Thaksin's plan to return to Thailand suffers setback

webfact

News Analysis:
Thaksin's plan to return to Thailand suffers setback

English.news.cn
by Surasak Tumcharoen

BANGKOK (Xinhua)-- Chances for former Thai leader Thaksin Shinawatra to return home after seven years of self-exile overseas have become dimmer in the face of another scandal allegedly involving himself and one of his close associates, who is currently a member of the cabinet headed by his sister, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Thaksin, ousted in 2006's military coup, has reportedly met with Deputy Defense Minister Gen. Yutthasak Sasiprapa late last month to discuss possibilities of his return to Thailand.

A sound clip has been circulated on the Internet and Thai social networks reportedly containing the voices of the deposed Thai premier and the army general during an informal talk about the former's purported plans to come home.

Despite Yingluck's assurances that the content of the sound clip is yet to be verified by authorities, it already has dampened the possibilities of Thaksin coming home in foreseeable future, according to Pheu Thai ("For Thais") MP Cherdchai Tantisirin.

Yingluck, who is concurrently the country's defense minister, promptly dismissed speculations that such alleged meeting between her brother and the deputy defense minister could jeopardize the smooth working relationship between the elected government and the military and may even foster mutual distrust.

"Such things will not affect the relationship between the government and the military,"Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/indepth/2013-07/10/c_132529572.htm

-- Xinhua 2013-07-13

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another"

As though it might not be considered political, when a tape emerges in which the alleged voices of her disgraced brother and her Deputy Defense Minister are heard, appearing to discuss how to rig things to enable him to return, and the upcoming round of military promotions, and the future role of the former-PM after he's been whitewashed ?

Either the tape is true, in which case it's very political indeed, or it's a politically-motivated attempt to embarrass the PM & her party, by persons unknown. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

it already has dampened the possibilities of Thaksin coming home in foreseeable future, according to Pheu Thai ("For Thais") MP Cherdchai Tantisirin.

He can come home any time he likes....

Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

My dear Yingluck in case you hadnt realised yet but the postion of PM is political in nature...didnt your bro tell you this when he give you the job ?

Doh ! facepalm.gif

I must have been looking at a mirror when he told me.

( Mirror mirror on the wall who's the dumbest of them all) giggle.gif

Thaksin, being such extremely polarizing person, run the risk of

great harm being brought on to him by all sort of people with their

own agendas,

If he return to Thailand, the task of keeping him safe from the hoards

of people who hates him will be monumental, as compare to securing

his parameters in small, well isolated, country, where guns are not as

common as in Thailand,

• Like 1

"Such things will not affect the relationship between the government and the military,"Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

Erm-----

Its funny how Kentucky State U. only put Yingluck up on their list of well known alumni AFTER she became PM. I wonder if they feel they made a mistake in doing it at all ?

Who is famous for being someone's sister - besides Danniiii Minogue?

• Like 2

Thaksin's Plan to Avoid Prosecution and Jail Suffers Setback.

They should wait until they get him, throw the despot in the slammer and then bin the keys in the Gulf of Thailand.

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 2

Looks like making the PM the DM as well was another huge mistake. Only five minutes into the job she already appears as either implicated or incompetent in a massive cock up and by saying the voice has yet to be verified when she herself must know the truth confirms it is actually both.

Thaksin can return home any time he chooses, he just has to go to court and answer to the charges that have been brought against him, then he can either prove his innocence or go to prison.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

it already has dampened the possibilities of Thaksin coming home in foreseeable future, according to Pheu Thai ("For Thais") MP Cherdchai Tantisirin.

Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

My dear Yingluck in case you hadnt realised yet but the postion of PM is political in nature...didnt your bro tell you this when he give you the job ?

mocrat crooks that are bittere that all they managed to whith all their so called political drivel was to deprive

Yes of course he can come home anytime. But to what? In such an event as his return the the Social Democrats, so far only suceeding in relieving him (fraudulently) of 47 Billion Baht, will first seek to humiliate him further, then a hit squad no doubt be funded by a Democrat who is already a murderer and is corrupt, would blow him away immedieatly Thaksin was released from jail.

One gets sick of all this Democrat drivel emerging from the mouths of greedy men that orchestrated corruption in Thailand for more than a quarter of a century. Yes they can talk of corruption because they nursed such an exquisitly opaque system of corrupt practice. Sickenly their criminalty sought to extract the greatest extent of Thailand's wealth from the oppressed Thai people during all of that quarter centuary.

One more time I'll say it; no one has ever publish statement or document that indicate to me that Thakin is or was ever corrupt. This statemnet means just what it says, it does not say That Thakisin not corrupt, just that no evidense of his alledged corrution exists.

Some help me, a simple and elderlty foreigner, and produce then I won't have to continue reading all this drivel that does not more that to discredit the authors of it.

A sound clip has been circulated on the Internet and Thai social networks reportedly containing the voices of the deposed Thai premier and the army general during an informal talk about the former's purported plans to come home.

Forewarned wink.png

Forewarned,-forearmed%3B-to-be-prepared-

mocrat crooks that are bittere that all they managed to whith all their so called political drivel was to deprive

Yes of course he can come home anytime. But to what? In such an event as his return the the Social Democrats, so far only suceeding in relieving him (fraudulently) of 47 Billion Baht, will first seek to humiliate him further, then a hit squad no doubt be funded by a Democrat who is already a murderer and is corrupt, would blow him away immedieatly Thaksin was released from jail.

One gets sick of all this Democrat drivel emerging from the mouths of greedy men that orchestrated corruption in Thailand for more than a quarter of a century. Yes they can talk of corruption because they nursed such an exquisitly opaque system of corrupt practice. Sickenly their criminalty sought to extract the greatest extent of Thailand's wealth from the oppressed Thai people during all of that quarter centuary.

One more time I'll say it; no one has ever publish statement or document that indicate to me that Thakin is or was ever corrupt. This statemnet means just what it says, it does not say That Thakisin not corrupt, just that no evidense of his alledged corrution exists.

Some help me, a simple and elderlty foreigner, and produce then I won't have to continue reading all this drivel that does not more that to discredit the authors of it.

Definitely simple. Why don't you go over and defend your hero's wonderful rice pledge scheme, which is bleeding corruption from every pore. Time to step out from the bubble you are living in. He is a Thai politician. By that very fact he IS corrupt. There are no other kinds.

• Like 2

Its funny how Kentucky State U. only put Yingluck up on their list of well known alumni AFTER she became PM. I wonder if they feel they made a mistake in doing it at all ?

Who is famous for being someone's sister - besides Danniiii Minogue?

Pippa Middleton?

• Like 1

If it was only the corruption charges then he would probably still have been PM, and just ripping the coffers of trillions. What you are excusing him off is putting himself above the law. That is what the real charges are and it ain't from the Democrats that you seem confused over but the peoples court to whom he currently still owes two years. And when he gets back he also will have treason charges to face for his attack on Bangkok again from the peoples court. I would rather be in Khun Abhisit's shoes any day. This government is a farce and a joke to Thailand along with the joke that is the puppet PM...shhhh and walk away. The longer the Thai people carry on with this farce the larger the joke they are becoming on the world stage....Democracy is being run by a peoples court convicted criminal from Dubai? The next few months in Thai politics are going to be very interesting. Especially with the tabling of bills from Pheau Thai. I think with polls turning against them there will a lot more street protests that could become violent.

Edited by Roadman
  • Like 2