Chao Praya Express Boat Service - Trip Duration

bermannor

Hello ThaiVisa Forum members!

I am new to this forum and start immediately with a question.

Does anybody know the approximate trip duration with the express boat

from Tha Wang Lang (Tha Phrannok, Siriraj Hospital, Stop N10) to Saphan Taksin (BTS connection, Central Stop)

a) with the yellow flag boat (fast, few stops

b)orange and green flag boat (regular, more stops)

c) no flag (slow, stops at nearly every pier)

Thank you

a) with the yellow flag boat (fast, few stops

b)orange and green flag boat (regular, more stops)

c) no flag (slow, stops at nearly every pier)

Never have taken a)

b)takes between 25 - 35 mins ... depending the wait times when the boats line up awaiting their time to dock.

c) no flag - maybe you mean White flag?

There are a number of different classes of boat based on the number of stops it makes and the length of the route. Below is an outline of the different boat services on the Chao Phraya River.

• Green and Yellow: Sathorn (CEN) to Pak Kret (N33). This service makes 11 stops. Operates only during peak hours on Monday to Friday.
  • Blue: Sathorn (CEN) to Nonthaburi (N30). This is the fastest boat service making only 3 stops. Operates only during peak hours on Monday to Friday.
  • Yellow: Ratburana (S4) to Nonthaburi (N30). This service makes 10 stops. Operates only during peak hours on Monday to Friday.
  • Orange: Wat Rajsingkorn (S3) to Nonthaburi (N30) This service makes 20 stops and operates 7 days aweek.
  • White (all stops): Wat Rajsingkorn (S3) to Nonthaburi (N30) This service makes 34 stops and operates Monday to Friday only.

With help from the Blogger thaitransit

Information is a little dated ... updates?

EDIT to add ...

Chao_Phraya_Express website talks about all the boats

Edited by David48

^ I think that you'll find that the transitbkk website that you linked is a little out of date as you seem to have mixed up some of the colours & routes. Eg Blue only goes to Phra Athit - now primarily the backpackers boat.

Here is a the company map showing the correct colours and their routes;

2yl2r9i.jpg

For the OP, N10 is the busiest of any pier and can be chaotic during peak.

Bank on a 15-20 min journey with the Express options (red & yellow), 30mins for semi exp (orange & blue) and forget about the all stop. There is actually a timetable at N10 & CEN - check with the staff- which gives journey times.

• Like 1

Lakegeneve and David 48,

thank you very much for your postings.

I asked the question because the 2 daughters of a friend of mine have jobs at Queen Sirikit Center respectively at BTS Chong Nonsi and got a new home in Bangkok Noi near Tha Phrannok (Siriaj hospital, Tha Wang Lang).

Lakegeneve, the posted map seems to be the same as on the Expressboat website, just except the red flag line.

I just realized the minor difference in stops between yellow and green line (2 stops compared to 3 stops), so one would use any of those which comes first.

But orange (most probably the most frequent one during peak hours) and no flag (regular) service have significantly more stops (7 and 9 stops).

The blue flag boat is out of question because it is the tourist line with tourist price.

There is no white flag line but, Dave48, may be you mean the regular boat (no flag) service.

Surprisingly, I could not find the red flag line service on the website, which would be a direct and non-stop service.

I know Tha Wang Lang (N 10) very well, especially during rainy season where you would balance on sand sacks out but it is a main stop, so every boat stops and you must not wait too long for transport.

So Lakegeneve, your 20 min or to 30 – 40 min travel time give me and the girls a good indication. Compared to busses I see the one very positive aspect, you get your healthy dose of fresh air and oxygen.

Once again, thanks a lot.