Someones stolen my size 13 shoes again!

Chittychangchang

For the second time this month i've had my footwear pinched.

I refuse to wear flip fops like most, so mayby i've only got myself to blame!

But please a bit of thai foot etiquette.

P.s if anyone spots a Thai wearing size 13 oxford brogues.

Give us a shout

ccc

• Like 1

Near the Mehkong river, i fear they are being used for fishing expeditions.

Thanks for your vigilance stoneyboy! The word is out on the tea-leaf, we will find you!

Thailand is a small place for a size 13 brogue wearer.

CCC

Edited by Chittychangchang
  • Like 1

Maybe watch out one of those thais with big penises in the other thread ,also you know what they say about big feet .

I'm sure you've heard of "Bigfoot".

Well, the women that have slept with him have a more intimate nickname for him. Clue, it also starts with BIG!

I am also size 13 and i find my footwear is safe when i go to the temple as nobody wants them at that size.(plus , maybe the reasoning is who wants a size 13 foot up their bum if caught knocking them off ? ).

However the biggest threat was my old MIL who used to throw out all my footwear because nobody else could wear them when i wasn't about. I lost some very nice leather sandals and shoes that way. She failed to comprehend that i could not replace them easily down at the local Tesco. Luckily in Pattaya there are a few places that sell cheaply made but falung priced rubber/plastic "foot things" to wear , usually in fluo pink or something equally tasteful..

13 shoes, or Thai size 47 is very hard to find here.... myself at temples tend to just look inside from doorway rather then take of my shoes and spend the next few months trying to find another pair..

Oddly have seen large 2nd hand shoes in Markets.... maybe a better place to look rather than a Thai person wearing them ? Most Thai men appear to be size 43 or 44, or that is about the biggest you can find For Sale

Near the Mehkong river, i fear they are being used for fishing expeditions.

Thanks for your vigilance stoneyboy! The word is out on the tea-leaf, we will find you!

Thailand is a small place for a size 13 brogue wearer.

CCC

For a change I suggest that you look amongst farang. Not many Thai's with a size 13 coffee1.gif

Maybe he thinks if he wears them, his knob will get bigger. big feet means big knob and all that.

Just in time too for the Thai governments new plan to buy bigger condoms.

Or the person could have a shoe fetish and is breathing in that beautiful mushroom aroma from your shoes. bah.gif

Well I haven't heard of this for a while, but it was a common thing years ago. Have you rejected a Thai girl (in her mind not yours). Just stopped seeing a Thai girl or got a new girlfriend, maybe stopped seeing a particular "favourite" at a bar you frequent.....

Get the picture, mate of mine lost all his shoes (he was a big lad too) on three or four separate occasions, the answer.....don't leave them outside.....

She got tired of it eventually but it took a while, jealousy and loosing face thing I think.

Why did you assume a Thai stole them? very few Thai's have size 13 feet, I would look for them among the size 13 foot population as I doubt there is a big market for size used 13 shoes in Thailand.

Just my dos centavos (2 cents)

Cheers:smile.png

Almost impossible to buy in Thailand, I know from experience.

As for a Thai stealing them, my wife thinks my shoe's are the right size to grow herbs in

Where did you get your size 13s? Presumably abroad, because even UK size 10s (US 11s) are not easy to find in Thailand.

It amazes me that even a place like Robinson's @ Sukhumvit Soi 19 where the customers are mostly Indian, Middle Eastern or Western stocks very few large sizes. There's a lot of business to be had, but they don't cater to it. Or perhaps I shouldn't be amazed: it's just another Thai management failure.

I recall reading that there has been several (maybe more) shoe thefts from outside temples. It seems they targets are large quality shoes or expensive sports shoes like Nike, NB, Adidas etc, which can always be sold at some flea market. My advice if going to visit a temple, is to take a plastic bag and if you have decent footwear or perhaps they are shoes for a particular foot condition and hard to replace, carry them with you.

Wear a small day pack, and out your shoes in there. Do not leave them anymore, so some desperado can swipe them. I often think about this too, as I wear Merrell or Teva sandals, or other brands that are quite costly here, and hard to find. Also, if I am traveling they may be the only shoes I have on the trip. Would be very inconvenient to lose them. But, have not had any stolen to date. Guess I have been fortunate.