Kittiratt: Failure to launch water and infrastructure projects will harm Thailand

webfact

Kittiratt: Failure to launch water and infrastructure projects will harm country

BANGKOK, 11 July 2013 (NNT) – If the government’s mega projects were to be cancelled, it would have a detrimental effect on the country and destroy investors' confidence, said the Finance Minister.

Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong admitted that failure to launch the government's 2.2 trillion baht infrastructure project and the 350 billion baht water management project would cause irreparable damage to the country and completely ruin both domestic and foreign investors’ confidence.

When asked about this year's world economic situation, the minister said he was not worried about the International Monetary Fund(IMF)'s revising down the growth, as the projection was in line with the overall global economy.

As for short term economic measures, he said the government had to keep all situations in the country under control, adding that there should be no political protests as they would definitely hurt the nation's tourism industry.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-11 footer_n.gif

Kittiratt: Failure to launch water and infrastructure projects will harm country

BANGKOK, 11 July 2013 (NNT) – If the government’s mega projects were to be cancelled, it would have a detrimental effect on the country and destroy investors' confidence, said the Finance Minister.

I wouldn't believe this guy if he told me it was dark at night...sounds more like

cock_and_bull.jpg

Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong admitted that failure to launch the government's 2.2 trillion baht infrastructure project and the 350 billion baht water management project would cause irreparable damage to the country and completely ruin both domestic and foreign investors’ confidence.

As opposed to launching them and seeing irreparable damage to the countries economy. And of course every investor wants to see 2.5 trillion baht worth of projects given the go-ahead when there are absolutely no plans in place as to how and when it will be spent, and giving major slices of the pie to recently bankrupt companies in South Korea is also bound to boost investor confidence whistling.gif

• Like 2

Kittiratt, IS ONE OF MANY Failures to launch water and infrastructure projects will harm country, that are tempted with greed and full of white lies..., tax money thievery ETC !!!!!!

This country is already bastardized EXACTLY because of populist policy trillion kachillian Baht Megaprojects, SUCH AS THESE!!!!!

N'Ough said 1zgarz5.gif

• Like 1

Kittiratt, IS ONE OF MANY Failures to launch water and infrastructure projects will harm country, that are tempted with greed and full of white lies..., tax money thievery ETC !!!!!!

This country is already bastardized EXACTLY because of populist policy trillion kachillian Baht Megaprojects, SUCH AS THESE!!!!!

N'Ough said 1zgarz5.gif

when one obviously has a vendetta agenised a person, one tends to "cut the nose to spite the face" and in the end makes a complete fool of himself by showing that the statement written nor the author has any logic nor meaning. Perhaps one should consider crawling back under the slimy rock from which he crawled out of.

there should be no political protests as they would definitely hurt the nation's tourism industry.

I thought tourism in Thailand was unstoppable according to TAT figures. I wonder what they were like in early 2010.

• Like 2

Kittirat; has expressed his opinion, nothing more. Up to this point his past actions, remarks, opinions, and lies have not seemed to have had any benfical affect on the Thai financial situation. In fact just the opposite, seems to be the result of those who have implemented his flim flam populists policies.

The inapt handling of finances, under Kittirat's watch, within the national boundry of Thailand would strongly suggest a complete ifinancal ncompentance. Thus his attempt to forecast international results from some proposed half arse planned 'wish list' which may or may not happen, is more than enough for a loss of confidence by potential investors.

• Like 1

Kittirat; has expressed his opinion, nothing more. Up to this point his past actions, remarks, opinions, and lies have not seemed to have had any benfical affect on the Thai financial situation. In fact just the opposite, seems to be the result of those who have implemented his flim flam populists policies.

The inapt handling of finances, under Kittirat's watch, within the national boundry of Thailand would strongly suggest a complete ifinancal ncompentance. Thus his attempt to forecast international results from some proposed half arse planned 'wish list' which may or may not happen, is more than enough for a loss of confidence by potential investors.

Kittirat and PTP do not consider it inept and harmful as long as PTP friends and family benefit

• Like 1

Again, he thinks you can fool all of the people all of the time.

If he's so worried that lack of implementation of the water projects will hurt investor confidence then his party should have followed the laws.

The so called 'investors' are all well experienced in major government based infrastructure projects (if not, then they should not have been considered as serious contenders to conduct these projects) and they all know full well that such projects are required by law to have public hearings and environmental impact studies completed before contracts are signed.

Just another of the ministers smokescreens which fool nobody. He thinks everybody is totally gullible and will believe his rubbish which doesn't even have logic.

adding that there should be no political protests as they would definitely hurt the nation's tourism industry.

In other words: " Don't you start protesting now, we are not finished emptying the coffer and getting our commissions back from all involved in the rice scam" clap2.gifclap2.gif

Wouldn't want to be interrupted before one get back to Mr T and cronies tenfold the amount confiscated a few years ago facepalm.gif

So, invester confidence would be helped with projects starting only to be frustrated by concerned citizens who's life and livelyhood is effected by said projects causing protests, and facebook pages condemning the investors amongst others?

Well the country needs infrastucture, but, people still manage to find their way around the country today.

So, misspending and clipping 30% on the tab isn't exactly going to inspire confidence in anyone. Thus, equally squandering money on unnecessary stuff comes at a price that will be felt by the country in many years to come anyway.

There could be a coup tomorrow, as though that wont screw with investor confidence in a moment anyway.

whistling.gif A well thought out and coherent plan for infrastructure development COULD benefit Thailand and help it's economy grow rationally.

However, since this is Thailand the terms "well thought out" and "coherent" are not part of the plan.

The "urgent need" to implement a plan without thinking seems very suspicious to me.

What's the rush to spend so much money quickly?

Especially spending so much money so quickly without first considering the plan details or especially releasing details to the public?

Makes me more suspicious than ever.

whistling.gif

there should be no political protests as they would definitely hurt the nation's tourism industry.

I thought tourism in Thailand was unstoppable according to TAT figures. I wonder what they were like in early 2010.

Think of poor Yingluck, as she just can't take being unloved and she cannot handle any negativity against her and her wonderful squeaky clean government.

So let's not protest and please don't spill the beans on what her government is up to (even if your job entails doing precisely that) as she is delicate and liable to burst into tears at any moment, which will ruin her expensive mascara and send out the wrong message 'that she is weak and useless' when in reality, she is perfectly able and quite brilliant at her job!!!

• Like 1

whistling.gif A well thought out and coherent plan for infrastructure development COULD benefit Thailand and help it's economy grow rationally.

However, since this is Thailand the terms "well thought out" and "coherent" are not part of the plan.

The "urgent need" to implement a plan without thinking seems very suspicious to me.

Especially spending so much money so quickly without first considering the plan details or especially releasing details to the public?

whistling.gif

Suspiciuos - borrowing very large sums of money, "off balance sheet", outside the normal process of parliamentary scruitiny, and then spending them without following the process laid down by law, or showing any kind of plan or accountability. Awarding key contracts to a supplier whose financial status is questionable, facing serious perfromance questions in their own country and who was happy to welcome a convicted fugitve criminal fraudster with much aplumb and publicity.

Why whould you be suspicious? Seems like normal PTP activity and modus operandi.

• Like 2

whistling.gif

Suspiciuos - borrowing very large sums of money, "off balance sheet", outside the normal process of parliamentary scruitiny, and then spending them without following the process laid down by law, or showing any kind of plan or accountability. Awarding key contracts to a supplier whose financial status is questionable, facing serious perfromance questions in their own country and who was happy to welcome a convicted fugitve criminal fraudster with much aplumb and publicity.

Why whould you be suspicious? Seems like normal PTP activity and modus operandi.

Why should a few minor details like this stop them from implementing something that will benefit the nation by preventing these devastating floods.

You are nit-picking over nothing as far as I'm concerned, as what does it matter if a few politicians become obscenely rich and some people are kicked out of their homes (they deserve to be as far as I am concerned as they chose to live there in the first place)!!!

I know that you are going to say that some people have voiced their opinions that these measures won't work, but these interfering people are only experts on the subject so what would they know!!rolleyes.gif.

I see elsewhere that the full 324.6 billion has now been borrowed from 4 Thai banks. That is from the savings of the Thai people.

We were told previously that there would be a bidding process where investors would be invited to bid to lend the money

So it would seem that there are no overseas investors who have enough confidence in the project to bid to lend any money.

Or if they did bid the conditions of their bids, interest wanted etc, were so high that the funds had to be obtained from the local banks some of which are owned by the Government.

Investor confidence it would seem is already down the drain.

whistling.gif

As Yingluck would say; "people should stop politicizing everything" clap2.gif

For someone who couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted a stronger or a weaker Baht he has a lot of credibility - boosted of course by the odd white lie.

He should be talking to Plodprasop who is the 'mastermind' behind the brilliantly organised water projects. The ones where local people were so happy that they never protested and all the impact studies were carefully carried out. And the urgency of the decree for the money was so justified.

Yes, we all think so highly of our 'rat.

Sure this project is very important for Thailand future and development. The problem is the Military constitution, Democratic party and it's cronys. They don't have enough intelligence to understand this !!!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Thank you, hilarious, this has made my night.