Car Port/ Driveway Sala

Mike45

I'm in the process of getting a quote to have a Car Port/ Driveway Sala built over my existing driveway area. I have no idea what the cost should be. I'm waiting for the quote from a big house builder. Do you have any idea what the quote should be?

I've attached a photo of a couple of structures that of the type I want. post-33663-1373759748362_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Price range could be 40K to 400K (or 500K plus for fully enclosed with remote door)

What dimensions do you want? Will you be using cement posts or steel? What type of roof? Do you want to delete the center posts like these photos? Do you want to finish the posts with trims and sandstone tiles like the photo? What lighting/electrical is needed? Will it be freestanding, or attached to the house?

Also, what province are you building in?

Price range could be 40K to 400K (or 500K plus for fully enclosed with remote door)

What dimensions do you want? Will you be using cement posts or steel? What type of roof? Do you want to delete the center posts like these photos? Do you want to finish the posts with trims and sandstone tiles like the photo? What lighting/electrical is needed? Will it be freestanding, or attached to the house?

Dimensions? Posts? Roof? Delete center posts? Post finished ? Freestanding?

Yes like the photo!

I'm having a builder build my house and I've requested a quote to add on one of these.

Do you think It would be reasonable to quote it out like the house by the square meter but at a lower price.

For example it the house is being priced out at 12,000/square meter could this kind of structure be quoted out at something like 4,000/square meter?

Yes like the photo!

I'm having a builder build my house and I've requested a quote to add on one of these.

Do you think It would be reasonable to quote it out like the house by the square meter but at a lower price.

For example it the house is being priced out at 12,000/square meter could this kind of structure be quoted out at something like 4,000/square meter?

Sorry, must have missed the dimensions on the photo LOL.

If they're charing 12K/sqm for the house, I'd expect them to want more like 8-9K/sqm for a carport. No way will it be 4K/sqm with cement posts and a CPAC roof.

As it's going to be >5M wide (it needs to be for 2 cars) you're going to be using a lot of steel to make trusses that will allow you to delete the center posts though, so that will push the price back up.

Edited by IMHO

Yes like the photo!

If they're charing 12K/sqm for the house, I'd expect them to want more like 8-9K/sqm for a carport. No way will it be 4K/sqm with cement posts and a CPAC roof.

As it's going to be >5M wide (it needs to be for 2 cars) you're going to be using a lot of steel to make trusses that will allow you to delete the center posts though, so that will push the price back up.

So if its 5X7= 35X4,000= 140,000 Baht???

I'm surprised by that figure. I had no idea that's what it would cost to build something like this. Does that sound correct?

Yes like the photo!

So if its 5X7= 35X4,000= 140,000 Baht???

I'm surprised by that figure. I had no idea that's what it would cost to build something like this. Does that sound correct?

Nope, I said 8-9K per sqm, so based on 35sqm that means 280,000 to 315,000.

The only things your carport doesn't have compared to a house is a floor, walls, doors/windows and plumbing - but on a sqm basis these are minor compared to the costs of foundations, posts, trusses, roof, ceilings, electrical and finishing work you carport still needs.

As far as carports go, what you're proposing is about as expensive as you can make it. The only way you could make it cost more would be a wider pillar-less span, and higher-end roof tiles wink.png

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

I am in the process of building one very much like this just not as fancy. 4 columns and 7 meter square with a single peaked roof. The original quote to build it complete was 350k. We have whittled that down to about 250 but no electric work and no ceiling and I will do the painting and electrics myself. So the guys suggesting around 350k are quite correct and this one has more finishing touches than mine so possibly even more.

• Like 2

I am in the process of building one very much like this just not as fancy. 4 columns and 7 meter square with a single peaked roof. The original quote to build it complete was 350k. We have whittled that down to about 250 but no electric work and no ceiling and I will do the painting and electrics myself. So the guys suggesting around 350k are quite correct and this one has more finishing touches than mine so possibly even more.

Thanks for that info. Location seems to effect price. Where is your build?