Cat alerts Phuket home owner to 5-meter python house call

webfact

Cat alerts home owner to 5-meter python house call
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A woman was alerted to the presence of a giant snake in the carport of her home in Phuket Town yesterday by her cat.

“When I went out to hang my clothes up to dry, I saw my cat staring at something,” said Saisamorn Sungmek.

“It was a snake,” she said.

Kusoldharm Rescue Foundation workers responded to Mrs Saisamorn’s 6:30am call for help and wrangled the five-meter python out from under the drying rack in her carport.

“When the snake saw us, it tried to escape down a drain but it couldn’t because the hole was too small,” a rescue worker said.

“It took about 10 minutes for us to capture it,” he said.

Mrs Saisamorn believes the snake entered her carport for protection from rain.

“It rained hard last night,” she said.

The python was to be released at an undisclosed jungle location.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Cat-alerts-home-owner-to-5-meter-python-house-call-21597.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-07-11

Cats are very useful animals! Once I heard a bit of mouse like noise in a corner of my open air restaurant, looked but saw nothing. The cat I had at the time though, kept staring at that corner, its gaze fixed slightly upwards. I followed its gaze, and it was a snake all right. The cat wont hunt the snake down, but at least it will alert you.

THAT is absolutely NOT a 5 meters snake, no way in hell it is.... More like 2 meters in length.....

Have seen this size numerous times up here in Isaan, no big deal. just take it calmly in it´s tail

and drag it away.......

Glegolo

Google Python+ Ingham+ Australia and see what pops up. The cops called in a 65year old lady who has bred/handled snakes all her life. The reptile is 5.7 metres or 19 foot.

The actual story is ok, but if you can find the story on the old girl it is even more interesting.....working with her grandkids who saved her life after a python wrapped around her.

For the non snake people/ Europeans amongst us think Boa Constrictor instead of Python and you'll get the picture

Cats are very useful animals! Once I heard a bit of mouse like noise in a corner of my open air restaurant, looked but saw nothing. The cat I had at the time though, kept staring at that corner, its gaze fixed slightly upwards. I followed its gaze, and it was a snake all right. The cat wont hunt the snake down, but at least it will alert you.

Depends on the cat.

I've opened my front door and looked at the cat (with a smile on it's face if that was possible) and the cat looking at me with a half dead Eastern Brown snake (effectively the worlds most venomous) on the door step. The cat had the "aren't I good" look on its face. Needless to say the snake was quickly dispatched.

Same animal has presented me with half dead rats and completely dead rats on many occasions.

Edit: the brownie was only about three foot...not fully grown...thank F@@k

Edited by Mudcrab