll for the Kremlin.

RE: who came up with the 21 country asylum request story? Assagne?

Kucherena: He claimed he had requested asylum in 21 countries. I then explained to him that wasn't legally possible. He can only file an asylum application in the place where he is currently located. Anything else is virtual.

Sounds like Russia may have helped shoot those down.

source?

in the interview published here http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-edward-snowden-lawyer-anatoly-kucherena-a-912884.html

Kucherena gives the same answer, but to a different question.

Several sources.

The questions were mine except where it says question.

The point is to use some common sense, logic and read between the lines. You are not exactly going to get full story from anyone and if you believe everything Kucherena says is not censored or carefully stated . . . Kucherena is not going to so anything to put Kremlin in a bad including issues of self preservation.

So what are your sources?

And could you please indicate when and where you cite a source and when you put in your own questions and modify and rewrite interviews.

@antfish

Suggest you read the Voice Of Russia version and decide for yourself what is truth and what is not.

Questioning F430s sources and interpretation are deflections.

Up to you what you believe is coming out of Russia.

Who hired Kucherena?

Kucherena is a supporter of President Vladimir V. Putin who reportedly sits on the public council of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the K.G.B. Kucherena founded the Institue of Democracy and Cooperation which has been classified as a pro-Kremlin think tank designed as an image building tooll for the Kremlin.

RE: who came up with the 21 country asylum request story? Assagne?

Kucherena: He claimed he had requested asylum in 21 countries. I then explained to him that wasn't legally possible. He can only file an asylum application in the place where he is currently located. Anything else is virtual.

Sounds like Russia may have helped shoot those down.

source?

in the interview published here http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/interview-with-edward-snowden-lawyer-anatoly-kucherena-a-912884.html

Several sources.

The point is to use some common sense, logic and read between the lines. You are not exactly going to get full story from anyone and if you believe everything Kucherena says is not censored or carefully stated . . . Kucherena is not going to so anything to put Kremlin in a bad including issues of self preservation.

And could you please indicate when and where you cite a source and when you put in your own questions and modify and rewrite interviews.

I did not rewrite interviews. Scott already deleted your bs once.

Rather than accusing me of something, would it not be more prudent to show how what I said was untrue?????

What do you disagree with?

(1) The who hired Kucherena part was not taken from any interview so not sure what you are implying there or why you quote that and say it did come from an interview.

(2) Did not Wiki, Harrison or Assange or someone report, several weeks ago, that Snowden filed for asylum in 21 countries?

(3) Did not the quote from Kucherena say this was impossible?

Rather than blab bs, why not show how something is inaccurate.

source?

Several sources.

Rather than accusing me of something, would it not be more prudent to show how what I said was untrue?????

(1) The who hired Kucherena part was not taken from any interview so not sure what you are implying there or why you quote that and say it did come from an interview.

(2) Did not Wiki, Harrison or Assange or someone report, several weeks ago, that Snowden filed for asylum in 21 countries?

You posted a sort of text that looked like an interview. i asked for your source. still waiting for an answer.

Several sources.

You posted a sort of text that looked like an interview. i asked for your source. still waiting for an answer.

Why won't you answer the questions??? That is really the crux of it.

"Who hired Kucherena?"

This question was aksed by Single Pot.

"Kucherena is a supporter of President Vladimir V. Putin who reportedly sits on the public council of the Federal Security Service, the successor to the K.G.B. Kucherena founded the Institue of Democracy and Cooperation which has been classified as a pro-Kremlin think tank designed as an image building tooll for the Kremlin."

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/24/the-third-man-on-snowdens-reading-list/?src=twr&_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_of_Democracy_and_Cooperation

"RE: who came up with the 21 country asylum request story? Assagne?"

My question and the following quote actually answers this question . . .

"Kucherena: He claimed he had requested asylum in 21 countries. I then explained to him that wasn't legally possible. He can only file an asylum application in the place where he is currently located. Anything else is virtual."

You already know the cite as you linked it so why ask???

"Sounds like Russia may have helped shoot those down."

My statement

Edited by F430murci

Snowden's lawyer is deeply concerned about Snowden's well being.

source. Voice of Russia.

If it was Amnesty Int saying it I might believe them.

But it's not. It is an employee of Putin saying it.

19.03 and 18degrees Celsius in Moscow.

Why won't you answer the questions??? That is really the crux of it.

Because the topic isn't about Assange, wikileaks, Putin and the Federal Security Service.

Haha, you challenge my sources like they are fabricated. I give you sources and then get this . . .

Everything I said goes to the heart of the matter as follows:

(1) Who really said Snowden applied for asylum in 21 countries and why did Snowden believe that when his lawyer tells him he didn't? Apparently, Russia is not letting him leave.

(2) Who is controlling or perhaps paying for Snowden's lawyer and dictating what lawyer is saying to the public regarding his client? Apparently Putin and I showed why?

(3) People have said over and over that he is not working with Russian intelligence because he is a hero. Maybe, but Snowden's lawyer says Snowden asked to speak to Russian intelligence.

Still point/couterpoint fencing match in the news....

Its kinda getting boring actually.

Posts are rehashing the same crap over and oversaai.gif

beatdeadhorse.gif

i'm headed for some rum&cokes w00t.gif

I agree and we all must lacking in our lives to follow so diligently.

I do think the lawyer's statements are new developments and provides great insight as to what was more speculation in nature before his statements. His statements provide insight as to what is going on with Snowden, why he has not left and what his chances are like for leaving any time in the near future.

• Like 1

10.43am and 30 degrees in Caracas, Venezuela.

Caipirinha on the beach F430?

cheers.

I think I saw something about his lawyer saying Novisibirsk was a possible destination for Snowden. Haha, send him to Siberia. My wife is from there and that is not a good place to go . . . Very dirty, very cold, very industrial, very mafia controlled and not a lot of people speak English there like they do in Moscow. Definitely not Hawaii climate and not where they send people that are viewed as valuable assets. He will likely get a roughed up a bit by some good Russian boys drinking vodka 24/7 if he starts messing around with some of those hot Russian girls.

If I had the money I would definitely prefer a cold climate to a hot climate.

Switzerland comes to mind . . . definitely not Siberia. This place is dirty. You literally feel like you are breathing in dirt and get a film like feeling when you walk around outside. My mother in law's dacha perhaps 2 hours outside Novosibirsk is very quant and nice.

MIL's dacha is in background. and next picture is wife and baby in field next to dacha. This place get really cold in the winter though and there will be feet of snow on the ground for a long time. These pictures were taken on nice 75ish sunny days, most days in June and part of July were upper 50s and 60s with overcast.

post-159996-0-89424200-1374769215_thumb.

post-159996-0-45559900-1374769238_thumb.

cheers.

I think I saw something about his lawyer saying Novisibirsk was a possible destination for Snowden. Haha, send him to Siberia. My wife is from there and that is not a good place to go . . . Very dirty, very cold, very industrial, very mafia controlled and not a lot of people speak English there like they do in Moscow. Definitely not Hawaii climate and not where they send people that are viewed as valuable assets. He will likely get a roughed up a bit by some good Russian boys drinking vodka 24/7 if he starts messing around with some of those hot Russian girls.

Why he should be concerned about the number of English speakers in Novosibirsk(not Novisibirsk). Didn't Snowden say he wants to learn Russian?

And then who knows if he really ends up in Novosibirsk (not Novisibirsk). Probably just something you think you saw.

Russian boys drinking vodka 24/7 and roughing you up when you mess around with Russian girls you say. Is that based on personal experience?

(Admin Maestro said that in case a BM makes blanket statements citizens of one country other members' questions as to what this opinion is based on are a valid questions)

It's not like Snowden (in my view, a traitor to my country) "chose" Russia!

He's stuck there.

It's there or probably U.S. jail (which is no picnic even compared to Siberia).

It was rather a fluke that he ended up there ... in the airport.

He clearly would much prefer Latin America (I don't blame him).

Anyway, if life serves you lemons ...

http://mehico.ru/

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic picture

cheers.

Why he should be concerned about the number of English speakers in Novosibirsk(not Novisibirsk). Didn't Snowden say he wants to learn Russian?

And then who knows if he really ends up in Novosibirsk (not Novisibirsk). Probably just something you think you saw.

Russian boys drinking vodka 24/7 and roughing you up when you mess around with Russian girls you say. Is that based on personal experience?

(Admin Maestro said that in case a BM makes blanket statements citizens of one country other members' questions as to what this opinion is based on are a valid questions)

Haha, grumpy old man comes to mind, but I will play . . .

You state: "And then who knows if he really ends up in Novosibirsk (not Novisibirsk). Probably just something you think you saw."

Lawyer says this in the Speigel article you linked to on the previous page ("Kucherena: . . . He could also move to Novosibirsk or another Russian city . . .").

Your state: "Russian boys drinking vodka 24/7 and roughing you up when you mess around with Russian girls you say. Is that based on personal experience?"

Nope. Even though I have one of the hottest and best educated women from Novorisibirsk, I am generally in much better shape than they are.

Snowden is about as wimpy as it gets though. They will have fun with him.

Edited by F430murci

If I had the money I would definitely prefer a cold climate to a hot climate.

Switzerland comes to mind . . . definitely not Siberia. This place is dirty. You literally feel like you are breathing in dirt and get a film like feeling when you walk around outside. My mother in law's dacha perhaps 2 hours outside Novosibirsk is very quant and nice.

MIL's dacha is in background. and next picture is wife and baby in field next to dacha. This place get really cold in the winter though and there will be feet of snow on the ground for a long time. These pictures were taken on nice 75ish sunny days, most days in June and part of July were upper 50s and 60s with overcast.

Siberia alone is bigger than the USA and Mexico together. Have you really been there to call that place dirty or did you visit just one place where your wife comes from and that might have been dirty.

Its like visiting the wrong neighborhood in Detroit and then proclaim the whole USA would be like this.

cannot open your photos.

Really??? Are you that desperate and pathetic to point out something like that???

If you read what I was saying and what we were discussing, I was saying that Novorisibirsk was dirty and that once you get out of the city (still in Siberia) it is quaint and quit nice. Obviously, the pictures I posted were to show how quaint and nice it is compared to the city. A young man would lose his mind there though as (No internet, no young people to speak of and nothing to do).

Edited by F430murci

He's stuck there.

attachicon.gifpussy-riot-e1327617690596.jpg

Your exactly right.

Yes he is.

Jail or Siberia, depends on what he gets as far as state support until he lands on his feet, but they may ship him off to one of those "camps" somewhere in Siberia.

Latin America would be a lot more fun for sure.

I like Moscow though. Gorky park was incredible and was like few things I have seen anywhere. Really cool and beautiful people in Moscow. Very much an in crowd, but very focused on looks and money. Very superficial if that bothers you. If you don't have looks and money, it may not be so swell for you. Moscow is crazy expensive. Snowden has much better chance of getting a girl in Siberia . . .

He's stuck there.

Your exactly right.

Yes he is.

Jail or Siberia, depends on what he gets as far as state support until he lands on his feet, but they may ship him off to one of those "camps" somewhere in Siberia.

I like Moscow though. Gorky park was incredible and was like few things I have seen anywhere. Really cool and beautiful people in Moscow. Very much an in crowd, but very focused on looks and money. Very superficial if that bothers you. If you don't have looks and money, it may not be so swell for you. Moscow is crazy expensive. Snowden has much better chance of getting a girl in Siberia . . .

He doesn't have a shortage of girls wanting him and offering him money.

Siberia alone is bigger than the USA and Mexico together. Have you really been there to call that place dirty or did you visit just one place where your wife comes from and that might have been dirty.

Its like visiting the wrong neighborhood in Detroit and then proclaim the whole USA would be like this.

cannot open your photos.

Really??? Are you that desperate and pathetic to point out something like that???

If you read what I was saying and what we were discussing, I was saying that Novorisibirsk was dirty and that once you get out of the city (still in Siberia) it is quaint and quit nice. Obviously, the pictures I posted were to show how quaint and nice it is compared to the city. A young man would lose his mind there though as (No internet, no young people to speak of and nothing to do).

Switzerland comes to mind . . . definitely not Siberia. This place is dirty.

Thats what you said.

Cannot open your picture.

btw. nobody in Russia uses the Fahrenheit scale.

Haha, okay . . . well you edited out the next sentence or two and you ignored that my initial statement was about the city, to which someone replied. Then I said once you get out of the city it is quaint in nice. Really, is it that important to you. Are you trying to catch me in a lie. Do you really think I don't know how expansive Siberia is.

I speak in terms of Fahrenheit. My iphone told me temperature in F. Wife converted for me when I asked her if cold or warm after I left them in June.

Are you trying to imply there is no picture? There are two. Can anyone else?

Here is one . . .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=226125

He's stuck there.

Your exactly right.

Yes he is.

He doesn't have a shortage of girls wanting him and offering him money.

Haha, that is what Anastasiadate.com will tell you also . . . He is lacking both the looks and money department to score decently in Moscow. He may be interesting at first, but that will wane unless he gets a high paying gig. Then he still has to deal with the fact that is a dork. Russian chicks are hot, but not stupid. They might go for the dork type if it means getting them into the US and getting them $$$ in the US.

Edited by F430murci

Ant:

Here is dacha.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=226124

In Siberia . . . Notice how clear and pretty it is which is why I posed these to show very nice and different than Novosibirsk.

i get an error message when i click the link.

"You do not have permission to view this attachment."

i guess its an board software issue.