Phuket Governor Greetings for July

webfact

Governor Greetings for July

PHUKET: -- I wish to see everyone happy who lives on the island. Phuket is an urban society, so it is difficult to design a system to govern the city. It is very different from the rural areas, and problems are different.

With regard to the taxi and tuk tuk problems on the island, I have tried to find several solutions to help them. Seasons change throughout the year so maybe they should find something else to do in the green season. They have to stop thinking that the only tourist sites are the beaches. There are many other places on the island that tourists could visit, such as shopping in Phuket Town, a walk in the old parts of Phuket Town, including looking at all the Sino-Portuguese houses.

When it comes to tourism, we need to help each other take care of our town. Law enforcement must be strict. Foreign tourists have to understand about Thai culture, customs and traditions. People should be aware, alert and active about keeping safe. They should wear helmets and they need to pay attention to and comply with traffic rules and regulations.

I would also like to ask the island’s tour agencies for co-operation. They have to check the weather when they book a package tour. They should arrange both arrival and departures, not just check one way and not checking the weather on the way back. This is the reason tourists were stuck on the island before, and it causes trouble for other sections. If they require boats to help service the tourists, they have to check they are serviced property, do not overload the boats, check they are safe and that all safety equipment on board is working efficiently.

The European Union Ambassadors and the United States Ambassador to Thailand, plus the Australian administrative council visited me in Phuket.

They asked me to help take care of their people. During our talks, they make points about security and the public safety of their people.

In relation to this issue, I would like to let everyone know that if they know of an incident that happens, please contact me with all the details. I require all the details though, not general information. Details such as name of the person, when, where, and other details, and I can help to follow it up.

The United States Ambassador to Thailand Kristie Kenney also thanked the island for helping assist the 6,000 visiting American navy crew men with transport and other activities during their recent stay.

Regard
Phuket Governor Maitree Intusut

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-greetings-for-july-40814.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-07-13

I'm trying to recall what exactly this governor has done besides miss key meetings. Can anyone shed some light as to the beneficial accomplishments of this particular appointed governor?

I haven't seen anyone sitting in that office doing anything which have made Phuket a better place to live 2013 than it was in 1993. Well there was one a few years ago who want to set a stop for more construction and a concrete jungle. Not surprisingly he got moved away after just 3 months in office.

• Like 1

Foreign tourists have to understand about Thai culture. cheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

There is more culture in "out of date yoghurt"

And for God's sake why would they want to (learn) anyway? they are here as tourists not students completing their 'masters or Ph.D thesis'

Foreign tourists have to understand about Thai culture.... you mean there are lessons to help learn how to lie, steal, scam, carry illegal weapons, engage in violence when you don't get your own way, engaging and profiteering from corrupt practices? wow that's one hell of a culture you've go there.sick.gif

Foreign tourists have to understand about Thai culture.... you mean there are lessons to help learn how to lie, steal, scam, carry illegal weapons, engage in violence when you don't get your own way, engaging and profiteering from corrupt practices? wow that's one hell of a culture you've go there.sick.gif

The Governor mixed up "Phuket culture" with "Thai culture." :) :)