Airport Bus to Mo Chit Bus Station - (& Airport Showers?)

alphason

1) Is it right that Bus A1 goes from/to DM airport to Mo Chit Bus station?

Where to catch at DM? Where to catch at Mo Chit? Anyone know the operating times/timetable?

2) On my return journey I will arrive after a long overnight bus journey to Mo Chit around 6AM, my onward flight departs DM at 11.45. Is there anywhere at the airport where I could take a shower while I am waiting?

Thank you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Just right outside the arrival hall at DM.

2. You can take shower at Mochit Toilet

Thanks CP3,

Do you know if the pick up at Mochit is the same place as the drop off?

Mochit toilet doesn't sound great but thanks anyway.

I have taken the A1 twice from Don Mueang to Mo Chit - very easy ; however, I have never been able to find the pick-up at Mo Chit to D.M. Any info on where the pick-up is at Mo Chit?

Actually those toilets have shower cubicles. If you'r taking overnight bus there is one stop before don muang, I'm not sure what it is called tho. Alight there and catch a taxi will be faster option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.airportthai.co.th/ewtadmin85_AOT/ewt/donmueang/ewt_news.php?nid=108&filename=sitemap___EN

Special Bus A1 and A2 park at the provided area within the airport , along the arrival platform at entrance No.7 of Terminal 1 during 08.30-23.30 hrs. with service routes as followings :
  • A 1 : Don Mueang Airport – BTS station (Mor Chit)/MRT station (Chatuchak)- Bangkok Bus Station (Mor Chit)- return to Don Mueang Airport
  • A 2 : Don Mueang Airport – BTS station (Mor Chit)/MRT station (Chatuchak) – Victory Monument (park at 522 bus station)- return to Don Mueang Airport
Note : The fare for A1 and A2 is 30 Baht throughout the route and the bus will give service every 20 minutes.

That means that you have to wait outside the gate at Mor Chit for the airport bus till it arrives. There is no booth to wait.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I investigated in person ahead of time. No, no showers at Don Muang like the good old days.

However taxi drivers are more than willing to take you to a couple of very nearby budget hotels that will allow you to shower for about 300 baht.

Using Google Translate here: http://donmueangairportthai.com/th/381-public-transport

Bus passenger A1 parking services within Bangkok International Airport Input the platform 1, Gate 7, Terminal Building 1, between 8.30 am to 23.30 am, with the service and the park below.
Line A1: Don Muang Airport - BTS Mo Chit / Chatuchak MRT station - Bus Bangkok - Don Mueang Airport back.
* Note: 30 baht all cables and turn off every 20 minutes.
On your return journey, from xxx-Mo Chit, the bus may travel down Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road right past the DMK (airport), so you may be able to request a stop for you in front of the airport - I think they make the turn onto Kamphaeng Phet 2 south of DMK at the Chatuchuk intersection to wind over to the Northeast Bus Terminal at Mo Chit(/Chatuchuk). But different buses might take different routes.
No idea on showers at DMK?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to the English language version of the Don Mueang Airport public transportation webpage, including details of the arriving bus lines and even their train connection.

Easy to read, but I can't vouch for whether all the details are up-to-date.

http://donmueangairportthai.com/en/381-public-transport

For example, tonight, I did a live chat online with an AOT rep, who told me that neither the A1 nor the A2 buses to Don Mueang are running anymore, even though the A1 is listed on the airport's web site.

Can anyone advise on that???

When I said I wanted to go from Mochit BTS to DM by bus, she originally suggested going to Suvarnabhumi and then taking the Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang shuttle bus from there.

But eventually after some more prodding, she offered up that both the local bus line 29 and the orange bus line 510 both stop on the highway out front of DM, but she said neither go inside the airport itself.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

A bit of an update here... And sorry for the confusion on the issue.

Today, during business hours, I called the AOT-DM general manager's office, and after getting bounced around a couple times, finally did get supposedly pertinent staff to tell me that the A1 bus is still operating between Mochit and DM. They seemed to say running from about 7:20 am until about 11 pm.

But trying to get simple information out of AOT a pretty sobering experience. After getting sent to the office that supposedly deals with transit, I get put on hold and it sounds like 5 people are having an argument/debate in the background for a good long while about whom to ask or what the correct answer is.

Not to mention the AOT chat rep being wrong in the first place about the A1 line having been canceled. sad.png Unless she was perhaps thinking/confused about the old AE lines that used to operate...

Again, sorry for the confusion. I just hope the latest guy in the main office are correct in their info.

Just read your posts TG. I suspect the original AOT person that you spoke to probably did think that you were asking about the old A1 - A4 private airport buses.

I saw an A1 a few weeks ago and couldn't imagine that they'd be withdrawn as many thais do use both services. Given that they are run by the BMTA, it may have been more useful to just call them instead. I checked their website, news section and nothing about suspending the service - though that doesn't mean much as websites are rarely up to date.

I think that the A1 was had the frequency increased back in Sept due to demand.

Had the opportunity on Sunday to take the A1 bus from Don Mueang Airport back to the Mochit BTS/MRT Stations. So, yes indeed, that service is still running.

On a quiet Sunday morning about 11 am, the trip took about 20 minutes back to Mochit with virtually no traffic, and the bus traveled most of the way via the elevated express way. Fare is 30 baht per person one-way.

One kind of downside to using this bus is it's fitted out exactly the same as any regular passenger bus, which it presumably once was, and thus has no special racks or storage spaces for luggage. Fortunately, the bus was less than half full of passengers on our trip, so the wife and I simply kept our small suitcases on the empty seats next to us.

Here's the pictures and info related to the A1 service, which runs from early morning until late night. The bus stops at Don Mueang Airport right outside the domestic flights arrivals area, curbside, with well marked signage. The bus lets off at Mochit just a bit short of reaching the MRT and BTS station entrances there.

post-58284-0-30873300-1388384745_thumb.j post-58284-0-27226200-1388384758_thumb.j post-58284-0-82349300-1388384785_thumb.j

post-58284-0-42267600-1388384766_thumb.j post-58284-0-80735800-1388384773_thumb.j

Had the opportunity on Sunday to take the A1 bus from Don Mueang Airport back to the Mochit BTS/MRT Stations. So, yes indeed, that service is still running.

TGJ, do you know if the bus continues on to the Mochit bus station?

I got off at BTS/MRT the other day...

But as Mario says, the AOT website also says the A1 bus still travels onward to the Mochit Bus Station after stopping at Mochit BTS/MRT.

It has been reported that the Suthep crowd plan to block the Lad Prao junction from 13 January - I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?

I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS..........

I got off at BTS/MRT the other day...

But as Mario says, the AOT website also says the A1 bus still travels onward to the Mochit Bus Station after stopping at Mochit BTS/MRT.

It has been reported that the Suthep crowd plan to block the Lad Prao junction from 13 January - I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?

I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS..........

It won't take the Expressway and wouldn't matter even if it did as it would still have to exit either prior to the intersection or after and then do and U-Turn and come from the south. So it would still use the intersection. The A2 might be diverted to travel straight down Vihavadi to enter Victory from Din Daeng but that is speculation on my part.

You might as well be asking what the temperature will be on the 17th or the what the index of the SET will be on that day.

No one can answer your question at this time as ;

1) no one knows how the intersection will be blocked exactly and if it will be successful,

2) you land 4 days later so who knows what the situation will be like by then.

However, the PRDC has promised to allow buses to pass through blocked intersections and that they will not disrupt public transport, trains, BTS , MRT etc - most of them are using it to get to protests in any event. What that means in reality we'll have to see.

Obviously, monitor the press and here, act accordingly and always be flexible with your plans.