Best place to purchase a mattress?

texanaust

Where is the best place to purchase a quality mattress in Pattaya (and not get ripped off)? I need a king size that is relatively soft. The word they use in the USA is "plush." However, it needs to have support. Someone familiar with hard Thai beds probably knows what I am looking for. Thanks.

I bought my matress at Index. It was a bit pricey, but the most comfortable matress I have ever had... I get into bed and it is like "Ahhhh". I have had it for 7 years and it still feels like heaven. It came with a set of bed linen, pillows and bolsters.

The major brands Sealy, Serta, etc. are available just about everywhere, Central, HomePro, Index, Homeworks, etc. These brands are routinely discounted so shop for the best deal. I would avoid the Slumberland brand, although cheaper the quality is poor.

pinky & jimmys

pattaya Thai

left side as you approach junction with sukhumvit

big showroom, near to Seat boat

Avoid pinky & jimmy, they do not honor the warranty.

Bought from them in the past with 10 year warranty, springs broke after 5 months- they did nothing despite having the warranty.

For piece of mind buy reputable , known brand from department stores

Pattaya Nua south side, just about opposite the entrance to the main bus station.

Pattaya Klang north side, on the slip road at the Sukhumvit junction.

Check and see if they have what you want there, make a note of the prices and THEN check HomePro and Index for a comparison as they may have the same or similar item on a 'special'.

Edited by NanLaew

pinky & jimmys

pattaya Thai

Bought from them in the past with 10 year warranty, springs broke after 5 months- they did nothing despite having the warranty.

I will second that warning, and add, that they will charge you for delivery but won't tell you that until you conclude the sale. Maybe better dealing with the Sikh owner but did not like dealing with the son

pinky & jimmys

pattaya Thai

I will second that warning, and add, that they will charge you for delivery but won't tell you that until you conclude the sale. Maybe better dealing with the Sikh owner but did not like dealing with the son

I think they take turns in screwing people :)

I dealt with daughter and father and once with son.

Son just does not care at all, daughter seems to know everything, father is too tired already.

So they pass the buck to each other and in the end you left with nothing.

Mind you i was a bulk buyer, over 500 000 baht and yet still got screwed, while they were well aware i have hotel and will be buying more

Edited by lemoncake

I was thinking Homepro, but I'll give the others a look too. Latex is too hot for me-I had to return the one I bought from Costco. Of course returning in Thailand is wishful thinking, so I'll have to pick very carefully. I know Homepro delivers for free, but will they walk it up 28 floors for the "free delivery?" I doubt the lift will fit a King.

I bought my matress at Index. It was a bit pricey, but the most comfortable matress I have ever had... I get into bed and it is like "Ahhhh". I have had it for 7 years and it still feels like heaven. It came with a set of bed linen, pillows and bolsters.

We got ours at Index near the flyover. Great selection, but the higher end ones are not cheap. But they are great! We also got free pillows, bolsters, linens, etc. Sealy brand.

We got ours at Index near the flyover. Great selection, but the higher end ones are not cheap. But they are great! We also got free pillows, bolsters, linens, etc. Sealy brand.

Not really free...already included in the price. When I bought my last mattress there, i said I already had plenty of bed linens and didn't need or want anymore, the knocked off 2 or 3k off the price.

Not really free...already included in the price. When I bought my last mattress there, i said I already had plenty of bed linens and didn't need or want anymore, the knocked off 2 or 3k off the price.

We needed them! 55555

Amazing at how expensive good pillows and sheets are here. Crazy. We now bring them back from home on our trips there.

I spent a long time trying to find a quality mattress here. In my opinion the best I have seen are imported pocket sprung mattresses with at least 1500 springs. The more springs the more expensive. (Can go up to 4000) Only two shops nationally can cope with a variety to choose from. Index and Robinsons.

Spend as much as you can afford. You spend one third of your life in bed!

Edited by iancnx

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if the mattress brand LOTUS is any good? I have just tried all the recommended places and the most comfortable mattress is one at Homepro. The salesperson says its a Thai brand made from American materials (pocket springs, etc). This mattress is still pretty expensive, but less than the Sealy and Serta ones and it has the advantage of being softer.

Does anyone know if the mattress brand LOTUS is any good? I have just tried all the recommended places and the most comfortable mattress is one at Homepro. The salesperson says its a Thai brand made from American materials (pocket springs, etc). This mattress is still pretty expensive, but less than the Sealy and Serta ones and it has the advantage of being softer.

yes i have slept on one for years

its much better than a slumberland i bought at the same time

i bought the lotus for the guest room and slumberland for me

i soon swapped them over

bought the slumberland from homepro

the lotus from pinky jimmys

Yes I am alo interested in prices. And the LOTUS brand with springs could be my first chioice now . So where can I buy this in Pattaya area?

AS I SAID:

Thanks , would you be so kind and give me the address, I tried to google for a website but no luck.

Yes I am alo interested in prices. And the LOTUS brand with springs could be my first chioice now . So where can I buy this in Pattaya area?

AS I SAID:

Thanks , would you be so kind and give me the address, I tried to google for a website but no luck.

look back on this thread

post 4

blackman

• photo-thumb-81023.jpg?_r=0
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 2013-07-15 09:08:47

pinky & jimmys

pattaya Thai

Homepro Pattaya Klang

or

There's a mattress shop on South Pattaya Rd 50-100mts

on the left coming from the Sukhumvit Rd.

Home Pro is having a sale right now. Big discounts.

The question is when are they not having a mattress sale.

how true!

has anybody ever seen a non discounted mattress anywhere?

The Lotus Mattress at Homepro is a Marshall II, 20,000baht after discount at Homepro. You can also get the same price at Chic Republic (good selection). I have not decided what to purchase yet. There are some very nice Sealy Mattresses at Index. They run (after the usual bargaining) 58K and 78K for the top of the line and second to top. It was unfortunate that I laid on the two Sealys at Index as they made the Lotus look very much inferior.