Airport Bus to Mo Chit Bus Station - (& Airport Showers?)

alphason

I got off at BTS/MRT the other day...

But as Mario says, the AOT website also says the A1 bus still travels onward to the Mochit Bus Station after stopping at Mochit BTS/MRT.

http://donmueangairportthai.com/en/381-public-transport

It has been reported that the Suthep crowd plan to block the Lad Prao junction from 13 January - I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?

I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS..........

It won't take the Expressway and wouldn't matter even if it did as it would still have to exit either prior to the intersection or after and then do and U-Turn and come from the south. So it would still use the intersection. The A2 might be diverted to travel straight down Vihavadi to enter Victory from Din Daeng but that is speculation on my part.

You might as well be asking what the temperature will be on the 17th or the what the index of the SET will be on that day.

No one can answer your question at this time as ;

1) no one knows how the intersection will be blocked exactly and if it will be successful,

2) you land 4 days later so who knows what the situation will be like by then.

However, the PRDC has promised to allow buses to pass through blocked intersections and that they will not disrupt public transport, trains, BTS , MRT etc - most of them are using it to get to protests in any event. What that means in reality we'll have to see.

Obviously, monitor the press and here, act accordingly and always be flexible with your plans.

Thanks for your reply. Note I asked specifically what the route was & how it could change to avoid the blockage, I did not ask for any predictions about the situation on the 17th so your diatribe on the SET & weather was superfluous.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I took the A1 from Don Mueang to Mochit BTS a week back, my bus took the expressway from the airport to a point about 5 minutes from the BTS station. But I'm not sure how that route relates to the planned upcoming demonstrations.

Meanwhile, FWIW, there's another thread running here about the folks who run the Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang shuttle bus announcing that they're doing a route change to avoid the potential demonstrations, and warning that the airport-to-airport trip might be longer as a result.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694237-change-to-free-shuttle-bus-route-time-5-jan-2014/

Still, given the protest date is still a week away and your travel (Harry) is planned to be some days after that, it's pretty difficult to predict how the route might be impacted or what changes they might make to deal with the situation. If anything changes, someone here on T.V. probably will report it and you'd be likely to hear/see it here first.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

I got off at BTS/MRT the other day...

But as Mario says, the AOT website also says the A1 bus still travels onward to the Mochit Bus Station after stopping at Mochit BTS/MRT.

http://donmueangairportthai.com/en/381-public-transport

It has been reported that the Suthep crowd plan to block the Lad Prao junction from 13 January - I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?

I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS..........

It won't take the Expressway and wouldn't matter even if it did as it would still have to exit either prior to the intersection or after and then do and U-Turn and come from the south. So it would still use the intersection. The A2 might be diverted to travel straight down Vihavadi to enter Victory from Din Daeng but that is speculation on my part.

You might as well be asking what the temperature will be on the 17th or the what the index of the SET will be on that day.

No one can answer your question at this time as ;

1) no one knows how the intersection will be blocked exactly and if it will be successful,

2) you land 4 days later so who knows what the situation will be like by then.

However, the PRDC has promised to allow buses to pass through blocked intersections and that they will not disrupt public transport, trains, BTS , MRT etc - most of them are using it to get to protests in any event. What that means in reality we'll have to see.

Obviously, monitor the press and here, act accordingly and always be flexible with your plans.

Thanks for your reply. Note I asked specifically what the route was & how it could change to avoid the blockage, I did not ask for any predictions about the situation on the 17th so your diatribe on the SET & weather was superfluous.

Diatribe?!? Ha, you might wish to avail yourself to the use of a dictionary.

You asked about an event that has not even occurred. An impending event which no one knows how it will be implemented, let alone if it will be relevant on the 17th! You are asking others to gaze into a crystal ball and speculate on the future.

You explicitly asked "how it (the route) could change...". If that is not asking for a prediction I don't know what is!!! If the 17th was not relevant then you would have not felt the need to ask the question. Obviously, you have an apprehension of concern and that is why you asked the question.

To that extent and that the answer was limited to the A1, using the examples given to illustrate the point that your question was generally pointless was highly pertinent.

Just take a taxi, you'll eventually end up at your destination. Enjoy.

Where exactly is the pickup point at mo chit bts ?

To go north to DM Airport, you'd catch the A1 bus on the park side of the road as you exit from the Mochit BTS station.

I haven't taken the bus in that direction, so sorry I can't be more specific. But I'd assume the pickup point is somewhere in the range of the north and south exits/entry points to the BTS station there.

There's several different groupings of bus pickup points along that stretch of road. They also have a lot of the bus route numbers printed on the bus shelters there. So look to see if there's an A1 listed. Or.... just wait roadside until you spot the orange-colored A-1 bus coming down the road, and then follow it to its stopping space. They're not all that far apart.

You asked about an event that has not even occurred. An impending event which no one knows how it will be implemented, let alone if it will be relevant on the 17th! You are asking others to gaze into a crystal ball and speculate on the future.

You explicitly asked "how it (the route) could change...". If that is not asking for a prediction I don't know what is!!! If the 17th was not relevant then you would have not felt the need to ask the question. Obviously, you have an apprehension of concern and that is why you asked the question.

To that extent and that the answer was limited to the A1, using the examples given to illustrate the point that your question was generally pointless was highly pertinent.

Nonsense it is you who need a dictionary & reading glasses together with something better to do with your time.

The intention to create a blockage at the Lad Prao junction has been repeated many times by Suthep & even illustrated on maps.

So the specific question of whether the A1 bus will be able to get to Morchit BTS in those stated circumstances is highly pertinent & actually you answered it - which shows that it could not have been too taxing a question if it was within your clearly limited scope.

The fact I was landing on the 17th was a separate point as indicated by it being a separate sentence with no question mark attached. That you incorrectly interpreted as seeking information about the 17th & proceeded to ramble on about the SET & the weather is again a problem for your mental processes not mine.

When I took the A1 from Don Mueang to Mochit BTS a week back, my bus took the expressway from the airport to a point about 5 minutes from the BTS station. But I'm not sure how that route relates to the planned upcoming demonstrations.

Meanwhile, FWIW, there's another thread running here about the folks who run the Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang shuttle bus announcing that they're doing a route change to avoid the potential demonstrations, and warning that the airport-to-airport trip might be longer as a result.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694237-change-to-free-shuttle-bus-route-time-5-jan-2014/

Still, given the protest date is still a week away and your travel (Harry) is planned to be some days after that, it's pretty difficult to predict how the route might be impacted or what changes they might make to deal with the situation. If anything changes, someone here on T.V. probably will report it and you'd be likely to hear/see it here first.

Thanks, it was the route change to the Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang shuttle bus that had already been implemented in advance of the widely anticipated demonstrations, that prompted my question about the A1 & whether similar diversions might be undertaken for that service. I will of course be following announcements closely and will be posting my experiences on the 17th.

Nonsense it is you who need a dictionary & reading glasses together with something better to do with your time.

The intention to create a blockage at the Lad Prao junction has been repeated many times by Suthep & even illustrated on maps.

So the specific question of whether the A1 bus will be able to get to Morchit BTS in those stated circumstances is highly pertinent & actually you answered it - which shows that it could not have been too taxing a question if it was within your clearly limited scope.

The fact I was landing on the 17th was a separate point as indicated by it being a separate sentence with no question mark attached. That you incorrectly interpreted as seeking information about the 17th & proceeded to ramble on about the SET & the weather is again a problem for your mental processes not mine.

Lat Phrao intersection has never been been blockaded in this protest cycle, and only once in 2010 by the reds. Only two times in this cycle when crowds were passing by from Chaeng Wattana going down Vihavadi rd was it disrupted.

This is what you wrote. It is obvious why you asked the question and you reiterate that fact in the above post. "that prompted my question about the A1 & whether similar diversions might be undertaken for that service. I will of course be following announcements closely and will be posting my experiences on the 17th." You are landing 4 days after the announced blockade and are apprehensive about getting from the airport to Mo Chit.

Not sure why you now feel the need to try to suggest that both are unconnected just because you feel embarrassed about something in your OP. You might want to go easy on the 'mental process' angle lest you make yourself look even more foolish.

In any event, as was pointed out no one knows at this stage but we'll all have a better idea by this time next week.

Where exactly is the pickup point at mo chit bts ?

To go north to DM Airport, you'd catch the A1 bus on the park side of the road as you exit from the Mochit BTS station.

I haven't taken the bus in that direction, so sorry I can't be more specific. But I'd assume the pickup point is somewhere in the range of the north and south exits/entry points to the BTS station there.

There's several different groupings of bus pickup points along that stretch of road. They also have a lot of the bus route numbers printed on the bus shelters there. So look to see if there's an A1 listed. Or.... just wait roadside until you spot the orange-colored A-1 bus coming down the road, and then follow it to its stopping space. They're not all that far apart.

Just to add to TGJ's post.

The easiest stop adjacent to Mo Chit is at the base of Exit 3 (stairs to the left no escalator), http://www.bts.co.th/customer/en/images/area-map/N8_update.gif

Be aware that many buses stop there and sometimes taxis also block the bus lane. The AI might stop 2 lanes out so keep an eye out for it.

I previously pics of what the A1 looks like in the Shuttle thread, this might help you...hard to miss it.

bus_donmeung.jpg

If travelling in the afternoon peak allow an extra 30 mins travel time to be safe.

Lat Phrao intersection has never been been blockaded in this protest cycle, and only once in 2010 by the reds. Only two times in this cycle when crowds were passing by from Chaeng Wattana going down Vihavadi rd was it disrupted.

This is what you wrote. It is obvious why you asked the question and you reiterate that fact in the above post. "that prompted my question about the A1 & whether similar diversions might be undertaken for that service. I will of course be following announcements closely and will be posting my experiences on the 17th." You are landing 4 days after the announced blockade and are apprehensive about getting from the airport to Mo Chit.

Not sure why you now feel the need to try to suggest that both are unconnected just because you feel embarrassed about something in your OP. You might want to go easy on the 'mental process' angle lest you make yourself look even more foolish.

In any event, as was pointed out no one knows at this stage but we'll all have a better idea by this time next week.

Are you on the bottle before you post ?

This thread is about the Airport Bus to Morchit. I asked a simple specific question about that & you have turned this into a flame war because you misunderstood a two sentence post.

The reasoning behind my question:

1. A thread appeared on 5 January 'Change to free shuttle bus route & time 5 Jan 2014'.

This showed that in anticipation of the shutdown on 13 January the shuttle organisers for the Suvanabhumi to Don Muang route had made changes that took the route further away from the intended traffic disruption. In summary they had acted upon the information made public about intended disruption on the 13th to traffic along that route & altered it in advance. Later in that thread you make the observation: "On the one hand the foresight by the AOT & BMTA to adjust the route prior to the 13th is positive.."

2. As Suthep & the PDRC have repeatedly stated they intention to block the Lad Phrao junction (that the junction has not previously been blocked is irrelevant & I have never stated otherwise). This is clearly stated many times & has been reproduced on many maps, see Richard Barrow's excellent real time coverage, again today he places at Number 1 the Lad Phrao junction.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/420687585632354306/photo/1

3. I put (1) and (2) together and pose the question whether it would be possible to adjust the route for the A1 bus to Morchit prior to the 13th as they clearly had done for the Suvanabhumi service. A perfectly rational and reasonable question to ask unless you are irrational & unreasonable it seems (or had too much from the bottle). As I live in the east of Bangkok I have no idea of route alternatives in that area, hence posing that simple single question - as indicated by the question mark at the end.

4. I made a simple statement to the effect I was landing on the 17th, to make clear this topic was of practical not simply theoretical relevance to me. At no stage did I seek information or views on what would actually be happening on the 17th because it is simply irrational to ask that question. Nobody not even the major players - Yingluck, Suthep & Prayuth - have any idea what turn events will take over the next 10 days as there are so many variables. So you criticise me firstly for asking a question about a possible route alteration that you had already acknowledged had occurred on another airport service & praised the organisers for their "foresight", and then for asking a question I simply did not ask. Irrational & unreasonable behaviour - lay off the bottle!

4. I made a simple statement to the effect I was landing on the 17th, to make clear this topic was of practical not simply theoretical relevance to me.

Again, you are spending much time and energy seeking to rewrite the basis of your original post. But here you do contradict yourself and admit what I stated at the outset. It was of practical relevance to you because you are landing on the 17th.

If there was no relevance, you would not have mentioned that you were landing on the 17th and that you were considering the A1. "I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS....." Ergo, both are connected. Why you keep denying that is frankly very bemusing.

At no stage did I seek information or views on what would actually be happening on the 17th because it is simply irrational to ask that question. Nobody not even the major players - Yingluck, Suthep & Prayuth - have any idea what turn events will take over the next 10 days as there are so many variables. So you criticise me firstly for asking a question about a possible route alteration that you had already acknowledged had occurred on another airport service & praised the organisers for their "foresight", and then for asking a question I simply did not ask. Irrational & unreasonable behaviour - lay off the bottle!

Where do I acknowledge the route change to the other airport service in this thread??? Pls do highlight that as I don't recollect writing anything of the sort in this thread. I appreciate you are grasping at straws in your apparent need to prove something but it really is quite mischievous to intentionally misrepresent people posts by drawing from another thread - and in a post written after my initial response in this thread. That can only be charactised as desperate.

The basis of this appears to be that you were a little upset - a diatribe as you called it - that I used the following analogy to highlight that we can't predict what will happen on the 17th; "You might as well be asking what the temperature will be on the 17th or the what the index of the SET will be on that day.". Now, finally in this long post you implicitly acknowledge the silliness of your original query. Astoundingly, you have taken my initial point with some belated revisionism seeking to represent it as if it was your thinking all along! Wow, how brazen!

You are upset enough to question a posters mental processes and suggest they are on the bottle. All fine, if it makes you feel better. However, for what ever reason you are embarrassed I'd suggest let it go and consider spending time finding good info useful for other travelers.

Safe travels :)

Anyway of more interest to most, the AOT posted this on their website for what it is worth. I checked about the A1 service for tomorrow;

AoT offers alternative roadmaps to/from Don Mueang airport 12 January 2014

The Airports of Thailand Plc (AoT) has provided alternative roadmaps to and from Don Mueang airport to get around traffic problems caused by thedemonstration beginning on Monday(January 13).

Passengers are also advised to reach the airport three hours in advance for international flight check-in and two hours for domestic to ensure smooth departures.

Don Mueang general manager Chaturongkapon Sodmanee said there are alternative roads to Don Mueang airport which the travelling public are advised to take if the two main roads - Vibhavadi Rangsit and the Don Mueang Tollways -became problematic.

From the inner Bangkok, the public should take Chaeng Watana Expressway, exiting at Sri Saman, then heading towards Song Prabha road till its end, turning left to Cherd Wuthakat road, straight on till a three-way junction, turning right crossing the railway tracks to take the U-turn bridge where the sign of Don Mueang can be seen, onward to get into the in-bound Vibhavadi Rangsit road and to get to the airport through ``Tor Dor Mor 3'' and ``Tor Do Mor 4'' channels.

The other access to the airport is through the out-bound Kanchana Pisek Road heading towards Bang Pa-in, keeping left to exit at Lamlukha, follow the Phaholyothin sign to get to the Lamlukha Road for about 400 metres, turning left to cross a bridge over a canel until the end of the road, turning left and taking a U-turn with the ``Rangsit'' sign, keeping left to enter Vibhavadi Rangsit road before taking “ Entrance 3 ” and “ Entrance 4 '' channels.

In addition, Don Mueang Airport has set aside areas within the cargo terminals and the 5-storey car park (situated between cargo terminals #2 and #3 with the capacity of 1,500 cars) where members of the public affected by the demonstration can park their vehicles for free.

AoT has coordinated with the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) will also provide free regular shuttle bus services between the cargo terminals to Don Mueang train station to offer an alternative transportation mode to get into and out of inner Bangkok.

For additional information and assistance, call Don Mueang Coordinating Centre at 02 535 3861, 24-hour.

I rang the above number at 1am tonight and the woman stated that the A1 will be running as normal tomorrow. She stated that the A2 was not running. (I neglected to ask if that was only tomorrow or ongoing)

I pressed her (in thai) to explain the route and she stated that it will take the expressway past the intersection exiting before Suttisan, do a U turn at Suttisan and be given passage by the PDRC through the intersection from the south to turn left into Phaholyothin rd. She did state that may change depending on the exact situation.

Of course that can all change by tomorrow am but it seems the BMTA and PRDC are at least coordinating to a degree.

I was at Central Latphrao late afternoon Sun and departed at 6:15pm, drove down Vihavadi south. There were already police and protestors around the area. Spoke to some police who stated that Vihavadi would stay open tomorrow. Checked the news at 7:30pm and the intersection had already been blocked according to reports.

Nice that the AOT folks write that big long post about driving directions.... but fail to make any mention in their writeup of the status of the actual A1 airport shuttle bus service.

I hope the call center person will be more accurate about the A1 than the police were about the road being open / closed.

4. I made a simple statement to the effect I was landing on the 17th, to make clear this topic was of practical not simply theoretical relevance to me.

Again, you are spending much time and energy seeking to rewrite the basis of your original post. But here you do contradict yourself and admit what I stated at the outset. It was of practical relevance to you because you are landing on the 17th.

If there was no relevance, you would not have mentioned that you were landing on the 17th and that you were considering the A1. "I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS....." Ergo, both are connected. Why you keep denying that is frankly very bemusing.

On this issue you are clearly unhinged. You disrupt a thread where normal decent balanced human beings are asking & receiving information regarding the A1 service to continue an infantile flame war.

To deal with your desperate attempt to hide your foolishness. My question was specifically about a possible route change to the A1 service from the 13th January in the light of the alteration announced for the shuttle link between the two airports. You stated on the thread dealing with that topic, I quote directly “On the one hand the foresight by the AOT & BMTA to adjust the route prior to the 13th is positive.." That comment was posted by ‘Lakegeneve’ - are you denying that is you? Perhaps there are two people using that account - one who posts useful, relevant information and the other an unhinged, immature flamer - perhaps a child ?

Clearly a rational individual seeing that route change would wonder if the airport authorities might have the “foresight” to similarly alter the route of the A1, the specific question I asked was whether it was a practical proposition to alter the route. That was the sole information requested - something that actually requires nobody to predict anything - that your unhinged mind entirely erroneously expands that into a general question asking for predictions into the future, is a matter you should pursue with specialist medical personnel. Stop undermining this thread with this nonsense, if you don’t have any useful work in the daytime, do something worthwhile like collecting litter in the park.

On this issue you are clearly unhinged. You disrupt a thread where normal decent balanced human beings are asking & receiving information regarding the A1 service to continue an infantile flame war.

To deal with your desperate attempt to hide your foolishness. My question was specifically about a possible route change to the A1 service from the 13th January in the light of the alteration announced for the shuttle link between the two airports. You stated on the thread dealing with that topic, I quote directly “On the one hand the foresight by the AOT & BMTA to adjust the route prior to the 13th is positive.." That comment was posted by ‘Lakegeneve’ - are you denying that is you? Perhaps there are two people using that account - one who posts useful, relevant information and the other an unhinged, immature flamer - perhaps a child ?

Clearly a rational individual seeing that route change would wonder if the airport authorities might have the “foresight” to similarly alter the route of the A1, the specific question I asked was whether it was a practical proposition to alter the route. That was the sole information requested - something that actually requires nobody to predict anything - that your unhinged mind entirely erroneously expands that into a general question asking for predictions into the future, is a matter you should pursue with specialist medical personnel. Stop undermining this thread with this nonsense, if you don’t have any useful work in the daytime, do something worthwhile like collecting litter in the park.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks!"

I don't mind that you keep rushing to reply, spending time and energy rewriting history for whatever reason best known to you. However, now you are so desperate that you are misrepresenting facts and being intentionally misleading. You are not even clutching at straws anymore.....you have now stooped to making statements which are blatantly untrue according to time.

You posted your original post asking about changes to the A1 as you are due to arrive on the 17th and are considering using it. Post at Posted 2014-01-06 14:29:33. I posted my reply, Posted 2014-01-06 18:15:11

Both of these posts occurred BEFORE the post in a completely different thread about the airport shuttle in the Swampy sub forum. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694237-change-to-free-shuttle-bus-route-time-5-jan-2014/#entry7254897 (Easy to link threads if you want to ref them and use a quote but I understand why you didn't). The post the quote is from was made at Posted 2014-01-06 18:30:53 ie, it was made some 4 hrs after your first post.

Now in your desperation, you not only want to deny the basis of your first post but intentionally rewrite the time space continuum by lying....

My question was specifically about a possible route change to the A1 service from the 13th January in the light of the alteration announced for the shuttle link between the two airports. You stated on the thread dealing with that topic, I quote directly “On the one hand the foresight by the AOT & BMTA to adjust the route prior to the 13th is positive.."

You are now stating that a post that you made at 14:29:33 which I then replied to at 18:15:11 was somehow based on a post I made in another thread at 18:30:53!! Wow!

Not only did you ask us to predict what the A1 would be doing on the 17th but you based your post on what I was going to write 4 hrs before I actually did!! I've seen people stoop to low behaviour here by misquoting others and intentionally mislead. However, this is the first time I've seen someone desperate enough to rewrite time!

Your conduct speaks for itself. I suggested to let it go last time and find some useful info to add to the thread. Some of us actually do contribute info for the benefit of others - which you patently have not done at all.

On that front, the AOT has yesterday confirmed the current A1 route as follows;

- Expressway to Vihavadi north of Ratchadapisek rd,

- Vihavadi rd turns left into Ratchadapisek rd heading west across the Vihavadi overpass,

- Exits Ratchadapisek and heads south down Kampaeng Phet 2 (where it passes Mo Chit Bus station)

- Turns left at SW corner of Chatuchak market into Kampaeng Phet rd,

- Turns left into Phahonyothin rd

- Terminates south of BTS Mo Chit station opp DLT (Land Transport office)

For the return journey the A1 apparently heads directly north through the bloackade and straight onto Vihavadi..

Note that most buses which normally pass north through the blockade area are currently diverted via Kamphaeng Phet 2 rd (which is also used by intercity buses) so it is much heavier than normal

If anyone needs clarification of that route description just ask. However, given that traffic is very light and most people are reporting journey times of 20 mins from central BKK to DMK I'd suggest that it is a great time to take a taxi.

Edited by Lakegeneve

For those that can read Thai here is the AOT update on the A1 (currently operating 7:30am to 11:30pm) and map

(The map actually suggests that the bus heads directly north through the blockade - purple arrows which may be the case if one lane is still open)

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%99%E0%

ข้อมูลล่าสุด เส้นทางการเดินรถ ขสมก. ประเภทต่างๆจาก ท่าอากาศยานดอนเมือง
1.) รถเวียนสถานีรถไฟดอนเมือง – จอดรับที่ คลังสินค้า 1, อาคารจอดรถ 5 ชั้น (ระหว่างคลังสินค้า 2 และ 3) และ คลังสินค้า 4 – กลับรถหน้าเจ๊เล้งและตรงไปสถานีรถไฟดอนเมือง (ใช้รถธรรมดา ไม่เสียค่าโดยสาร) (ให้บริการเวลา 06.00 น. – 18.00 น.)
2.) รถสาย A1 - ใช้เส้นทางยกระดับดอนเมืองโทลล์เวย์ – ลงรัชดาภิเษก- ขึ้นสะพานรัชวิภา - ลงที่ถนนกำแพงเพชร 2 - เลี้ยวซ้ายเข้าถนนพหลโยธิน - กลับรถบริเวณหน้าสำนักงานใหญ่ธนาคารทหารไทย - จอดรับผู้โดยสารบริเวณหน้าที่จอดรถ BTS หมอชิต - ผ่านหน้า อตก. เเละกลับรถบริเวณโรงปูน - เลี้ยวซ้ายเข้าถนนกำแพงเพชร 2 และขึ้นโทลล์เวย์บริเวณหน้าสำนักงานตำรวจภูธร 1 -ตรงไปท่าอากาศยานดอนเมือง (ใช้รถปรับอากาศยูโร คิดค่าโดยสาร 30 บาทตลอดสาย) (ให้บริการเวลา 07.30 น. – 23.30 น.)
3.) รถเวียน ดอนเมือง - หมอชิต - วิ่งเส้นทางเดียวกับสาย A1 แต่ไม่ขึ้นทางยกระดับฯ (ใช้รถธรรมดา ไม่คิดค่าโดยสาร) (ให้บริการ
เวลา 06.00 น. – 20.00 น.)
Edited by Lakegeneve

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks!"

I don't mind that you keep rushing to reply, spending time and energy rewriting history for whatever reason best known to you. However, now you are so desperate that you are misrepresenting facts and being intentionally misleading. You are not even clutching at straws anymore.....you have now stooped to making statements which are blatantly untrue according to time.

You posted your original post asking about changes to the A1 as you are due to arrive on the 17th and are considering using it. Post at Posted 2014-01-06 14:29:33. I posted my reply, Posted 2014-01-06 18:15:11

Both of these posts occurred BEFORE the post in a completely different thread about the airport shuttle in the Swampy sub forum. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/694237-change-to-free-shuttle-bus-route-time-5-jan-2014/#entry7254897 (Easy to link threads if you want to ref them and use a quote but I understand why you didn't). The post the quote is from was made at Posted 2014-01-06 18:30:53 ie, it was made some 4 hrs after your first post.

Now in your desperation, you not only want to deny the basis of your first post but intentionally rewrite the time space continuum by lying....

My question was specifically about a possible route change to the A1 service from the 13th January in the light of the alteration announced for the shuttle link between the two airports. You stated on the thread dealing with that topic, I quote directly “On the one hand the foresight by the AOT & BMTA to adjust the route prior to the 13th is positive.."

You are now stating that a post that you made at 14:29:33 which I then replied to at 18:15:11 was somehow based on a post I made in another thread at 18:30:53!! Wow!

Not only did you ask us to predict what the A1 would be doing on the 17th but you based your post on what I was going to write 4 hrs before I actually did!! I've seen people stoop to low behaviour here by misquoting others and intentionally mislead. However, this is the first time I've seen someone desperate enough to rewrite time!

Your conduct speaks for itself. I suggested to let it go last time and find some useful info to add to the thread. Some of us actually do contribute info for the benefit of others - which you patently have not done at all.

On that front, the AOT has yesterday confirmed the current A1 route as follows;

- Expressway to Vihavadi north of Ratchadapisek rd,

- Vihavadi rd turns left into Ratchadapisek rd heading west across the Vihavadi overpass,

- Exits Ratchadapisek and heads south down Kampaeng Phet 2 (where it passes Mo Chit Bus station)

- Turns left at SW corner of Chatuchak market into Kampaeng Phet rd,

- Turns left into Phahonyothin rd

- Terminates south of BTS Mo Chit station opp DLT (Land Transport office)

For the return journey the A1 apparently heads directly north through the bloackade and straight onto Vihavadi..

Note that most buses which normally pass north through the blockade area are currently diverted via Kamphaeng Phet 2 rd (which is also used by intercity buses) so it is much heavier than normal

If anyone needs clarification of that route description just ask. However, given that traffic is very light and most people are reporting journey times of 20 mins from central BKK to DMK I'd suggest that it is a great time to take a taxi.

So the route of the A1 service HAS been changed to bypass the protests - entire, absolute 100% vindication for the simple reasonable question I posed. So people like myself using the airport are now aware that the authorities have - at least currently - found a solution & the A1 is still running. How humiliating for you to have ranted & raved for over a week over nothing.
Now you attempt to further falsify what has been stated - of course the only way you can pretend to be right is to falsify what is said. I posed my original first post on 2014-01-06 14:29:33, having read the thread that began over a day earlier at 2014-01-05 07:06:01 of the route change announced to another airport shuttle. That is what sparked my simple single question as to whether there might be a route change to the A1 to take account of the Lad Phrao crossing protest. That route change has now been announced!
So my simple question, I quote directly "...I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?.." had no resemblance to your statement ''Not only did you ask us to predict what the A1 would be doing on the 17th" - that is simply untrue as I did not ask any such question & your ongoing irrational rant is simply an attempt to cover your initial stupid error of comprehension.
Nor in any way is your mad mad claim (the bottle again?) that I attempted to "rewrite time". I made no claim to have read your post on the thread regarding the Don Mueang - Suvarnabhumi Shuttle prior to posting my question on 6 January. In my later post of 2014-01-08 15:33:36 I stated and I quote directly from that post "... Later in that thread you make the observation: "On the one hand the foresight by the AOT..." making the point that you were later praising the authorities for a route change when all I was asking was if such a route change could be possible for the A1. But at no stage in my original post of 6 January did I state I had read your post before you posted it - are you such a total buffoon not to understand that is not possible - but once it has been posted I can refer to it in a later post. Comprendo or no-comprendo "l-a-t-e-r" ?
Anyway at last after another pointless immature diatribe, you have posted something useful namely that the A1 route change has now been announced and passengers can currently use it to get to Morchit BTS - so simple question whether it would be possible was entirely sensible and appropriate to this thread.
If you don't understand a simple two sentence post containing one simple specific question, you should move on to other simpler posts that are within your clearly limited ability. Should I use Disneyland emoticons - perhaps Bugs Bunny & Micky Mouse - to help you understand simple posts more easily?

So the route of the A1 service HAS been changed to bypass the protests - entire, absolute 100% vindication for the simple reasonable question I posed. So people like myself using the airport are now aware that the authorities have - at least currently - found a solution & the A1 is still running. How humiliating for you to have ranted & raved for over a week over nothing.

As usual, you ignore what you don't wish to see, I had already posted on the 13th at 2am that a route change would be implemented after calling the AOT - post 42#. Intentionally you missed that as if the last update was the first made?? Isn't that typical of you. I have subsequently updated the AOT info, twice in recent days as further info became available. Yet another failed attempt by you with misrepresenting facts but given your track record I guess that one should not be surprised.......

Now you attempt to further falsify what has been stated - of course the only way you can pretend to be right is to falsify what is said. I posed my original first post on 2014-01-06 14:29:33, having read the thread that began over a day earlier at 2014-01-05 07:06:01 of the route change announced to another airport shuttle. That is what sparked my simple single question as to whether there might be a route change to the A1 to take account of the Lad Phrao crossing protest. That route change has now been announced!
So my simple question, I quote directly "...I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?.." had no resemblance to your statement ''Not only did you ask us to predict what the A1 would be doing on the 17th" - that is simply untrue as I did not ask any such question & your ongoing irrational rant is simply an attempt to cover your initial stupid error of comprehension.
Again, your original post. Everyone can patently see why you made it. Why you keep denying that you asked the query given that you were returning on the 17th is very strange behaviour and frankly beyond bemusing.
Show it to 10 people and ask them what their interpretation is.......

Nor in any way is your mad mad claim (the bottle again?) that I attempted to "rewrite time". I made no claim to have read your post on the thread regarding the Don Mueang - Suvarnabhumi Shuttle prior to posting my question on 6 January. In my later post of 2014-01-08 15:33:36 I stated and I quote directly from that post "... Later in that thread you make the observation: "On the one hand the foresight by the AOT..." making the point that you were later praising the authorities for a route change when all I was asking was if such a route change could be possible for the A1. But at no stage in my original post of 6 January did I state I had read your post before you posted it - are you such a total buffoon not to understand that is not possible - but once it has been posted I can refer to it in a later post. Comprendo or no-comprendo "l-a-t-e-r" ?
Below is the FULL para of what you wrote, not a self serving exaction out of context. The 2nd sentence leads directly to the next, there is no qualification, there is no, 'in a later post, you stated' or 'you later stated on the thread'.
That is why it was intentionally misleading, you clearly and patently state that the motivation of your OP was another thread and then you quote directly from me blatantly implying that the quote was made prior to your OP. If you weren't intently seeking to misrepresent then you would have made it clear that the quote is posted AFTER your original query - you try to cover your lie by not even linking the thread.
Again, show this para to 10 people, ask for their interpretation......
Anyway at last after another pointless immature diatribe, you have posted something useful namely that the A1 route change has now been announced and passengers can currently use it to get to Morchit BTS - so simple question whether it would be possible was entirely sensible and appropriate to this thread.
If you don't understand a simple two sentence post containing one simple specific question, you should move on to other simpler posts that are within your clearly limited ability. Should I use Disneyland emoticons - perhaps Bugs Bunny & Micky Mouse - to help you understand simple posts more easily?
You have been obsessively misrepresenting your original intentions and blatantly lying out of desperation as was clearly displayed in the previous post with facts and times. You sought to change time by referring to a post made 4 hrs after your original post, it didn't work.
You have shifted positions. Originally, when pointed out to you that we couldn't speculate & predict but would have to wait to see how the blockade was enacted, you then realized your embarrassment and attempted to deny that landing on the 17th had anything to do with your query about a route change
In the next post you admitted that landing on the 17th was the practical reason you asked the query;
" 4. I made a simple statement to the effect I was landing on the 17th, to make clear this topic was of practical not simply theoretical relevance to me. "
While you have been obsessively changing what you posted and misrepresenting facts - even by attempting to change the time space continuum (!), I have posted 3 updates on the A1 sourced from factual sources. In a thread where myself & others have been providing info for many, many months well before you started this Harry2 circus. That is done as we attempt to keep helping inform others and ourselves on various issues. We'll still be doing it in the future while you probably will still be arguing in months time that your original post had nothing to do with landing on the 17th!
Err sorry to ask but exactly what helpful info have you provided to this sub- forum????

Basically, what clearly has happened is that you were embarrassed by your original post when it was pointed out that none of us have a crystal ball & that we would have to wait until the 13th. You responded disproportionately to the prediction examples used thus displaying an overly sensitive temperament.

You over reacted to the temp & SET analogy - calling it a diatribe. Had I not used that sentence you probably would not have sought to rewrite your OP nor stooped to the level of lying in post #45 as has been clearly shown. Such conduct is a reflection of yourself for reasons best known to you.

I have suggested to let this go but again you keep gnawing away at the festering sore that you created. I invited you to make yourself useful and provide some informative posts but that seems beyond you. Perhaps, you can in the future.....we can only hope! You might have even taken 5 mins to do a quick trip report (A1 or taxi) for others benefit after you arrived back on the 17th but you didn't even bother with that.

Please do try to refrain from wasting your and everyone's time. (See, it is possible to reply to someone you have had a disagreement with, without resorting to petty name calling - give that a try )

Have a nice Sunday!

I'm arriving by overnight train at the Don Muang rail station. I take it, no showers at the airport (they used to have a massage spa that offered showers for a few hundred baht)?

There are showers for ten baht.

where?

Sent from my tin can via string

As usual, you ignore what you don't wish to see, I had already posted on the 13th at 2am that a route change would be implemented after calling the AOT - post 42#. Intentionally you missed that as if the last update was the first made?? Isn't that typical of you. I have subsequently updated the AOT info, twice in recent days as further info became available. Yet another failed attempt by you with misrepresenting facts but given your track record I guess that one should not be surprised.......

Again, your original post. Everyone can patently see why you made it. Why you keep denying that you asked the query given that you were returning on the 17th is very strange behaviour and frankly beyond bemusing.
Show it to 10 people and ask them what their interpretation is.......

Below is the FULL para of what you wrote, not a self serving exaction out of context. The 2nd sentence leads directly to the next, there is no qualification, there is no, 'in a later post, you stated' or 'you later stated on the thread'.
That is why it was intentionally misleading, you clearly and patently state that the motivation of your OP was another thread and then you quote directly from me blatantly implying that the quote was made prior to your OP. If you weren't intently seeking to misrepresent then you would have made it clear that the quote is posted AFTER your original query - you try to cover your lie by not even linking the thread.
Again, show this para to 10 people, ask for their interpretation......
You have been obsessively misrepresenting your original intentions and blatantly lying out of desperation as was clearly displayed in the previous post with facts and times. You sought to change time by referring to a post made 4 hrs after your original post, it didn't work.
You have shifted positions. Originally, when pointed out to you that we couldn't speculate & predict but would have to wait to see how the blockade was enacted, you then realized your embarrassment and attempted to deny that landing on the 17th had anything to do with your query about a route change
In the next post you admitted that landing on the 17th was the practical reason you asked the query;
" 4. I made a simple statement to the effect I was landing on the 17th, to make clear this topic was of practical not simply theoretical relevance to me. "
While you have been obsessively changing what you posted and misrepresenting facts - even by attempting to change the time space continuum (!), I have posted 3 updates on the A1 sourced from factual sources. In a thread where myself & others have been providing info for many, many months well before you started this Harry2 circus. That is done as we attempt to keep helping inform others and ourselves on various issues. We'll still be doing it in the future while you probably will still be arguing in months time that your original post had nothing to do with landing on the 17th!
Err sorry to ask but exactly what helpful info have you provided to this sub- forum????

Basically, what clearly has happened is that you were embarrassed by your original post when it was pointed out that none of us have a crystal ball & that we would have to wait until the 13th. You responded disproportionately to the prediction examples used thus displaying an overly sensitive temperament.

You over reacted to the temp & SET analogy - calling it a diatribe. Had I not used that sentence you probably would not have sought to rewrite your OP nor stooped to the level of lying in post #45 as has been clearly shown. Such conduct is a reflection of yourself for reasons best known to you.

I have suggested to let this go but again you keep gnawing away at the festering sore that you created. I invited you to make yourself useful and provide some informative posts but that seems beyond you. Perhaps, you can in the future.....we can only hope! You might have even taken 5 mins to do a quick trip report (A1 or taxi) for others benefit after you arrived back on the 17th but you didn't even bother with that.

Please do try to refrain from wasting your and everyone's time. (See, it is possible to reply to someone you have had a disagreement with, without resorting to petty name calling - give that a try )

Have a nice Sunday!

Again your hysterical attempts to try to mask the humiliating truth that your muddled mind, misunderstood a simple request for factual information and conjured up an idiotic question that had nothing to with mine. An idiot asked that question and an idiot answered it - you. You will write pages of nonsense to try to use every mis-representation & outright falsification to hide your foolish error. I could show my simple question to 1000 people and all above the age of 8 would recognise it has no connection to your invented idiot question.

My question: "..I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?.."

​This has the following characteristics - it asks a single, factual question about a geographic route - no general vague information request & absolutely no request for predictions.

Your idiot interpretation: ''Not only did you ask us to predict what the A1 would be doing on the 17th"

This has the following characteristics - general & not specific, a clear request for a future prediction.

You misunderstood a simple factual question beginning & end. You have slandered me & misrepresented my simple question ever since to try to cover your humiliating mistake.

Have a productive Sunday if you know what that is.

I landed at Don Muang on Friday 17 January just around 22.30.

I got through immigration relatively fast & was outside by the A1 stand just after 22.45.

The A1 bus arrived about 5 minutes later & departed at 23.00. Fare standard B30.

It followed the revised route to Morchit BTS - passing Rama Gardens Hotel & Nakhonchai Air, before cutting around Chatuchak to arrive outside BTS station around 23.30.

(The specific route information I had requested in my simple single question of 5 January - yes the previous A1 route can be altered to circumvent the protest - and the operators did just that)

The BTS train arrived shortly afterwards and I got back to Oh Nut before midnight.

An excellent way to get to the BTS and circumvent the problems that existed on that date.

At last some useful information about the subject of the thread the A1, after pages of crap.

Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question, forget it guys leave it alone its a crushing bore for people who want information on the A1.

If these two cant agree to disagree its about time someone stepped in to stop them....

I landed at Don Muang on Friday 17 January just around 22.30.

I got through immigration relatively fast & was outside by the A1 stand just after 22.45.

The A1 bus arrived about 5 minutes later & departed at 23.00. Fare standard B30.

It followed the revised route to Morchit BTS - passing Rama Gardens Hotel & Nakhonchai Air, before cutting around Chatuchak to arrive outside BTS station around 23.30.

(The specific route information I had requested in my simple single question of 5 January - yes the previous A1 route can be altered to circumvent the protest - and the operators did just that)

The BTS train arrived shortly afterwards and I got back to Oh Nut before midnight.

An excellent way to get to the BTS and circumvent the problems that existed on that date.

Ah congratulations! You finally took up my repeated requests to post something useful and pertinent for the first time....though 9 days after your trip.

This proves a number of things;

1) That you can actually post some useful info - the trip report is informative, gives a sense of time and accords with the changed route info I had previously advised the thread. Your journey took 30 mins late at night. Though, as I noted in post #46 when I advised of the changed route info, Kampaeng Phet 2 rd will be heavy during the day given other BMTA buses are diverting along this rd so expected a much longer journey during day time.

After numerous posts, this is the first useful contribution you have made. Most impressive.

2) That you can make a post without resorting to name calling, misleading info or strange denials,

3) This again proves that your intention all along - though you kept bizarrely denying it for some strange reason - was to take the A1 as stated in your OP "I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS....." .

Obviously you were embarrassed about your OP seeking a prediction for the 17th before the blockade on the 13th had even been established. Fair enough but then strangely you kept denying such.....your denials really did go to bizzare lengths, even to the extent of wanting to change the time space continuum!!!

Hopefully, you'll now make further contributions in posting useful info for the benefit of others. All the best. :)

At last some useful information about the subject of the thread the A1, after pages of crap.

Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question, forget it guys leave it alone its a crushing bore for people who want information on the A1.

If these two cant agree to disagree its about time someone stepped in to stop them....

Quote: "Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question,"

Exactly you have spotted the key point exactly - 'a guy' namely Lakegeneve simply did not understand my simple specific question.

Now 4 weeks after I asked a single simple question concerning the feasibility of a route change for the A1 he is still wasting people's time & bandwidth to continue his hysterical, untruthful attempts to hide his own foolishness.

Ah congratulations! You finally took up my repeated requests to post something useful and pertinent for the first time....though 9 days after your trip.

This proves a number of things;

1) That you can actually post some useful info - the trip report is informative, gives a sense of time and accords with the changed route info I had previously advised the thread. Your journey took 30 mins late at night. Though, as I noted in post #46 when I advised of the changed route info, Kampaeng Phet 2 rd will be heavy during the day given other BMTA buses are diverting along this rd so expected a much longer journey during day time.

After numerous posts, this is the first useful contribution you have made. Most impressive.

2) That you can make a post without resorting to name calling, misleading info or strange denials,

3) This again proves that your intention all along - though you kept bizarrely denying it for some strange reason - was to take the A1 as stated in your OP "I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS....." .

Obviously you were embarrassed about your OP seeking a prediction for the 17th before the blockade on the 13th had even been established. Fair enough but then strangely you kept denying such.....your denials really did go to bizzare lengths, even to the extent of wanting to change the time space continuum!!!

Hopefully, you'll now make further contributions in posting useful info for the benefit of others. All the best. smile.png

It is none of your business what I or any other poster writes or when we post it. You are not a moderator, mind your own business & spend your time posting something useful even if its just a link to a map or a timetable. I post useful information on the subject for the benefit of decent rational readers - not you.
I have never stated I would not be taking the A1 quite the reverse, yet another malicious 100% untruth among the many you have made. Clearly you are not only incapable of understanding a simple question you are seemingly incapable of truthfully representing simple statements - your method is via total distortion to state the opposite of what I write & then pretend your grotesque misrepresentation is my statement. Get back to posting your links to BTS & Airport Link information, this is useful as it saves people - many of whom have jobs & lives to live (perhaps you might give one or both of those a try sometime?) - a couple of minutes googling. It is a sad way to try to gain respect & kudos, but compared to how many other farang inadequates behave in Thailand it is harmless.
Note this quote from GeorgeKi on 26 January: "Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question,"
1. You still cannot accept the simple plain point that you switched my simple single question for a nonsense question of your own which you then went on to point out, correctly, was nonsense. On this we agree your question seeking general predictions about what could happen in the future after the 13th - was absurd and I laid out the reasons why your question was idiotic in a subsequent post. You humiliate yourself by pretending your question was mine - when any rational person can see they are totally different.
Your 100% misrepresentation: "...seeking a prediction for the 17th before the blockade on the 13th...".
No the question I asked was completely 100% different: "...I wonder if the A1 can get from Don Muang to Morchit BTS via expressway or an alternative route and circumvent that junction?"
The fact I then make a statement "I am landing Friday 17th at night and preferably want a taxi or the A1 to Morchit BTS.........." puts my specific question into the context that I am a passenger landing after the unrest begins & not some Internet inadequate seeking & posting futile misrepresentations & abuse (See Lakegeneve for examples). It absolutely does not change my specific, non-predictive, simple request, for one piece of geographic route information into your general request for future predictions on events after the 13th. That is your question and remains your question - it is 100% different from mine & yes it is an idiotic question asked by an idiot - you. Absurdly you answer your own idiotic question & pronounce it idiotic - yes indeed I agree with you absolutely on that specific point.
To repeat the simple point made by GeorgeKi earlier: “Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question..” Exactly.
2. The above post is the first you made without resorting to hysterical abuse and name calling - bizarrely for someone who can only defend himself by malicious distortions & untruths - you previously called me a liar, the exact inverse of reality! You exhibited this abusive behaviour almost immediately, in a desperate attempt to hide the weakness of your own arguments defending your response to your own idiotic question.
Unlike you I have sought to understand what has turned someone, who typically posts dull but useful links to airport travel related information, into a malicious, ranting, unhinged monster resorting to blatant untruths in a desperate attempt to cover his original blunder. In contrast to your unhinged abuse I have tried to analyse the cause of your problem & seek to help you. What the exact cause of your problem is not completely clear, but below I have provided links to assistance here in Thailand - you need help - please follow up:
A. Influence of alcohol. Sadly this does occur, all too frequently a poster who may be rational & reasonable when sober can become an irrational, hysterical unhinged monster after consuming too much alcohol.
B. Shared account. One user is a harmless dullard who posts simple travel updates. Perhaps another user is a child or childlike adult who writes these irrational, unreasonable & untruthful diatribes. This can be solved very simply by setting up two accounts & allowing the adult to control the child's account via software.
C. Mental problems - a 'split personality' or related illness. This is the Wikipedia entry on Schizophrenia which seems very close to your behaviour:
"Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes and by impaired emotional responses.[1] Common symptoms include delusions, such as paranoid beliefs; hallucinations; disorganised thinking..."
Solution: Bumrungrad has a number of specialists who can provide psychiatric diagnosis and assistance. At one stage after 2000 they employed a farang specialist, such was the demand from farang expatriates with mental health issues. I have no idea whether they still have one on their staff but you can inquire here: 02 667 1555
Good luck & try to sort your problem out yourself in private, rather than inflicting it on others on this public forum.
PS In case you ‘forgot’ or the information has still not sunk into your muddled mind, here is that quote from GeorgeKi again: “Some 3 weeks ago a guy didnt understand a question..”

As the PDRC, is packing up the Latphrao stage this morning the BMTA is expecting to be able to route all buses via normal routes as of later this afternoon or this evening. That will include the A1. I called both the BMTA & DMCC to confirm

However, expect definitely tomorrow as it may take longer for the BMA to clean the area and for security authorities to conduct a sweep.

In essence A1 to be returning to its normal route from later today, definitely tomorrow.

Also, it was confirmed that the A2 is no longer operating.

Edited by Mario2008
off topic comment removed