Crash in Laem Chabang

Briggsy

This morning ( 10 July ) a black saloon car, something like a Vios managed to turn itself on its roof on the northbound carriageway of Sukhumvit in front of the Laem Chabang Industrial estate. It came to rest in the third and fourth lanes. That is some going in the rush hour. Quite an achievement.

I think I saw the remnants of this crash as I was going to the Chonburi DMV for the 3rd time to pick up my new number plate.

all the way there and back there where multiple examples of bad driving that could have reaulted in a similar crash.w00t.gif

normal thai driving if there not right up the next cars arse there is something wrong same as no lights or indicators must cost money to use them then again nothing more scary than one that is indicating sure as hell there not going that way its just the same as letting somebody in not a chance they will block the road up rather than do that also the look were you have been not were your going i see every day . Worst of all if there is a market nearby or any type of food involved you can forget even the smallest resemblance of sanity but i guess most people that live over here are also guilty of taking short cuts as well and most would loose there licence in five minutes if they went back to the country of origin.

When I went to Sriracha last week on the bike, half way the second flyover in Laemchabang I was encountered by a pick up truck in reverse.coffee1.gif

No bikes allowed on the Ao Udom flyover. wai.gif

Pick-up driver was trying to inform you.tongue.png

• Like 1

It was a Ford Focus / Fiesta after unsuccessfully tring to avoid a motorbike that shot in front of it. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545469472176274&set=pcb.545469975509557&type=1&theater

Nice find.

I would just like to add, contrary to my girlfriend's constant assertions, I am a particularly safe driver.

When I went to Sriracha last week on the bike, half way the second flyover in Laemchabang I was encountered by a pick up truck in reverse.coffee1.gif

No bikes allowed on the Ao Udom flyover. wai.gif

Pick-up driver was trying to inform you.tongue.png

Is it called Ao Udom there? It's about 2 km I guess from Tesco Laemchabang towards Sriracha.

Never seen a sign that bikes are not allowed on that flyover, and seen scooters on it as well, will have to take note next time.

Yes, it goes over Ao Udom intersection. The oil refineries and storage facilities are on the sea side of the flyover. It was finished a year or two ago. I am pretty certain it is no bikes, tuk-tuks, pushcarts, etc. Having said that, I have never, never seen any kind of law enforcement on this flyover. The pick-up driver probably knew that. wink.png