Condo market saturated in CM?

jaideeguy

Lets be realistic Chiang Mai"s econony depends on Tourism and Agriculture, living in town is becoming unbearable, you can purchase a piece of land 1 rai for 400,000 baht, rent it for 30 years and put a house on it for 1,600,000 why would anyone want to live in the town when they could live in a semi-rural village 10 KM from town, and enjoy a bucolic life, I simply don't get why anyone would buy a condo, if your married to a Thai put the land in your children's name

If you are sure that you are going to stay here for the forseeable future ,then what you say makes sence .I myself have bought a house here and already have saved 33% of the cost by not having to rent ,plus the house is now worth aprox 50% more than i spent .Its a popular mooban 8 km out and house sell here usually within 3 months max .OK the house is in my wifes name and i have a 30 year lease on it .If we should split up (unlikely i think but you never know 100% ) we would divide the proceeds 50/50 .

Condos make sence for single people and others who spend many months away each year .

Saturated or not? Who cares? Never buy anything in Thailand. There is no reason to. Plenty of places to rent, at a cost you can't justify a purchase. It's that simple. Don't buy anything in Thailand.

I am amazed by some of the stupid comments on this thread, however yours wins.

If the Russians start coming to Chiang Mai in numbers like they go to Pattaya ,then there will be a huge shortage of Condos in Chiang Mai .

Chiang Mai as Thailands second City is still quite small and has a long way to grow .

Sorry but I think if the Russians and the Russian mafia come to Chiang Mai like they have in Pattaya and Phuket there will not be a huge shortage of condos because the anglos and other expats will start moving out to other locations. The Russians will just move into vacant condos.

If the Russians start coming to Chiang Mai in numbers like they go to Pattaya ,then there will be a huge shortage of Condos in Chiang Mai .

Chiang Mai as Thailands second City is still quite small and has a long way to grow .

Sorry but I think if the Russians and the Russian mafia come to Chiang Mai like they have in Pattaya and Phuket there will not be a huge shortage of condos because the anglos and other expats will start moving out to other locations. The Russians will just move into vacant condos.

The Russians never gave me a problen down in Pattaya/Jomtien .In fact they helped me out by paying the full price for my Condo .They keep to themselves ,and the mafia element only effect their own people by loan sharking etc .

The Russians never gave me a problen down in Pattaya/Jomtien .In fact they helped me out by paying the full price for my Condo .They keep to themselves ,and the mafia element only effect their own people by loan sharking etc .

Nice to see that you received full price for your condo. But it appears that you have moved out of the area. Kind of proves my point.

>>

Nice to see that you received full price for your condo. But it appears that you have moved out of the area. Kind of proves my point.<<

I did not move because of the Russians though .It was because i acquired a wife and step child .If we had stayed in Jomtien ,the marrige may not still be intact .Too much temptation for a man down there ,plus its got quite expensive by Thai standards .

PS ,Dark skinned small sized Isarn Ladys really get me going into a sweat ,where as white skinned long leged Chiang Mai girls only give me a little twitch .;-)

Edited by anto