External TV Speakers

UbonOz

My DVD player has been inoperable for quite a while. I used to play the sound from the TV through the DVD speakers.

The TV speakers are quite useless for decent sound when listening to music or watching movies.

I do not really want to replace the DVD player as I can get all the entertainment I need from the internet.

Is it possible, or, can anyone suggest a good quality speaker set that can function direct from the TV?

If I can get good speakers for the TV I am considering giving True Vision the flick as I hardly watch the TV and their programmes are repeated, not good value entertainment.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edited by metisdead
Topic title edited to remove all caps, please do not post using all caps, it is bad netiquette.

Does you TV have HDMI jacks? What's your budget? I've seen some nice setups at a variety of stores. Makro, PowerBuy, even Big C Extra has some fairly decent systems.

One I've been looking at is a speaker bar. Some also have a sub woofer. Prices vary a lot. I think the cheapest I've seen in around 10k Baht. The one I like is around 20k, at PowerBuy.

I also dropped True last year. Get everything off the internet now and it works fine.

Get some by Creative u can get a decent set for 2k, iv had mine 2yrs and still going strong

+1

I also use wi-fi headphones plugged into the tv and can have the volume as loud as I like when others are asleep. Cheap enough too at about 400 Baht from the local computer shop.

Get some by Creative u can get a decent set for 2k, iv had mine 2yrs and still going strong

+1

I also use wi-fi headphones plugged into the tv and can have the volume as loud as I like when others are asleep. Cheap enough too at about 400 Baht from the local computer shop.

I have had wi-fi headphones before, they were good as you say, no problem disturbing others with the volume.

Maybe I should buy another set, will look next time I go out.

Thanks for the replies.