Chachoengsau

diyer

Lots of factories and a few Japanese expats. Plenty of mosquito's and horrendous traffic especially on the weekend and public holidays. The locals flock to Wat Sothon on the weekends. I had a look at getting a place on the outskirts a couple of years ago, but just to little to do was one of the reasons I did not proceed.

I have a friend who lives there and was down that way the other weekend from Bangkok as it was a nice day for a drive. Unfortunately was also the end of the month and everyone had money in their pocket so lets go visit Wat Sothon. Took me and 1 1/2 to get there (80km) and 2 1/2 hours to get back. Not a pleasant drive and something I will avoid next time. Most of the time was wasted getting from Chachoengsao to the motorway averaging about 15km/h.

Cheers

We drive up to Khorat fairly often from Pattaya and have to go through that area. It's the worst part of the trip. Lots of trucks and commercial vehicles. Which drive terribly and tear up the roads.

I knew a guy who lived just north of there and he said it was hot, hot, hot. And boring. And windy.

My impression is it's a heavy industry area. If that's where your job is, then would be OK to live there.

Interesting.

Looking on a map there is little industry there.

The airport, hospital, school and 1 factory are present, but I was lead to believe this is mainly an agricultural area?

Quite a few factories and agri-business / power plants in that area. If you're going to be there on business or work, there are a few good hotels around that area. Would not want to live there fulltime though. As other posters have already commented, it is very boring, flat, and hot. Heavy industrial road traffic on crap roads as well.

Edited by huangnon