Unplanned Pregnancey

jammi

Hello, I know this is always a hot topic but I hope to recieve only positive response on this site please.

I just last nigh found out I am pregnant, I wish I could say this was a happy surprise but it is not well recieved news at this time.

I am a little confused to how this has happened, I had a accident on two occasions in the last month with my boyfreind, and on both occassions took the morning after pill. I was unsure if it was safe to take the morning after pill twice in the same month but my boyfreind spoke to the pharmacey and they said that this was fine and safe. Now I am unsure of how many weeks pregnant I am, if it happend on the first or second occasion. About a week after I took the second set of pills I had what I assumed was a period, which only lasted one day put My periods genrally are short and i put it down to side effects of the morning after pill.

I due to my finacial and mental state I do not wish to continue with the pregnancey. I have only last night realised that abortion is illegal in Thailand, although it seems it still happens if you know the right place to go. Has anyone here been in the same situation?

I am so unsure where to go, Is it best to return home to the u.k for treatment, or prehaps travel down to Signapore and go to a private clinic.

Freindly surportive advice is welcome only

Thanks

As abortion is illegal in Thailand it's probably best to have this procedure performed elsewhere. You'll get much better care and proper counselling.

I can't advise on the situation in Singapore I'm afraid, maybe someone else can, but I wish you all the best in working out a way to deal with your situation.

Thanks for the advice, I also read somewhere that cabbages and condoms actually carries out abortions however if this is illegal I do worry about all the saftey procedures.

Can anyone tell me when does morning sickness normaly occur in pregnancey? I have been feeling ill for a bout 3 weeks starting shortly after taken the second batch of pills and and asummed that it has been an emediate effect. However after doing a bit of reading on the net it seems that morning sickness develops after 3-4 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this. I am worried that I may be further pregnant than I originaly asumed. I will go to visit a doctor tomorrow when my boyfreind returns from a trip away. If anyone has any knowlege on this matter I would apreciate

i would, of course, check out the safety at C & C, but they are a well known organisation and i would tend to trust them.

i have had no experience with this myself, of course, but am sure that all will be ok.

a friend of mine had a termination at a major hospital in bkk a few years ago no questions asked.

Hmmm interesting about the legal aspects...I know at least a few thai ladies that have had abortions performed at major hospitals in Thailand.

As have I. Last one I knew did it cost 6000.00 Baht and no questions asked. Not sure if we are treading dangerously here discussing this. :o

Hmmm interesting about the legal aspects...I know at least a few thai ladies that have had abortions performed at major hospitals in Thailand.

As have I. Last one I knew did it cost 6000.00 Baht and no questions asked. Not sure if we are treading dangerously here discussing this. :o

Can i ask you where did you go for this?

Yes i think we are treading on dangerous grounds

\

Jammi,

I used to work at an unplanned pregnancy pro choice clinic. PM me or send an email (just click on my user name) if you have specific questions or concerns or just need to talk. As for Thailand the only thing I know is Farang women that I know have got abortions in the past through hospitals but that is the extent of the info I have on Thailand.

Meme

Edited by meme

Can anyone tell me when does morning sickness normaly occur in pregnancey? I have been feeling ill for a bout 3 weeks starting shortly after taken the second batch of pills and and asummed that it has been an emediate effect. However after doing a bit of reading on the net it seems that morning sickness develops after 3-4 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this. I am worried that I may be further pregnant than I originaly asumed.

I started with nausea and morning sickness after I was just 1 week late. So don't worry about the 3-4 weeks thing.

:o

first get a blood test verifying pregnancy; it could be hormonal inbalances due to the two times u took the morning after pill plus your regular pill.... and if u are pregnanct u could conceivably still miscarry due to the same hormonal affects (happened to my sister)... so do get the blood check or do the urine check first... and if u do have bleeding again get to a hospital since that could be miscarriage (happens often in first month of pregnancy anyway ).... dont assume that is your menstruation... (happened to me... though was my period, i was pregnant and hemorraghing.... so dont wait)....

good luck...

As stated above, the procedure is illegal in Thailand, although it is possible to get the procedure done. I would question the safety aspect of this myself. After all if they screw it up they could do unrepairable damage to your body and you wouldnt have any type of comeback.

Looking outside of Thaialnd maybe your best option here, try talking to your Doctor and find out what they recomend

Best of luck!

Take a couple of days and think it through first...

Uh why? I think its clear she doesnt want a baby. :o

Well if she is sure, but from here post she has only just found out - when you find out all kinds of thoughts go through your mind, can you afford, will you cope etc etc - i just think that sitting back for a few days and thinking is a wiser thing to do, if you make a decision too quickly which you cannot change back then you may (or may not) regret it later..

Hi everyone ,

I went to a local family planning clinic today and had a wich confirmed I am just six weeks into pregnancey. The language barriers did make everything difficult but they exsplained first to my boyfreind and then him to me. Aperntley as i am only 6 weeks there is another option. From what I understand they do the procedure over 2 days, Im not sure excactly what this procedure is but it seems as if it must e legal befor 9 weeks. The clinic I went to is goverment funded and they have booked me an apointment for next week.

i will still look into other places because i would really like to underatnd whats going on. I think the procedure maybe similar to induceing a miscarrige. Does anyone know any further info about this.

I will quiz my boyfreind agin later when he returns from work as to exactly how they exsplained the procedure.

Thanks for all you help and advice to date

Curette?

Edited to say: Vaccum aspiration?

Perhaps this:

"ABORTION PILL (RU-486):

The best known abortion pill is RU-486, also known as Mifepristone. It is only one of a family of chemical abortifacients which kill the developing human after fertilization.

These pills are sometimes referred to as "contagestives", "menses regulators", or "post-coital contraceptives". Chemical abortifacients are extremely potent drugs.

RU-486 is a synthetic steroid that blocks the action of the hormone progesterone, which is essential to maintaining pregnancy. Deprived of progesterone, the lining of the uterus sloughs off, killing the developing child.

In most cases the response of the mother's body is to release prostaglandin to cause a miscarriage. The "success" rate of the pill is raised by administering artificial prostaglandin several days after RU-486 is used.

RU-486 facilitates self-administered abortion, easily obtained in the earlist days of pregnancy.

"

Source:

Hi jammi,

Make sure you research this thoroughly first (try searching on the internet) because you may do some irrepairable damage to your body which may end up causing infertillity. Can you afford to go to one of the better hospitals to be checked out properly and discuss options? I really feel you'd be better off discussing this in English as lots of things can get lost in translation. I suggest you go to the women's center at either Samitevej (Sukhumvit 49) or Bumrungrad (Sukhumvit 1). Doctors fees are usually around 400 baht however there may be extra charges if they need to do more tests. I can recommend good doctors at both hospitals ... at Samitevej the doctor that dilevered my baby ... he's very friendly, very western in his thinking regarding childbirth (unlike many other doctors) and at Bumrungrad a doctor that trained and worked in the UK for 20 years. Even if they are not legally able to perform the procedure I'm sure they would give you proper advice. Or at least take meme up on the offer of advice .... she seems to know about these things. I don't want to say anything bad about government clinics as I am only making assumptions, but from personal experience and friends', even some private hospitals that are not as well known as the ones above can severely misdiagnose and mistreat. Even some doctors at the good hospitals can be wrong with their advice. I strongly suggest you seek advice from somewhere else, preferably from a recommended doctor or at least someone fluent in English

By the way, I meant to say that if you are 'six weeks' pregnant it most likely means the foetus is about 4 weeks .... the date is taken from the first day of your last period rather than from the date of conception. That means you probably concieved after your first 'accident'. I'd question the 'morning after' pill the pharmacist gave you .... you need to be extremely careful when buying 'prescription only' drugs over the counter as the pharmacies here tend over prescribe or give the wrong drugs very very easily.

Hi everyone ,

I went to a local family planning clinic today and had a wich confirmed I am just six weeks into pregnancey. The language barriers did make everything difficult but they exsplained first to my boyfreind and then him to me. Aperntley as i am only 6 weeks there is another option. From what I understand they do the procedure over 2 days, Im not sure excactly what this procedure is but it seems as if it must e legal befor 9 weeks. The clinic I went to is goverment funded and they have booked me an apointment for next week.

i will still look into other places because i would really like to underatnd whats going on. I think the procedure maybe similar to induceing a miscarrige. Does anyone know any further info about this.

I will quiz my boyfreind agin later when he returns from work as to exactly how they exsplained the procedure.

Thanks for all you help and advice to date

Dear Jammi,

If it us done over 2 days then I think it must be the RU-46 method (which involves actually 2 types of pill). I wasn't aware this was being done in Thailand, but perhaps it is.

If it is regular government or NGO family planning clinic you are going to, they will probably be safe, but still you might want to consider going to Singapore where you can get a quick small surgical procedure done as an outpatient (abortion is legal in Singapore) with explanation and counseling in English, this last is worth a lot! Air Asia has cheap fligths and you don't need a visa.

The following (per Singapore Ministry of Health regulations) is what the visit will entail:

"Procedure:

1. Turn up at approved clinic or hospital.

2. Referred to Ministry of Health for guidance and counselling if under 16 years old

3. Go for urine test to confirm pregnancy

4. Go for ultrasound of the pelvis to determine stage of pregnancy

5. Watch a 12-minute video on abortion

6. Wait 48 hours before having an abortion (Singapore citizens & permanent residents only) Non-citizens do not have to wait.

7. Undergo the abortion procedure

Estimated Cost:

S$150 - S$1,200 Restructure hospitals (government hospitals)

S$400 - S$2,000 Private clinics & hospitals

For further info/help you can contact:

Pregnancy Crisis Service

Tel: (65) 6339 9770

Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat: 9am - 5pm

Tue, Thu: 9am - 9pm

and you can get a full list of hospitals and clinics which do the procedure at:

http://www.getforme.com/health_abortioninstitutions_list.htm

Abortion is also legal in Cambodia up to 12 weeks, but the standard of medical care there is poor so I don't recommend it. Singapore has excelent standards.

You can PM me if I can be of any further help. Good luck.

Hello,

thankyou all so much for your advice and positive words. I have been to a clinic today and the problem has been delt with in a clean and safe manor. Now comes problem number 2 on my second ultrasound today they informed my that I have a cyst that i didnt know anything about so this is the next cause of concren.

Anyway I dont wish to dicuss this topic any more on this foram thread, but if anyone has any further questions or wants to talk you can p.m me

Ok thanks all