Can a Philipino Maeban work in a private residence without a Work Permit?

Yes those kinds of work permits are available for Burmese, Cambodians and Lao. They do not apply to Filipinos or other members of ASEAN and AFAIK the AEC will be about the flow of "skilled labor" between nations not just everyone.

Given the state of english language skills in the general populace in Thailand, those with good english skills could be considered 'skilled labour' . Though I'd imagine Thaland will try to protect their own citizens from an onslaught of philipino tour guides, and just about every trade involved in the tourism industry. And where will I be able to get an Thai english speaking maid for 12K a month, If I happened to want one?

That is good to know ... May I ask you if it would be possible to find out the contacts for this Company ...?? I would really appreciate it /// And if you can't no sweat .. ! I understand

I'll try. The one neighbor seems to be in England with her husband right now. Should be back in a few weeks.

Wifey says they have gotten several maids from this company. I'll try to get the details.

Thanks ... would really appreciate it !!

Take a look at the classifieds section in this forum, the majority of nanny and maids looking for work are Filipinas who are already working here in these jobs. But i dont know if they have a WP.

I did and quite a few applied to my add but the issue of the Work Permit came up and I told them I need to check on this first as I don't want to get into trouble later on .... and well doesn't look too promissing at this point ...

Under MRAs, ASEAN members have agreed on the free flow of professional-level labor in seven fields, namely engineering, architectural, surveying, nursing, medical, dental, and accounting services. For the tourism industry, skilled workers must register their profession, or obtain job certification, or pass specific job tests of the host nation. They must also obtain a work permit from the host country and comply with related rules and regulations.

http://thailand.prd.go.th/view_news.php?id=6796&a=3

Well, that's a bummer. I don't see what all the fuss is about if those are the only professions they can work in. I was hoping Filipinos would take over the tourism / service industry here, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.